Varieties of diseases and parasites
Medicine highlights a number of diseases, diagnosis of which indicates subcutaneous worms in humans.
1. Cysticercosis. Pathogens are the larvae of the pork tapeworm. The body most likely to be with unboiled water or food. These worms are localized in the internal organs, eyes, brain, muscles and under the skin (see them on the shoulders, hands, chest). To dwell in such parasites in man may years, under the epidermis are formed by the thickening and swelling, which will eventually thicken. Diagnosis a bit easier hives, constantly manifested by lesions on the skin.
2. Schistosomiasis. The disease is provoked by helminths inhabiting the waters of Africa and Asia. Worms striking the genitourinary system and skin. Consider the main symptoms of itching, rash, dermatitis, excessive sweating at night, kidney damage, enlarged liver.
3. Filariasis. This is a threadlike nematode living in South America, Asia and Africa. Spreading their blood-sucking insects. The disease develops very long (up to seven years), but causes a number of pathologies of the skin: ulcers, eczema, knots, papules, rash. If people do not pay attention to the constant headaches, drowsiness, sleep disturbances and General weakness – may develop complications such as arthritis, glaucoma, cataracts.
4. Scabies. The itch mite even half a century ago were quite common. He settled in the deeper layers of the epithelium, feeding on them and laying eggs there. The female parasite lives about two months, but manages to defer under the skin a few dozen eggs. Tick breaks the moves in the epithelium, and this causes severe itching. Locations – bends on the body, sides of hips, Breasts, armpits, genitals and hair. Human skin is covered with a vesicular rash, pimples, boils arise and other complications.
5. Dirofilaria. Parasites, which may exist not only subcutaneously, but also hit the eyeball. Females of these worms reach a length of 30 cm, and males – to 10. Carriers of worms of this species are dogs and cats, and their bite, mosquitoes carry the larvae of microfilaria to person. On the development of adults in the body may be required. According to statistics, a large part of the removal of the eyeball is diagnosed dirofilaria, after total visual impairment, including blindness. Develop under the skin of the seal, which itch, redden, can reach the size of eggs. In them is the adult worm.
6. Dracunculiasis (Guinea-worm disease worm). This is the round worms, reaching a length of up to 120 inches. More common in countries with tropical climate. But the man also strike cats and dogs. Get them, you can, using unboiled water, swimming in contaminated waters. Once in the body as a larva, the worm reaches adulthood only after a year of residence in man. Suffer this disease most often the legs: they are susceptible to such complications as the development of contractures, inflammation of the joints. In addition, the presence of the worm Guinea worm inside can lead to gangrene and blood poisoning.
7. Hookworm disease. Live worms of the pathogen in areas with tropical and subtropical climate. Hookworm is embedded under the human skin through the slightest break in the skin (often the feet), there to parasitize. The disease manifests itself with symptoms such as itching of the fittest, sometimes there is a cough, anemia, there are signs of damage to internal organs.
8. Demodicosis. This is one of the most common dermatological ailments. It occurs subcutaneously due to the penetration of the tick-pathogen. It neglinenskaya disease, but the pest also lives in the layers of the epidermis (in the meibomian ducts and sebaceous glands). Symptoms of parasites: a rich, pronounced acne on the face, in the cheeks, forehead and around the eyes, sometimes there is loss of eyelashes.
Unfortunately, parasites can live and eat not only in the internal organs of man, but to be introduced under the skin. This causes a number of diseases with specific characteristics. It is important to diagnose the cause of unpleasant symptoms and begin treatment before parasitic worms cause great damage to the body. The majority of parasites living under the skin may be infected only in the tropical latitudes: swimming in a stagnant pond, drinking unboiled water, or becoming the victim of a blood-sucking insect. But some individuals “hooked” to your body and not having to leave home.
Diagnosis, symptoms and signs
In cases of suspected subcutaneous worms and parasites as soon as possible to go to the doctor, because some individuals before the “good news” symptoms live in humans for several years. Therefore, at the time of detecting the parasites have time to cause damage to health.
Because the clinical picture of the worms and other inhabitants of the subcutaneous rather ambiguous and manifested multiple symptoms individually, then a clear list of symptoms, as a rule, no. There are a number of indicators that may indicate subcutaneous parasites: constant itching, skin irritation, seals of different sizes, rash, small bubbles on the surface of the epithelium, indirectly, sleep disturbances, fatigue.
To find out the etiology of such manifestations and to exclude worm infestation, you need to visit a number of specialists, among them:
- the allergist;
- infectious disease;
- psychologist (if the previous experts have not found abnormalities in their profile).
Diagnostics is carried out in several ways, depending on the symptoms:
- a blood test for antigens;
- the study sample epidermis;
- the capture of secret;
These indicators are able to detect the presence or absence of parasites in the skin in humans.
Traditional methods of pest control
Treatment depends on the type of parasitic worm. In each individual case we select appropriate therapy, taking into account the age and stage of neglect of the problem.
Most of the medication is quite toxic not only for the worm, but also to the human body.
- when filariose treatment with Ditrina;
- getting rid of Guinea worm disease is possible only by surgery;
- itch parasite effectively expels hydrochloric acid and sulfur soap;
- when schistosomiasis will help the preparation of antimony;
- in the treatment of hookworm used Nattamon;
- when cysticercosis apply Praziquantel and surgery;
- from the body eliminates demodectic mange Ivermectin, cosmetic line on care of a skin of the face (a special soap for washing, a cream).
Along with conventional medication, the patient need to tighten hygiene, carefully monitor the purity of the body, rooms, clothes, avoid unnecessary contact with people. In some cases, you will need dietary food, cosmetic products for skin care.
Prevention of subcutaneous worms
With parasitic infestation need to be very careful, because the parasites settle in the body, simply, and for correct diagnosis and cure may be required.
In order to minimize the risk of infection with worms subcutaneously, doctors recommend to remember following rules:
1. before travelling to countries with tropical climates need to be vaccinated;
2. to always observe the rules of hygiene: wash hands after contact with a large number of people, money, after visiting the toilet, before eating;
3. women should not use someone else’s makeup, because a high risk to bring itself to the skin of the larvae of the parasite (or mite);
4. fruits and vegetables before eating should be washed thoroughly, and pour over boiling water better, subjected to prolonged thermal exposure of the meat, to boil water for drinking;
5. carefully treated with antiseptics any damage to the skin, especially in the tropics.
6. do not swim in a dirty and questionable waters.
If the parasites are lodged under the skin is about early access to a doctor or dermatologist. He will be able to determine the type of worm and to appoint adequate treatment. In most cases the patient is waiting for conservative therapy, including anthelminthic drugs and other means, relieves the symptoms of the disease in humans.