Diet for anemia recommends the inclusion in the diet foods that help stabilize blood picture and raise the level of the missing blood cells. Anemia is a condition of the body when in the blood decreases the number of erythrocytes and hemoglobin.
In order to normalize the composition of blood, it is recommended to spend more time in the fresh air, to allow sufficient time for proper rest and, most importantly, adjust your diet. An unbalanced diet, the fascination with vegetarianism, especially in adolescence or during intense physical and psychoemotional loads, — all this inevitably leads to the development of anemia.
You also have to remember the climate in which you live. Thus, during the harsh cold winters the body requires additional amounts of energy. Due to improper diet anemia occurs, the nails become brittle and hair fall out, fade and cut, the skin has an unhealthy color, there is a violation of the menstrual cycle, and the weakening of the immune system leads to frequent infectious diseases — strep throat, colds, flu.
The types of the disease
Anemia is of several types:
- The most common is iron deficiency anemia. The disease is caused by a deficiency in the human body trace elements such as iron. Often and the elderly.
- (acute or chronic) appears when loss of blood.
- Hemolytic. The disease is associated with rapid destruction of blood cells.
- Palaeodiversity anemia occurs when the lack of folic acid and vitamin B12.
- Sickle cell. This disease is not as common. It is associated with production of abnormal hemoglobin in the blood under the influence of the mutations.
- occurs when the impaired functionality of bone marrow.
The symptoms of anemia
- brittle hair and nails;
- pallor of the skin;
- dry mouth;
- shortness of breath;
- tinnitus etc.
Disease is treated not only with drugs — need balanced diet in anemia, which stimulates the process of hematopoiesis.
Products for anemia
Patients need foods rich in vitamins a, b and C. to Compensate for the lack of vitamin A is recommended with dishes of sea fish, poached eggs. Dishes from the liver and tongue cooked pureed, add these foods in vegetable puree, porridge.
Also shows home made liver pate and meat casserole. Of cereals suitable buckwheat, barley grits, oatmeal. The taste can be improved by the addition of honey, nuts, steamed prunes, dried apricots, dates or figs.
A list of products that are recommended to eat in anemia:
- vegetables, fruits;
- black and white bread;
- the liver;
- lean meat;
- oil and butter;
- rose hips, black currants and other berries.
Nutritional care in anemia does not allow the use of the following products:
- wheat flour;
- condensed milk;
Treatment of iron deficiency anemia
The disease is particularly common in women in the state. According to statistics, 70% of mothers observed anemia. Despite the fact that pregnant women so monitor your diet, the body often lack of folic acid and iron.
Therapeutic diet for iron deficiency anemia helps to cope with this problem.
Healthy foods for pregnant women with this disease:
- Lean meat, butter and cream. They are rich in amino acids and proteins.
- Honey speeds up the absorption of iron.
- Breakfast cereals, green salads and vegetables are rich in folic acid.
Patients need to eat bread, pastries, apricots, beets, carrots, plums, tomatoes, fish, potatoes, strawberries, rosehips, raisins, oranges, pomegranate, grapefruit, lemon, apples.
Diet for iron deficiency anemia does not allow the use of the following products:
- cocoa, chocolate, coffee, tea – they contain caffeine, which interferes with the absorption of iron;
- food prepared with vinegar or brine;
- products containing calcium (milk, cheese, cottage cheese) – they inhibit absorption of iron.
Sample menu for anemia
Diet for iron deficiency anemia in the elderly and pregnant women is a little different from each other. For example, expectant mothers should limit their consumption of liver, whereas for patients with anemia at the age of this product is one of the most important in the diet. Below offered the option of medical nutrition for anemia, inadequate meals with some form of anemia should be excluded.
Breakfast may include:
- Apple porridge from millet;
- two boiled eggs;
- hard cheese;
- boiled fish;
- fried liver;
- vegetable puree;
- tea or coffee with milk.
The second Breakfast should consist of:
- roasted vegetables;
- fried potatoes;
- boiled fish;
- of broth hips or whole milk.
For lunch you can choose:
- soup (vegetable, chicken, milk, soup, chowder, soup);
- side dish (meat, vegetable cutlets, zrazy, fried kidneys, stewed liver);
- cheese cakes, jelly, fruit or berry salad;
- fruit compote, juice or tea.
Afternoon tea can include drugs, fruits, biscuits, tea with milk.
For dinner we recommend:
- fish dishes;
- hard-boiled eggs;
- a decoction of rose hips or tea.
A few hours before bedtime can drink kefir, fermented baked milk or yogurt.
Folk medicine recommends to drink with anemia of various herbal infusions and decoctions. Most popular – a decoction of rose hips. Accelerate the process of hematopoiesis following types of infusions:
Yarrow and wormwood. Raw materials are mixed in proportion of 1 to 3 and pour boiling water. The mixture was allowed to stand for at least half an hour, strain and drink a tablespoon before eating.
Dandelion root, nettle leaves and yarrow flowers (in equal amounts). Tablespoon of raw brew Cup of boiling water. Take the infusion after 3 hours, three times a day before meals.
Patients with anemia often have no appetite. To have the desire to eat, the dishes are seasoned with table salt, herbs, herbs, diet includes a variety of sauces.