Varicose veins of small pelvis in men — the problem is quite common. In most cases, varicose veins affects the male genital organs and is the name of the disease varicocele.
Characteristics of the disease and predisposing factors
Varicose veins of small pelvis in men mainly affects the area of the spermatic cord. The disease called varicocele is accompanied by varicose veins located in the scrotum and spermatic cord. To the greatest extent of this pathology affects young people aged between 16 and 25 years.
Important! According to statistics from varicocele affects about 12% of men under forty years of age.
The pathological process develops gradually and is accompanied by a decrease of the testicles. Varicose testicular veins adversely affects the quantitative and qualitative indicators of the semen of the patient, greatly reducing the chances of occurrence of natural conception.
Please note: according to statistics, 40% of cases of male infertility due to varicocele disease!
What occurs pathology?
Varicose veins in testicle in men can be caused by the following factors:
- overly intense and frequent physical exercise.
- problems with defecation;
- disorders in the gastrointestinal tract;
- lifting weights;
- lack of regular sexual life;
- thrombosis of the renal veins;
- neoplastic growths of benign or malignant origin, localized in the region of the kidneys;
- disorder in the work of the venous valves of the spermatic cord;
- weakness of the venous walls;
- congenital abnormalities;
- genetic predisposition;
- excessive tension of the abdominal muscle groups;
- inguinal hernia;
- pathological changes in tissue structures of the testes and the pelvic organs;
- a sedentary lifestyle;
- the inflammatory processes occurring in chronic form;
- improper diet;
- the abuse of alcoholic beverages.
Important! The main cause of varicocele disease is valvular insufficiency of the veins of the testicle, which may be both congenital and acquired character!
How is the pathology?
Experts distinguish several stages of development of varicocele. Each has its own specific characteristics:
- The first stage is asymptomatic, practically does not prove itself.
- The second stage is characterized by low venous expansion in the area of the penis and testicles. Perhaps the appearance of pain in the scrotum, genitals and lower abdomen.
- For the third stage of development of the pathological process characteristic is visible to the naked eye increased venous obstruction of the processes of urination and pronounced pain syndrome.
- Varicocele on the fourth stage is accompanied by a decrease in testicular size. Scrotum, on the contrary, increases several times. Patient plagued by constant severe pain.
Please note: the varicose testicular veins — a serious disease requiring long-term proper treatment. Therefore, the appearance of the first suspicious signs, contact a specialist!
Symptoms of varicose veins of small pelvis in men
The brightness of the clinical manifestations of varicocele depends on the stage of the pathological process.
According to experts, this disease is characterized by the following signs:
- pain in the scrotum;
- burning sensation, localized in eggs;
- atrophic changes in the testes;
- of erectile dysfunction;
- the difficulty of the process of urination;
- problems with natural conception;
- tumor a tumor localized in Moshkovo region.
Consequences of varicose veins of small pelvis in men
Varicose veins in testicles is one of the most common causes of infertility in men. The fact that this pathology not only affects the quantitative and qualitative parameters of ejaculate, but also negatively affects the mobility of sex cells, which significantly reduces the chances of successful fertilization of the egg. There was also an increase in the number of defective sperm.
On the processes producing the seminal fluid has a negative impact and increase temperature in the testicles that is characteristic of this disease.
Note: to restore the reproductive health of a patient diagnosed with a varicocele can in a timely manner beginning competent, adequate treatment!
How dangerous pathology?
In addition to problems with the onset of natural conception in patients suffering from varicocele, according to doctors, there is a high possibility of the following undesirable events:
- coronary artery disease in the testicles;
- testicular atrophy;
- disorders of a sexual nature;
- breaks venous nodes;
- hematoma in the scrotum.
Please note: to prevent adverse consequences of this disease and to reduce possible risks to minimum performance will help a timely appeal to the specialist and strict compliance with medical recommendations regarding treatment of varicocele!
How to diagnose
When the diagnosis of a varicocele, a thorough examination of the patient, method of palpation. Specialist studies the clinical picture and analyses the patient’s complaints.
However, for accurate diagnosis the patient is assigned to the following diagnostic tests:
- Semen analysis — to evaluate quantitative and qualitative parameters of the ejaculate.
- Ultrasound eggs.
