Inguinal-scrotal hernia — pathology surgical in nature, manifested by a loss bodies, localized in the abdominal cavity in the scrotum. This disease occurs exclusively for men. According to the established international classification of diseases, hernia is code for, ICD-10 − 140 and belongs to the category of pathologies of the digestive organs.
The disease can be congenital or acquired in nature. According to statistics, 80% of clinical cases, the disease appears due to the improper development of the embryo. Congenital hernia is often found in young patients born prematurely born.
Another reason — irregularities in the testicles in the fetus. According to the normal values after the omission of the testicles occurs closing the channel conducting the testicles. However, in disorders of the channel remains open, which causes the formation of hernial education.
Acquired hernia can be triggered by the following factors:
- 1Increased intra-abdominal pressure.
- 2a genetic predisposition.
- 3the Weakening of muscle groups and ligaments in the hip joint area.
- 4Diseases in which constantly want to cough or sneeze, which causes increased intra-abdominal pressure.
- 5Obesity, contributing to the formation of the gland, ejection of internal organs in the groin area.
- 6Lack of physical stress on the body, a sedentary lifestyle, leading to weakening of the muscular corset that provides support for internal organs in the proper tone.
- 7Frequent chronic constipation, problems with a chair.
- 8Excessively hard physical labor, heavy lifting.
- 9Hepatic pathology that provokes the accumulation of fluid in the abdominal cavity and the protrusion of organs in the scrotum.
- 10Intestinal obstruction.
- 11Some diseases are neurological in nature.
- 12congestion in the pelvic area.
You should take into account the age category. The age of men, which is the most frequently diagnosed pathology exceeds 55-60 years.
In young patients to trigger the development of hernial protrusion can permanent cough syndrome, often hysterical crying, flatulence.
The pathological process develops gradually, which greatly complicates the diagnosis and subsequent treatment. Doctors distinguish the clinical symptoms characteristic of this pathology is:
- 1Increased size of the scrotum.
- 2the formation of the protrusions.
- 3the Asymmetry of the skin of the scrotum.
- 4severe pain.
- 5Painful sensations localized in the region of the lumbar spine.
- 6General debility, lethargy, fatigue.
- 7discomfort while walking or after prolonged sitting.
- 8burning Sensation in the urethra.
- 9the increase in the inguinal lymph nodes.
- 10Disorder of the processes of urination (more frequent urge to empty the bladder or, conversely, urinary retention).
- 11reddening of the skin.
- 12Violation of erectile function.
- 13Decrease sexual desire.
Patients suffering from pathological data by education, is prone to severe pain in the hernial SAC and the abdomen. While unpleasant sensations have a clear tendency to increase during exercise, active movements, pressing on the hernial tumour itself. However, in the absence of infringement of hernia the pathological process for a long period of time can occur virtually painlessly.
Clinical manifestations of entrapped hernia is more pronounced and manifest themselves in the following way:
- 1change the color of the skin in the region of the protrusions (acquisition of bluish, purple hues).
- 2Flatulence, bloating.
- 3Permanent lack of appetite.
- 4Nausea and vomiting.
- 6Painful and difficult urination.
Often a pinched hernia is accompanied by constipation, which is dangerous to the occurrence of the infringement of the intestinal loop. In this case, the patient has acute symptoms such as profuse vomiting, belching, heartburn, bloating.
In such situations, the consequences can be dire, so you should urgently seek medical help.
Inguinal and scrotal hernia in men is diagnosed by a specialist during examination of the patient, study the clinical picture and results of the collected anamnesis (medical history).
Pathology will be determined by the characteristic specific to the protrusion of the peritoneum, which may become less pronounced in the supine position.
As additional signs confirming the diagnosis, are: thickening of the spermatic cord, the positive symptom cough the push and the extension of the inguinal ring.
But in some cases to clarify the diagnosis, determine the stage of the pathological process and the optimal method of treatment the patient may be recommended following diagnostic procedures:
- Ultrasound of the scrotum, pelvic, and abdominal cavity;
- contrast x-ray study;
- taking puncture of hernia SAC.
