Impotence is a serious sexual disorder. In recent years more and more men face this problem. Often the development of the disorder can be difficult to kind of mental and emotional crisis. Therefore, psychotherapy plays an important role in the treatment of impotence.
Erectile dysfunction is a serious problem for most men. It changes the way of life and reduces sexual performance. The disorder has a negative impact on the emotional state of men. Reduced self-esteem, a feeling of insecurity and shame.
The first time many men try to solve the problem on your own, using folk remedies and biological additives, ulucami sexual function. However, this may not get rid of the problem.
Impotence treated in different ways:
Often use several methods depending on the causes and depth of distress.
The aim of psychotherapy in the treatment of impotence
Restoration of sexual function is a primary goal of psychotherapy. It allows you to find internal barriers, to reveal and to investigate the causes that make its situation, to solve internal conflicts, and to determine the value of impotence in a patient’s life. Therapy will help a man to overcome the constraints that do not allow you to receive satisfaction from sexual life.
Psychotherapy as a method of treatment of impotence
Psychotherapy impotence identifies five key elements:
- work on removing the fear of sex and reducing anxiety;
- changing beliefs;
- training constructive solutions to conflicts with a partner, as well as stimulation of the development and deepening of relations;
- prevent the recurrence of cases of impotence.
Therapy with impotence is carried out taking into account individual peculiarities of the patient, the nature and extent of the violation, family situation.
Therapy involves several steps:
- Individual work with the patient. Given the intimacy of the problems, very important in the beginning to establish a sincere and trusting relationship between patient and doctor, and also save this contact in the future. Short-term psychodynamic psychotherapy helps the patient understand the mechanisms and causes of impotence, to create a positive life scenario and to strengthen protective mechanisms. Great importance of bodily therapy that will relieve muscle tension and develop the ability to control his body. The duration of this stage is individual. It can last from several days to several weeks, with visits 1-2 times a week. After receiving the patient the necessary information about the problem, reducing anxiety and emergence of positive momentum, moving to the next stage – working with spouses or partners. Important! Therapy at all stages is conducted in combination with medical treatment to eliminate physiological causes of impotence.
- When working with a married couple, the important task is to restore confidence between the partners. Pay special attention to the formation of the patience of the partner, with active participation in the process of psychotherapy. If the partner is present in anxious expectation of failure, it is important to give him understanding of the situation, to learn to accept it, to provide continued support and to avoid pressure. The partner needs to constantly strengthen his self-esteem, emphasizing his masculinity and social success. If impotence developed against the backdrop of a long cohabitation, a couple is asked to find new ways to diversify the sexual life. At this stage the sessions longer. Their duration is not less than an hour. Thus, frequency of sessions much less frequently. The effectiveness of therapy depends on the active participation of partners.
- In the future, if necessary, work with a couple is in the group. However, some couples prefer individual lessons, so it is very important to choose the most comfortable method of psychotherapy.
Physiological causes of impotence are closely connected with the mental state men, therefore, psychotherapy is of great importance in the treatment of disorders.
Radevich Igor tadeushevich, the doctor sexologist-andrologist of the 1st category