The main reasons for the development of the disease
The study of the development of breast, cervical and lumbar degenerative disc disease is given special attention in medicine. There are six main aspects of developing the disease.
- Injuries, injuries of the spine. Many people have for a long time to be in the same position, often sitting at the table. Overload can occur during the same type of physical work. All of this leads to damage of the bone and ligamentous apparatus of the spine. While injured intervertebral discs.
- Hormonal disorders of metabolism and endocrine system. Excess or insufficient body weight adversely affects the musculoskeletal system.
- The third factor is associated with age-related changes in the human body in which there is destruction of bone, muscle and cartilage, intervertebral discs are subject to wear.
- Hereditary factors lead to congenital abnormalities of the musculoskeletal system.
- Degenerative processes in the muscle tissue occur due to overexertion of particular muscle groups and lead to imbalance. Most often, these factors lead to thoracic osteochondrosis.
- A sedentary lifestyle, in which muscles atrophy, as a result of disease and injury produce inflammation. This leads to disruption of blood supply and incorrect formation of the skeleton, including the thoracic spine.
At risk are primarily people older than 40 years. It is noted that 80% of the population over 60 years of age observed pathological processes. This phenomenon is caused by age-related factors, the increase in dynamic and static overload of the apparatus.
Degenerative processes in thoracic and lumbar region can occur in young people aged 20-30, who lead a sedentary lifestyle, have excess body weight and underdeveloped muscles.
Factors of development of lumbar degenerative disc disease
Pathological changes in the lumbar area is already apparent in the 15-19 years unlike breast and cervical. This disease is the most common type of disorders of the musculoskeletal system and is found in 90% of all patients complaining of back pain.
The reasons for its occurrence are:
- degenerative-dystrophic processes such as the destruction of bone, connective tissue, vertebrae, joints and ligaments, due to the breakdown of glycoproteins, consisting of protein and polysaccharides, responsible for the elasticity and firmness of the connective tissue;
- drying the gel-like nucleus of the intervertebral disc and loss of the elastic properties and attenuation;
- the appearance of cracks and tears in the fibrous ring;
- the change of metabolism in the body;
- flat feet;
- increased load on the spine due to carrying heavy bags of goods;
- overload resulted sports;
- congenital developmental defects of the skeleton;
- forced stay in the same position;
- excess load on the lumbar spine.
Causes of degenerative disc disease of the cervical spine
Most often, this form of osteoarthritis develops in young people aged 18 to 30 years.
Causes of cervical degenerative disc disease:
- injuries to the spinal column;
- a sedentary lifestyle;
- stress, disorders of the Central nervous system;
- underdeveloped muscle tissue;
- in athletes, pathology may arise due to violation of process of training, reducing the burden.
Causes of degenerative disc disease of the cervical are often due to muscle clamps. They limit the mobility of the intervertebral discs, as a consequence, impaired posture and reduced blood flow.
As a result of spasms observed degenerative processes in the discs, ligaments and vertebrae.
The theory of the origin of the pathologies of the thoracic
The thoracic osteochondrosis is a pathological process that takes place over a long period of time, and can lead to invalidate of the patient.
As the thorax protected by dense muscle tissue, the disease in this region occurs less frequently, compared with other species.
The emergence of thoracic osteochondrosis is the greatest danger. The disease requires immediate treatment as it can cause complications. Thoracic degenerative disc disease most often occurs in people who are often behind the wheel of a car or behind an office Desk.
It is this group of individuals belongs to the group of increased risk. The thoracic spine is the most inactive area. Therefore, the lack of exercise leads to disruption of the trophic elements of the spine. These processes reduce blood flow.
The main cause of thoracic osteochondrosis are dystrophic-degenerative processes in the vertebrae and discs. In the absence of timely treatment can cause irreversible consequences for the internal organs.
The thoracic is more subjected to static loads. The result is uneven load distribution.
Scoliosis increases pressure on the thoracic spine. The appearance of the disease is caused by multiple factors. The main causes of pathologies of the thoracic are:
- improper nutrition and overweight;
- violation of metabolic processes in the body;
- the lack of physical exertion on the muscles of the thoracic;
- sedentary work;
- the formation of muscle blocks can cause thoracic osteochondrosis;
- high loads on the thoracic spine;
- the formation of micro traumas and fractures as a result of excessive loads.