- Thermography a method of detecting increased temperature of the testicles with varicose veins.
- Venography is the most informative methodology based on the introduction into the area of vessels specific contrast agents, which allows to evaluate venous condition.
- Rheography is a method of studying blood flow in the body.
It is important! Only after a comprehensive diagnosis, the doctor can make an accurate diagnosis, set the stage of the pathological process and determine the best, most effective way of dealing with this disease!
The treatment of varicose veins of small pelvis in men
In most cases, the representatives of the stronger sex with this pathology is recommended surgical intervention. Methods of conservative therapy can be quite effective in the early stages of the pathological process, in the absence of related complications.
However, there are contraindications for surgical treatment. In particular, doctors do not recommend surgery in the following cases:
- age category of patient older than 60 years;
- diabetes mellitus and other diseases endocrine system;
- reduced blood clotting;
- ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract;
- the weakening of the immune system.
Important! Make the decision on expediency of surgical intervention in a particular case should only be the attending physician, based on specific clinical indications!
Conservative therapy in the suppression of varicocele involves the following methods:
- Massage the area of the testicles — helps to normalize the blood circulation and to prevent reverse flow of venous blood. The procedure gives a particularly good result on the first and second stages of the pathological process.
- Physiotherapy. Specially developed complex of exercises allows you to strengthen the outflow of venous blood from the affected testicle.
- Drug therapy is aimed at addressing the characteristic clinical symptoms of varicocele. For these purposes, patients are administered drugs wintoncester, anti-inflammatory and analgesic in nature.
Methods of sclerotherapy and embolization are also relevant to non-surgical techniques to combat varicocele:
- The method of sclerotherapy is based on the introduction in the area of testicular vein with special substances to enhance the process of outflow of blood from the region of the patient’s testicle.
- Embolization is characterized by the introduction into the area of the affected vein special spirals that prevent its further expansion.
Please note: the above-described methods have a low degree of trauma, maloinvazivnogo and executed under the influence of local anesthesia.
When surgery is needed?
Among the main indications for treatment of varicocele by surgery doctor are the following factors:
- permanent, intolerable severe pain;
- problems with natural conception;
- testicular atrophy;
- high risk of infertility;
Methods of surgical treatment
For a successful fight against testicular varicose veins in men surgeons use modern techniques:
- The removal of the affected vessel. This procedure eliminates back flow of venous blood and normalizes blood circulation in the region of the testicle. This method has a low degree of trauma and financial inclusion, but its disadvantages include the relatively high likelihood of relapse.
- Removal of the affected area, followed by vascular plastics, which contributes to the full restoration of its functions. This technique in no time stabilizes the process of circulation in a region of the patient’s egg, with no risk of recurrence or development of complications postoperation.
The average duration of the recovery period can be from 1 to 2 months. At this time the patient needs to take anti-inflammatory drugs and wear a special support bandage. Temporarily should refrain from sexual intercourse, heavy lifting, excessive physical exertion!
Funds from the box of traditional medicine can be used to facilitate the patient with the disease varicocele, but only as one of the constituent elements of the complex therapy recommended by doctors.
Popular folk remedy, earning a large number of positive reviews the following:
- Apple tincture. In order to prepare this medication, you need to peel and chop 3 apples of medium size, pour them with boiling water and left to stand for about 3 hours. Then Apple infusion to cool and strain. Drink Apple cider cure recommended on an empty stomach, a tablespoon in the morning and evening.
- Wormwood compresses. Spoon wormwood need to connect with the same amount of sour cream. Then the mixture was applied on a clean gauze cloth and apply to the region of the patient’s testicle. To make such compresses are recommended for 5 days.
Important! Before using popular recipes be sure to consult with your doctor!
To avoid varicose veins of the pelvis of the stronger sex will help the following recommendations:
- lead active lifestyle;
- timely treat constipation;
- avoid Smoking and excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages;
- engage in regular sex life;
- correctly and balanced meals;
- take special vitamin-mineral complexes, designed for men.
Varicose veins of small pelvis in men is a serious pathology, fraught with reproductive disorders, and even complete infertility. Disease affecting veins of the spermatic cord — varicocele, treated mainly by surgery. A healthy lifestyle and attention to their own health will let men avoid such problems!
Becic, Julia, doctor, medical commentator