Today, the treatment by many drugs antibacterial action has not provided the desired effect. Many species of bacteria show resistance (resistance) to the components included in the composition. This leads to the fact that the dose is increased or prolonged therapeutic course. However, there are aminopenicillin group of medicines to which resistance is developing in microorganisms is very slow. This group includes Amoxiclav — medication, insensitivity which exhibits only 1% of known bacteria.
Use Amoxiclav has a number of advantages over drugs of similar action:
- available in several forms, allowing you to choose more suitable for the body;
- the drug is sold at an affordable price;
- possesses a high and stable bioavailability (more than 50 %);
- can be used as before meal or after a meal;
- Amoxiclav possesses not only bactericidal action, but also has a bacteriostatic effect. Because of this, it is not only the elimination of pathogenic microorganisms, but stops them from multiplying.
The use of cystitis, urethritis and pyelonephritis
The most effective in the treatment of cystitis, pyelonephritis and urethritis is antibiotic therapy. The dosage is selected in accordance with the type, form and dynamics of the pathology.
Drug Amoxiclav cystitis is highly effective. This is possible due to the fact that the drug is active against gram-positive bacteria that cause inflammation of the bladder. Bactericidal action of the drug also covers streptococci, Bordetella, Salmonella, Listeria and tapeworm.
Aminopenicilline widely used for the treatment of disease. Amoxiclav provides a good therapeutic effect in the enterococci and E. coli. When inflammation of the kidneys in the initial stage it is possible to treat pills.
Quality treatment of pyelonephritis with Amoksiklava possible due to the high antibiotic properties. In addition, the drug is characterized by minimum nephrotoxicity, which affects the kidney condition. The treatment of the inflammatory process in the kidneys and bladder must be accompanied by a rapid excretion of the drug. Amoxiclav has such a property and in high concentration leaves the body along with urine.
Amoxiclav helps to get rid of urethritis, because it is able to destroy pathogenic microorganisms that cause inflammation of the urethra. Important in the treatment of urethral is the fact that the drug is active against a broad spectrum of microorganisms. Quite often, urethritis is accompanied by infections of the genital tract, so the ability Amoxiclav to influence various microorganisms allows to avoid additional treatment.
How quickly begins to act the drug
Amoxiclav is well absorbed and belongs to the drug quick action. Its maximum concentration in the body is observed after 60 minutes after penetration into the bloodstream.
At a time when it is assumed the maximum blood saturation of active substances, it is recommended to monitor the emergence of adverse effects. This will determine the body’s response to received dose.
Produced form the main components
Today the product is available in the following dosage forms:
- pills in plastic shell (250, 500, 875 mg);
- powder for preparation of oral suspension 5 ml (250 and 400 mg);
- soluble powder for intravenous injection (500 and 1000 mg).
Any form of drug as active substances contains:
- Amoxicillin is included in the who list of essential drugs available;
- Klavulanova acid, which contributes to the destruction of microorganisms.
Cannot be prescribed to patients with:
- hypersensitivity to any component of the composition;
- high sensitivity to penicillin and the other beta-lactam antibiotics;
- lymphocytic leukemia;
- the liver, whose appearance was provoked by clavulanic acid or amoxicillin;
- infectious mononucleosis.
It is advisable to use Amoxiclav for the treatment of infections provoked by sensitive microorganisms:
- the urinary tract (pyelonephritis and urethritis);
- diseases gynecological in nature;
- lesions of the skin and soft tissues;
- bites humans and animals;
- the upper and lower respiratory tract (bronchitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis, pneumonia, chronic otitis, pharyngitis);
- biliary tract;
- connective tissue and bones.
Intravenous solution Amoxiclav is indicated for therapy of:
- infection of the abdominal cavity;
- transmitted infections during unprotected sexual contact;
- to prevent infection after surgery.
With a light and middle course of the disease are usually prescribed tablets 250 mg (1 every 8 hours). Infection flowing hard, making treated with 500 mg of drug every 12 hours.
- of body weight;
- the stage of the disease;
- the General condition of the body;
- the functioning of the kidneys.
The daily rate for Amoksiklav adult — 625 mg. Dose should be divided into 2 doses. The average duration of the therapeutic course is 3 days.
A longer period of therapy may be prescribed if the patient is at risk for diseases and traits, which include:
- elevated sugar levels in the blood;
- male cystitis, occur in the acute form;
- elderly age (over 65 years);
- metabolic disorders;
- acute pathologies.
During therapy should be excluded sex and physical activity. In some cases appropriate for the appointment of a special diet.
Treatment of inflammation of the kidneys
Pyelonephritis is treated not less than 7 days. The lack of long-term therapy there is a risk to leave untreated pathology. In some cases, the course is extended to 14 days, however it should be decided by the attending physician based on test results and General condition of the body (especially the kidneys) of the patient.
Treatment of urethritis
If urethritis cannot be used Amoxiclav for more than 14 days. The dose is prescribed individually and can not be the same even for sexual partners.
The resulting overdose involves symptomatic treatment. The patient should be under medical supervision. If the last use of drugs occurred no later than 4 hours ago, it is advisable to make a gastric lavage and take activated charcoal (reduces the absorption).
Treatment Amoksiklava may be accompanied by undesirable side reactions from different systems of the body.
- digestive system often reacts following manifestations: epigastric pain, impaired liver function, hepatitis, loss of appetite, gastritis, stomatitis, darkening of the enamel of the teeth, stomatitis, cholestatic jaundice, hemorrhagic colitis, glossitis. In the elderly (usually male) as a result of long-term therapy may be liver failure.
- from the Central nervous system may cause convulsions, dizziness, insomnia, anxiety, headaches. Most often such symptoms are observed in people with impaired renal function.
- from the urinary system observed hematuria, inflammation of the interstitial tissue and tubules of the kidney, crystalluria;
- allergic reactions manifest as hives, itching, angioedema, anaphylactic shock, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis, allergic vasculitis, erythema multiforme exudative.
Active components of the drug tend to penetrate into breast milk in small amounts. In the breastfeeding period is recommended to suspend the treatment Amoksiklava.
Most often therapy is required Amoksiklava children experiencing angina. The medicine prevents the spread of disease caused by the Streptococcus. The maximum allowable daily dose — 45 mg per 1 kg of body weight. Young children antibiotic giving to drink as a suspension. The older child (12 years old) was prescribed 40 mg per 1 kg of body weight. If a child’s weight is more than 40 kg, the daily dose is calculated as for an adult.
Dosage for children should not count on their own. The allowable amount of antibiotics should count the doctor who ordered the treatment.
Like any other antibiotic, Amoxiclav forbidden to mix with beverages containing alcohol.
Strong drinks is able to minimize the therapeutic effect of the drug, but the outcome is still not the worst. Mixed with with amoxicillin and clavulanic acid alcohol several times increases the risk of unwanted side effects.
The increased load on the liver and kidneys, forced to not only get rid of the decay products of drugs, but also from the remnants of alcohol. The use of alcoholic beverages we recommend that you wait until after the full treatment course.