Pinworm infection occurs during pregnancy is not uncommon. That’s only if ordinary people can get rid of this problem, without any special effort, the expectant mother is much more difficult. Because a lot of medicines to treat enterobiasis during pregnancy is strictly banned because of harmful effects on the fetus. But to solve the problem, it is still possible!
Enterobiasis during pregnancy is accompanied by the same symptoms as other people. To suspect the presence of pinworms in the body can be sudden itching in the anus and perineum. However, he is able to intensify at night and early in the morning. However, pregnant women can start to disturb nausea, of the changing nature of stool, pain in the abdomen (especially near the navel).
Other signs of pinworms include:
- disturbances in the metabolism;
- night cough;
- increase irritability.
At the transition of the disease into the chronic stage it is not excluded the appearance of allergic reactions.
While the above symptoms may occur only after infection with pinworms, and some signs will be missing. Therefore, the most accurate information about the presence in the body of pregnant parasites you can learn with the help of a stool sample.
Enterobiasis during pregnancy can harm an unborn baby. But pinworms can cause health problems in the mother. For example, a different vaginal infection, dysbiosis, poor immunity and so on. Besides, in the future, the parasites can enter the body of the newborn baby. That is why if you notice signs of the emergence of pinworms during pregnancy, the expectant mother should immediately get tested and consult with your doctor about further treatment options.
Treatment of enterobiasis in pregnancy
Treatment of parasites in pregnancy is a complicated process. During this period the woman to take special tablets or suspension intended for getting rid of pinworms. This is due to the fact that these drugs have toxic effects and is able to influence the development of a fetus.
As an exception we can recall only about these pills like Pyrantel or Piperazine. But use them only on prescription and in the most difficult situations! Moreover, such tablets are prohibited during the first trimester of pregnancy.
Then the logical question arises: what to do if there were pinworms in pregnancy? As tablets and other medicines is prohibited, the doctor may recommend the use of one of the popular ways.
Contraindications to treatment folk remedies
Use during pregnancy treatment enterobiasis in some cases, however, prohibited. These include the presence of a woman such diseases as:
- Crohn’s disease.
If you have similar diagnoses to cure pinworms possible only through individually tailored drug therapy. In this case, the doctor will weigh the pros and cons and choose the most appropriate pills or other means. Do not attempt to treat enterobiasis during pregnancy alone, even with the obvious symptoms!
Treatment enterobiasis folk remedies
After the appearance of obvious signs of illness and tests need to start treatment pinworms. Make it be is not difficult, just follow the instructions. In this case, the deadly pills would not be necessary. Besides, folk recipes to cure enterobiasis during pregnancy have many benefits:
Pinworms during pregnancy allowed to drive in several ways.
1. Pumpkin seeds.
Worms during pregnancy (and, in particular, pinworms) can also be derived with the help of pumpkin seeds. There are two effective recipes with this ingredient:
- Porridge with pumpkin seeds. It is easy to make. Mix 100 g with 100 ml of olive oil. It is best to prepare the mixture in the evening to sit over night and by morning was ready to eat. Eat cereal need 3 hours before Breakfast. This provides a three-day course of treatment. Then follows a break. 2 days later the procedure is repeated again.
- A decoction of pumpkin seeds. For the treatment of enterobiasis in pregnancy need to do the following. Pour into a saucepan with 500 ml of water, add 100 g of pumpkin seeds and boil the broth a few minutes after boiling water. For getting rid of pinworms resulting liquid is necessary to drink on an empty stomach. The course of treatment is 7 days.
- The broth is made from wormwood, is hardly palatable. But it helps to get rid of pinworms in just 4 days. To prepare means you need to take a tablespoon of crushed dried sage, pour it 300 grams of boiled water, let it brew and strain. The broth to drink twice a day (morning and evening) for 2 hours before eating. The course of treatment is 4 days.
2. The beet juice.
A great way to eliminate pinworms is beet juice. To do it at home very simply. You need to chop the beets and squeeze out the juice. To accept within two weeks by 100 g on an empty stomach morning and evening.
3. With the help of garlic.
Garlic is almost a universal product and can be used for the treatment of many diseases. Enterobiasis, of course, is no exception.
Reviews of doctors and patients, saying that to eliminate pinworms garlic can be used as a drink or enema. In the first case, crushed two cloves, mix them with cooled boiled water and swallow. After that, drink plenty of water (1.5 liters). The treatment in this way takes 3 days. If after 1.5 weeks the symptoms of enterobiasis are preserved, the procedure is repeated three more times. To do a garlic enema, it is necessary to grind the product, pour it with hot water and let stand.
To achieve the fastest possible results in the period of treatment, you should follow some precautions to avoid reinfection:
1. wash hands with soap after using the toilet and streets;
2. to wash at least two times a day;
3. do not wear too tight or too free underwear;
4. as often as possible to change sheets and towels, held in the home wet cleaning;
5. be sure to vacuum not only carpets, but also armchairs, sofas, mattresses and so on;
6. linen washed thoroughly and ironed from both sides with a hot iron;
7. when a strong itching and discomfort in the anus, you can do enema with warm water and add soda. But before you make such a procedure should consult a doctor, as it can trigger uterine contractions and premature birth. You can do it only in the absence of contraindications;
8. upon detection of the parasites in one member of the family to carry out preventive treatment and all the rest.
These tips should apply not only during getting rid of pinworms, but also as preventive measures.