Uroseptic cystitis is a group of drugs, which destroys pathogens and disease. Cystitis is a common urinary tract diseases that is caused by a number of infectious pathogens.
Mostly this disease affects women have short urinary canal infection is rising rapidly in the bladder, resulting in inflamed body wall and growing characteristic symptoms:
- frequent urge to urinate;
- pain and cramps during urination;
- pain in the abdomen, near the anus and the external genital organs;
- the urine may become turbid, mixed with pus and blood;
- symptoms of intoxication: weakness, chills, fever, lack of appetite, etc.
Cystitis occurs in several forms. In the acute form the symptoms are pronounced, with proper and adequate treatment of the disease can be cured quickly and without consequences.
The chronic form is manifested by relapses that occur under adverse conditions:
- with hypothermia;
- after influenza and SARS;
- as a complication of urolithiasis, diabetes mellitus, pyelonephritis and other kidney conditions.
Treatment of cystitis is engaged in the doctor-urologist.
What is uroseptic?
Uroseptic must meet 2 prerequisites:
- In oral administration to accumulate in the kidneys and excreted from the body with urine.
- By the time of excretion of the active substance must not lose its antimicrobial properties, i.e. the drugs should not undergo metabolism inside the body.
Currently, all of uroseptic are divided into two groups — chemical and natural (vegetable) origin. They can be administered as separate preparations and in the treatment of cystitis.
The functions of uroseptic?
Uroseptic perform the following functions:
- Destroy pathogens of cystitis.
- Prevent the spread of infection to adjacent tissues and organs, reduce the risk of developing complications of the disease.
- Are prophylaxis against recurrent cystitis.
When choosing uroseptic the doctor takes into account the individual characteristics of the patient, his medical history, the form of the disease, the type of pathogen, which caused the development of cystitis and its sensitivity to the drug. The treatment also is determined individually and range from 5 to 14 days.
Selection criteria uroseptic
Less frequently the disease is provoked Klebsiella, Proteus, Bacillus blue-green pus, Staphylococcus aureus. In advanced cases of cystitis is the causative agent may be mixed microflora, consisting of several types of infectious agents.
Selection of effective uroseptic is based upon bacterial culture of urine, where stands out the causative agent and define its sensitivity to a particular drug.
The second criterion of choice of the drug — pH of urine, which is determined in the General clinical analysis. Not all of uroseptic equally effective in an acidic environment.
Uroseptic of chemical origin
Synthetic uroseptic its derivatives are divided into 3 main groups:
- Nitrofurans. These include Furazolidone, Furagin, Furadonin, Furatsilin. According to the degree of activity and the effectiveness of nitrofurans inferior to antibiotics, but they have been successfully used for the treatment of cystitis for several decades. This is because drugs are not addictive.Nitrofurans violate the physiological process of respiration in bacterial cells, causing their mass death. They are active against gram-negative and gram-positive microflora, fungi of the genus Candida and some anaerobes. Drugs in this group do not accumulate in the blood, kidneys and liver, the maximum concentration is in the urine. Most often, cystitis is discharged and Furagin Furadonin. Nitrofurans can cause allergic reactions, disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, changes in the blood formula. They are contraindicated in severe lesions of the liver and kidneys, pregnancy and breastfeeding are prescribed to children from 3 years.
- Okshihinolina. The drugs which are hydroxyquinoline derivatives. The most famous of them — Nitroksolin, Chinosol, Enteroseptol, oxolinic Acid. Oxichinolina effectively act on gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms, including strains resistant to antibiotics and sulfonamides. Cystitis are appointed, mainly, Nitroksolin and Acid oksolinova. They are practically in unchanged form excreted in the urine, destroying the infection in the bladder.
- Chinolone and fluoroquinolones. Hinolonami called preparations of the first generation — Nalidixic acid, Papin, Pimidel, Blacks. The second generation is called fluoroquinolones. Treat him — Norfloxacin (Nolicin), Ofloxacin, Ciprofloxacin.
As uroseptic used Nolicin that reaches higher concentrations in the urine.
In modern urology, he is a drug number 1 in the treatment of cystitis, due to a number of advantages over other drugs, including antibiotics:
- it has a wide spectrum of action;
- it penetrates the tissues;
- has a long period of withdrawal from the body, which provides postantibioticski effect;
- rapidly absorbed by the walls of the small intestine.
Unique bactericidal action of the drug relieves the painful symptoms of cystitis, starting with the first dose.
To plant uroseptic are pharmaceuticals based on herbal raw material and medicinal herbs with a pronounced uroseptic effect.
- The kanefron. Available in the form of tablets. This herbal drug, which consists exclusively of vegetable raw materials. It includes: grass centaury, lovage root, rosemary leaves, and additional substances. The kanefron has the ability to enhance the action of antibiotics. It is prescribed with caution during pregnancy. The drug is contraindicated in heart failure, aggravation of ulcers, kidney and liver failure. Children it can be used from 6 years.
- Urolesan. Liquid drug, comprising extracts of hop cones, carrot seed, marjoram, essential oils of fir and mint, castor oil. The drug has the property to relieve inflammatory processes in the bladder and a pronounced antimicrobial action. Acts as a mild sedative, relieves pain and burning sensation. Enters the bloodstream in 20 minutes after ingestion.
- Bearberry leaves. Natural uroseptic. Effective in inflammatory processes in the urinary bladder, has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial activity. The leaves are used as a standalone drug and in the composition of herbal.
- The leaves and berries cranberries. Broths based on them have disinfectant and diuretic. Since cranberries have a choleretic action, it is prescribed with caution in liver diseases, stones in the gallbladder dyskinesia and biliary tract.
- Cranberry. A powerful natural uroseptic. Especially effective with chronic cystitis. Reduces inflammation and has antimicrobial and diuretic action. Due to this infection not only destroyed, but also washed out of the bladder. Cranberry increases the acidity of urine, increasing the effect of other antimicrobial agents.
Uroseptic for children
If symptoms of cystitis in a child slightly pronounced, in therapy, you can do urocoptidae of plant origin. They do not have a negative impact on the child’s body.
Well established new generation of drug — Kanefron N, which is prescribed to children from the neonatal period. Infants give the drug with milk 10 drops 3 times a day. Children under the age of 12 years: 20-25 drops 3 times a day. The kanefron H is absolutely safe and has no significant side effects. You can give the child a decoction of the berries of a cowberry and bearberry leaves.