It is believed that a woman’s heart is always pounding at an accelerated rate. However, this is not true for all women, although tachycardia, or rapid heartbeat, is the most common rhythm disorders encountered in women.
Is it possible to avoid this unpleasant condition? To answer this question, it is necessary to know the causes of tachycardia in women and try these reasons to avoid.
Tachycardia or tachyarrhythmia, called this a violation of the heart rhythm in which heart rate (HR) accelerated, but their rhythm is not broken, that is, the intervals between heartbeats are reduced, but they are equal. The most typical and safe acceleration of the heart rate occurs in any healthy body during physical or emotional stress or the influence of other external factors — coffee, alcohol, etc. This tachyarrhythmia is called physiological or functional, it has a transient nature (normal heart rate is restored within 10-15 minutes) and is not dangerous.
If signs of tachycardia of the heart the women are in a calm state or a normal heartbeat is not restored for a long time, there is reason to think. About what a dangerous tachycardia of the heart in women can be judged from the list of consequences of this condition:
- prolonged oxygen starvation of vital organs;
- ishemizatsii heart and brain;
- ventricular fibrillation.
To detect the tachycardia is not difficult, because a rapid heart rate above 100 beats per minute — it’s hard not to notice. But there are other signs of tachycardia of the heart in women. And treatment is selected based on these symptoms tachyarrhythmias:
- panic attacks;
- often unconscious conditions, darkening in the eyes;
- shortness of breath; feelings of choking;
- chest pain;
- during the attack — pulsation of the cervical vessels;
- weakness, fatigue.
Progressive tachyarrhythmia, causing a constant shortage of oxygen in the tissues, can occur:
- a drop in blood pressure;
- impaired urination (reduced intensity);
- cyanosis (blueness) of extremities and lips;
- paleness of the skin.
These symptoms of tachycardia of the heart in women appear depending on the type of tachyarrhythmia have different women with different intensity. But fast heart rate stands out as the most obvious among the symptoms of tachycardia of the heart in women. These symptoms can be signs of serious pathology.
Predisposing factors for the development of tachycardia in women varies in different groups of patients, correlating with age and other features. Often the only way to cure this disease becomes the cause of the tachycardia.
In young women
What could be the causes of tachycardia in women under 40 years, when the level of estrogen in the hormonal background of the female body protects the blood vessels from lipoproteins? It would seem that nature itself has taken care of women’s health, but the complaints of young women in tachycardia is not uncommon. Cardiologists explain the situation neurogenic causes, stress caused by:
- busy young professionals demanding tasks in the workplace;
- abuse of coffee or soft drinks;
- household chores (usually in women of this age, the children go to school and require special attention, time and effort of the mother);
- congenital lability of the nervous system, NDCs, patients often describe a situation when a provocateur attack becomes an ordinary alarm sound in the morning.
There are cases of development of a tachyarrhythmia as a result of taking certain medications (medications or toxic tachycardia), infectious diseases, and rise in body temperature, vitamin deficiencies, and anemia, severe blood loss during heavy menstruation, as well as reflex — like reaction to severe pain.
Patients after 45 years
Causes of tachycardia in women after 45 years associated with the extinction of reproductive function and hormonal changes. The gradual reduction of estrogen causes of symptoms in women during menopause:
- strong pulsation in the throat or chest;
- fatigue, weakness;
- shortness of breath;
- anxiety and panic attacks;
- feeling extra heart tremors;
- the hot flushes.
All of these symptoms doctors call normal for women in the period before menopause and I suggest not to worry too much, saying that tachycardia and menopause — status compatible. At the same time reducing the level of estrogen in the blood leads to vasoconstriction and, consequently, increase in blood pressure. Therefore, the causes of tachycardia in women after 50 years, as a rule, are in an already existing cardiovascular diseases or endocrine disorders.
