Urinary system, along with cardiovascular, respiratory and nervous is the basis of the functioning of the body.
- the urethra.
In any of these components may occur a problem such as stone formation. In folk medicine, many recipes for the treatment of diseases of the kidneys and urinary tract, but one of the Central positions is occupied by soda and kidney stones. In medical terms this pathology is called urolithiasis.
The mechanism and causes of urolithiasis
In spite of enough prevalence, the mechanisms of its development are still fully unclear.
There are many theories on this.
- Genetic predisposition is one of the fundamental factors. It is known that even in the presence of other adverse conditions, in the absence of a family history of heredity, the disease often does not develop. At the same time if all the rules of prevention in individuals with a predisposition to kidney stones in most cases are not formed.
- Urinary tract infections induce the development of inflammatory processes. Proven a direct correlation between the presence of inflammation and the detection of stones in the urinary system. There is and feedback – stone formation contributes to inflammation.
- The stagnation of urine in the first place may be due to mechanical compression of any part of the urinary tract. For example, this can occur during pregnancy. Also there is stagnation in certain irregularities in the nervous regulation and taking certain medicines.
- Mechanical damage to the lumbar region are often accompanied by a violation of functional activity in the kidney, patency of the urinary tract, which in turn leads to an increased risk of stone formation.
- Hereditary or acquired pathology of the metabolism mineral, energy, water distribution in the body. This also includes disorders of acid-base balance.
In some cases with urolithiasis shown soda?
One of the most common options for non-pharmacological treatment kidney stones and urinary tract is the ingestion of baking soda. The therapeutic effect of the technique is based on the fact that soda has strong alkalizing properties gradually dissolves stones and helps remove them.
Here it is worth mentioning that the composition of the stones can be very variable. Therapy, depending on this there is different.
In medicine there are the following types of stones:
Due to its premenopauznogo actions, soda urolithiasis may be indicated only in certain cases. The specialists who recommend the soda treatment, prescribe its use with the occurrence of urate stones. After all, they appear exactly as a result of increased acidity of urine. The leading causes of this disease is a genetic predisposition and gout. Therapy of urolithiasis in the presence of urate stones is relatively favorable, due to their ability to dissolve with the shift of the reaction environment in alkaline, and is based on what the favorable effect of the use of baking soda.
The scheme of treatment of kidney stones soda
In folk medicine, upon detection of urate prescribe the following recipe: dissolve the baking soda in very warm water, ingest 1-2 teaspoon half an hour before meals twice a day. In the beginning of the course it is recommended to drink half or even one third of a teaspoon, gradually increasing the dosage. Along with this should take antispasmodic in the specified in the instruction dosage. But-shpa, for example, prescribed: 1 tablet two times a day.
If the soda treatment leads to a positive dynamics, and the survey shows the dissolution of stones, the remaining elements and sand suggest output using broth of potatoes.
The recipe is the following:
- Thoroughly wash 1 kg of potatoes.
- Put in a saucepan and pour 6 liters of water.
- Cook in uniform on a slow fire for 4 hours.
- Immediately after cooking crush the potatoes with the peel and leave to settle.
- To separate clear layer on top of the broth through the tube from the sediment.
- The resulting broth (4-4,5 liters) to store in the fridge.
- Take on an empty stomach and 30 minutes before meals 3 times a day 2 tablespoons.
- The course lasts 40 days.
Thus, combined treatment with baking soda and potato can contribute to a favorable outcome of kidney stones. There are many popular recipes that is shown when a problem like kidney stones, using juniper, swamp couch grass, horsetail, bilberry, cranberry, sage. But in any case should not be to take preventive measures, and especially therapy with baking soda or herbs without prior consultation with a certified specialist.
Precautions in the use of baking soda
Alkalizing action of sodium carbonate is highly expressed, which may lead to negative consequences in overdose, or uncontrolled intake of soda. The fact that the ranges of pH (hydrogen ion exponent of the environment) permitted in body fluids are very limited. So, in the blood, it needs to be at the level of 7.4. When you reject a pH of at least zero point four-tenths in any direction changes, incompatible with life.
In the case of a liquid, like urine, the range is more variable and can range from 5 to 7 is normal. Persistent deviation to the acidic (pH 7) direction while not causing sudden death, but is the alarm bell and must search for the causes. After all, any disease is easier to win at an early stage.
Not recommended treatment baking soda in the presence of the following comorbidities:
- low stomach acidity complications – constipation, gastric or intestinal obstruction, acute inflammatory processes in the body;
- peptic ulcer disease, especially during exacerbation, as it is fraught with risk of internal bleeding;
- of diabetes;
- Oncology – however, some authors have used baking soda in the treatment of malignant tumors.
In the treatment with soda is very important to monitor the condition of the body, in particular, to control the pH of urine. So how strong her alkalization, interestingly, instead of urate stones may lead to formation of calcium phosphate calculi, which is no less serious health problem in the urinary system. For the kidneys in the presence of severe failure is also fraught with the swelling and fluid retention.
Soda has an effect on the cardiovascular system. So, their uncontrolled use can cause hypernatremia (high content of Na in the blood), increasing pressure and even heart failure. Therefore, the use of baking soda as a medicine, be sure to coordinate with your doctor.