These procedures allow to determine the type of the hernia of education and to develop therapeutic course, the best and most effective for each patient.
If you suspect the accession of accompanying complications may be required to conduct laboratory studies of blood and urine of the patient.
According to the established classification, inguinal-scrotal hernia are classified according to several criteria.
On the severity of the pathological process:
Type of development:
Depending on the stage of development:
- inguinal channel;
- full oblique hernial education.
- giant hernia.
Also divided into congenital and acquired.
Inguinal hernia. What it is
Inguinal—scrotal hernia in men and boys
If the infringement of hernial protrusions in the inguinal-scrotal region is a high possibility that these adverse complications:
- necrotic pinched internal organs;
- irregularities in functioning of the gastrointestinal tract;
- intestinal obstruction;
- inflammatory processes in the region of the Appendix.
These effects can cause the death of the patient, and therefore require the provision of timely medical aid in stationary conditions.
Mostly used operative intervention.
Treatment without surgery
Hernia of the scrotum without prejudice in the initial stages of development of pathological process lends itself to methods of conservative treatment. Patient assigned to physical therapy exercises at the gym that strengthen the abdominals.
To eliminate the painful symptoms and prevent possible complications prescribers. Drug therapy for the hernia includes the use of anti-inflammatory, analgesic, detoxifying, antibacterial drugs.
All drugs have their contraindications and limitations, so choose them all to determine the optimal dosage, the duration of the therapeutic course should only doctor on an individual basis.
Conservative therapy for inguinal-scrotal hernias in the first place involves wearing a brace. The device resembles a men’s swimming trunks, made of special elastic material, tightly attached to the body, keeping the tone and strengthen local muscle groups, to prevent displacement of internal organs.
Folk remedies in the fight against hernias inguinal-scrotal are used only as part of comprehensive therapy. Effective in the early stages of the disease the recipes of traditional medicine:
- 1Wrap with honey and aloe juice. The ingredients combine in equal proportions. After that, gauze fabric, pre-treated with alcohol, smeared with the mix and apply a compress to the affected area, wrapping a warm cloth. The exposure time is 1 hour.
- 2Tincture of cinquefoil. Ingested 3 times during the day.
- 3Herbal salve. You should combine equal proportions of comfrey and pine resin. Apply the ointment on the area of the scrotum and wash off after 30 minutes.
All traditional recipes have a number of contraindications, so their use should be agreed with your doctor.
The most effective method of dealing with the hernia, located in inguinal-scrotal region, is considered the surgical treatment. Most transactions take place under the influence of local anesthesia. The surgeon makes a small incision in the groin, gaining access to graziosa bag.
Then, a reduction of internal organs and inguinal hernia repair to prevent possible complications. The whole procedure lasts no more than an hour (in the absence of revealing of the accompanying complications).
The rehabilitation period
Rehabilitation after hernia surgery is about a month, although the sutures are removed already in 1-1,5 weeks. To accelerate rehabilitation and prevent unpleasant consequences will allow compliance with the recommendations of the experts, including:
- course antibioticbuy therapy;
- the rejection of increased physical activity and weight lifting;
- wearing elastic bandages that will support the scrotum and its rapid recovery;
- adherence to the protein diet.
The patient can walk after only a few days after surgery. However, compliance with the above instructions will allow to consolidate the results of surgery, to avoid possible postoperative complications and recurrence of the disease.
Prevention includes the following:
- 1Regular preventive examinations by a specialist (at least two times per year).
- 2access to a doctor at the first disturbing symptoms.
- 3Feasible physical activity.
- 4Warning to improve the performance of intra-abdominal pressure (treatment of diseases that provoke this factor).
Inguinal-scrotal hernia in children
This pathology in children is manifested in the first years of life. In young patients the symptoms more pronounced and the pathological processes developing faster than in adults. Therefore, with timely treatment to a specialist disease is easily treatable and has a favorable medical prognosis.