Decoration skin of various drawings and ornaments known since ancient times and popular in many Nations. To this day people from different age and social groups strive to make temporary or permanent tattoos with different goals: someone wants to Express their stance, for someone drawing on the skin has a sacral meaning. There are categories of people who come into tattoo shops, following the call of fashion.
Despite the fact that tattoo has many, it does not mean what to fill them myself — absolutely safe. Improper care of a tattoo or failure to comply with medical equipment safety when applied can lead to irreversible consequences for physical health.
What are the tattoo
There are several ways to apply different drawings on the skin:
- Temporary tattoos. Applied with applicators or brushes directly on the skin without the use of needles for patterning. So the paint is on the surface of the top layer of the epidermis and does not penetrate into its deepest layers. Over time, this figure gradually fades, slowly Sivas and disappearing. These tattoos are popular in young girls, the flavors of which change frequently. For the application of paint with a high content of henna is a vegetable dye pigment.
- Classic tattoo. In this case, the image is applied to the skin using a special needle. This is a painful process, during which the paint needle pierces the upper layers of the epidermis. Can even stand a small amount of blood, since in some cases the needle affects the capillaries. To carry out this procedure only in an appropriate salon from a certified master. All work is performed with sterile needles, and the skin before it is carefully processed. Subsequently, the tattoo requires special care and careful monitoring of healing.
The classic method of drawing on the skin is considered the most dangerous to human health.
Why tattooing is considered dangerous
The primary problem occurs not in the introduction of ink under the skin, which of course requires dexterity and precision. A large part of visits to doctors-specialists after a visit to a tattoo parlor connected with the consequences of wrong care of drawing and unsafe practices when applied.
The fact that the equipment for applying the tattoo should be cleaned and treated with antiseptics. Needles and gloves of the master must be disposable, and the paint is strictly certified. Equipment highly skilled craftsmen necessarily subjected to after each session ultrasonic or ultraviolet treatment (kvartsevanie).
Do not skimp on the tattoo and use the services salons with a bad reputation or unknown the tattoo rooms. The master cabin and working in it should have special certificates and certificates confirming their right to engage in such activities.
In addition to the tattoo should be taken very carefully as to the healing burn. Sometimes it is a severe trauma to the skin, so practically the entire period of healing will have to wear a sterile dressing, and regularly to handle the figure with antiseptics and healing ointments (Pantenol-D, Bepanten Plus). Pajeva gradually, the tattoo will be covered with crusts or exudates to highlight, therefore, some time will have to DAB and to seek the advice of a specialist dermatologist.
If this is not done, wrong passing the regeneration process can not only distort a picture, bring the paint and negate all experienced the discomfort, but also lead to decomposition of tissues, trophic ulcers and eczema.
Paint the picture quite tightly eats into the skin cells. It is believed that the tattoo, if space allows application, easier to kill on a new one than to settle.
It is important
The removal process of the figure no less painful than its application. Painted layers of skin are cut with a laser. Often after this procedure scars and scars.
What is dangerous tattooing
Despite the fact that the patterning on the skin is quite fashionable and popular way to decorate themselves, many learned about the consequences of incorrect procedure, as well as prolonged healing, abandon the idea portray anything on my skin.
This files most often decided to apply a tattoo to stop by the following factors:
- allergic reaction. This danger can occur as in the classic method of getting your pattern and when applying the temporary tattoo. Paint for skin often contain herbal and chemical ingredients, individually unbearable different people (oxides and sulfides of iron, cinnabar, cadmium, chrome oxide, chromate of lead and other hazardous trace elements). The ink pigments can cause itching on the skin, redness, peeling, swelling and other symptoms of allergic reactions, including angioedema and anaphylactic shock;
- infection. The penetration of the needle into the skin and capillaries, the circulatory system can ensure that ingested pathogens. It has been proven that tattooing greatly reduces the level of IgA, increases the concentration of cortisol, which leads to weakening of the immune system and the inability of the body to resist bacteria and viruses. The use of contaminated needles by a master may even lead to infection with HIV and hepatitis. The patterns of tattooing on the contrary various organs can affect the local immune system, for example the tattoos on the buttocks and lower back adversely affect the pelvic organs and increase the risk of developing cystitis and other inflammatory pathologies;
- scars and scars. Tattooing on the delicate, sensitive skin can lead to proliferation of connective tissue and the formation of the scarring of the top layer of the epidermis;
- granulomas. This is the term dermatologists call the various lumps and nodular formation around the particles of the coloring pigment that the body felt alien;
- the local inflammation. The process of selection of mediators of fluid is a protective reaction of the body to trauma of the skin. Improper paint application and care may form a secondary inflammatory reaction, accompanied by the wet, tattoos, severe pain and swelling, increased local temperature of the body;
- the psychological dependence. There are many cases where people who have committed one or more change on the body, be it a tattoo or piercing, later can not stop and continue to fill with drawings of all the loose skin.
It is important
A striking image on the skin is not only a way of expression, but also a big risk, so you should consult with specialists in the salons and doctors-dermatologists before you decide on a deep getting your picture in the skin.
How to reduce health risks when applying tattoos
In order to reduce the risk of unpleasant side effects and serious skin abnormalities to a minimum, you should follow rather simple rules:
- pay attention not only to the choice of interior, but also to the qualification of the master, which will apply the tattoo. It is best to pre-read independent reviews;
- if the condition of the skin is a concern, you should refrain from tattooing or you can use the services of artists-henna, temporary drawing pictures on the skin with henna;
- before visiting the salon, if requested by the dermatologist, is to pass a series of tests that will show how sensitive the organism to the introduction under the skin of toxic paints;
- do not just paint over a large area of skin. You need to apply a figure gradually, carefully watching the health and well-being after each session. The introduction of paint in small portions and on small areas to allow the body to not only adapt to stressful condition, but also to develop the necessary immune response. There is a perception that proper tattooing even helps to strengthen the immune system, however, this information is checked by scientists in different countries;
- in the cabin you should pay attention to sterility. Don’t be afraid to seem impolite and refuse the procedure if you have the impression that the tools are not sufficiently sterile, and the master does not comply with safety precautions;
- from the very first day of appearance on the skin the tattoo requires careful maintenance and control. After work, the master must tell a detailed manual about how exactly you take care of the skin during the healing period pattern. These rules must fulfil, despite their sufficient the monotony. The pharmacy will need to purchase special tools: healing ointment with panthenol to prevent drying and scarring in the early days (Bepanten, Panthenol-D), antiseptic liquid on a water basis for daily processing of the image (Chlorhexidine, Miramistin);
- during healing the tattoo need to abandon synthetic materials that do not allow air flow to the skin and trigger excessive sweating and irritation. Part of the body on which are plotted the drawing, you need to wear only clothing made of natural cotton;
- the first time you should not drink alcohol, negatively acting on the blood circulation and inhibiting the processes of tissue regeneration;
- environmental factors such as direct sunlight, may negatively affect the quality of the picture and integrity of the tissue during the healing process, so the first couple of weeks after tattooing should avoid the sun and in no case can not sunbathe;
- you will need to drink plenty of clean water-stimulating the metabolism and accelerating the healing tattoo and renewal of tissues.
Despite the fact that tattoo is not only painful, but dangerous way of expression, the right approach to its application and proper care during healing will help to minimize risk and enjoy the beautiful pattern on the skin.
Irina Kuznetsova, medical columnist