At normal pressure
If tachycardia during menopause due to hormonal changes and a gradual decrease in blood pressure, what makes the heart quickly pounding at normal pressure? Causes of tachycardia in women at normal pressure can be any triggers tachyarrhythmia, including neurogenic. Considerable importance is lifestyle and physical activity women. For normal heart rate and these parameters should be normal:
- healthy sleep;
- sufficient, but moderate physical exercise;
- balanced diet (to avoid anaemia and vitamin deficiencies).
If the background of normal blood pressure tachycardia often makes itself felt, the right decision is to go to the doctor and be examined.
In case of hypotension
Low blood pressure (hypotension) is commonly perceived as a sluggish state, it shouldn’t cause too much trouble for the man.
Women hypotensive patients usually adapts to this your body and know what you can quickly bring itself to life. But sometimes a sudden drop in blood pressure suddenly starts accompanied by a rapid heartbeat, causing concern and even panic among women. The reasons for this behavior of the heart explained — due to sluggishness of circulation it feels lack of oxygen and trying to fill a faster rate.
The causes of an accelerated heart rate with hypertension in each case may be different. Itself hypertension in women develops mainly as a consequence of disturbed metabolism (harmful food, excess fat and salt in food), sedentary lifestyle, hereditary diseases.
Causes of tachycardia in women on a background of hypertensive disease are inextricably linked with the reasons that the background of the disease, as well as with other pathologies that can manifest itself this way.
It is clear that the causes of tachycardia in women under 40 and after 50 years determine treatment. It will depend on the background of the disease and fundamentally in this regard differ.
- Hypotension the goal of treatment are: improved circulation, restoration of normal oxygenation (oxygen saturation) of organs and tissues, support normal blood volume. In this case the important role played by non-drug therapy.
- With hypertension need to constantly monitor blood pressure and to prevent hypertensive crises associated with increased heart rate. Here required careful selection of antihypertensive drugs of combined action, for example, blockers slow calcium channels and aceis.
Any assignment and selection of therapeutic interventions must be provided of competence of the doctor.
Specifics of manifestation and therapy in menopause
The greatest number of issues when explaining the causes of tachyarrhythmia in women causes tachycardia menopause The symptoms and treatment in this period really different from the usual symptoms and therapeutic schemes.
Due to the decrease in the level of estrogen the female body loses a natural protection against cholesterol deposits, at risk of developing hypertension, ischemic heart disease. All this against the background of unstable emotional state leads:
- to mood swings;
- tides blood to a person;
- hyperemia (redness) of the face in the most inappropriate situation
what else makes a woman worry. The feeling that people understand what changes occur in her body, often drive the woman into depression, which also contributes to neurological causes tachycardia.
What to do?
When a woman is found tachycardia during menopause that to do it than to go to the doctor? Moreover, for the selection of adequate treatment may require consultation not only physician, but a gynecologist, endocrinologist (many women in this period manifest problems with the thyroid gland). This means that the tachycardia during menopause requires a comprehensive treatment — from hormone replacement therapy to iodine, but to decide what to take, doctors should.
Acceleration of heart rate during pregnancy
Frequent phenomenon, and tachycardia in women during child bearing. Causes it is also primarily associated with hormonal changes — during pregnancy, increased progesterone levels, forcing the heart to work at an accelerated pace. Aggravate the clinical picture of the pathological state:
- anemia, vitamin deficiencies;
- dehydration caused by manifestations of toxicity;
- bad habits (Smoking, alcohol);
- and the use of vasoconstrictor drugs (eg, nose drops) and other reasons.
To ignore the palpitations in women is dangerous, especially for the health of the unborn baby. Therefore, it is necessary to tell about the state of your doctor and get tested.
- Tachycardia is an accelerated heart rate is caused by various reasons.
- Depending on the causes of tachycardia in women can be physiological or pathological.
- The choice of treatment regimen tachycardia the characteristics of its flow, the symptoms and the causes that provoked an elevated heart rate.