Milk Thistle is familiar to almost everyone – these purple flowers on thin stems with whitish leaves grow and along roads and clearings near ponds, and in the garden. Many people simply remove this weed without thinking that it can give people health and harmony!
Traditional healers say much good about the benefits of milk Thistle, but the importance and necessity of the use of this plant in the treatment of the liver recognized and official medicine. Many medicines are made from plant oils and milk Thistle, although in folk medicine for the preparation of therapeutic agents used and the flowers and leaves of the plant.
Milk Thistle – benefits, medicinal properties
The seeds of the plants under consideration are composed of a complex of nutrients: flavonoids, vitamins, antioxidants, enzymes, and minerals. And the silymarin milk Thistle makes an excellent hepatoprotective agent.
What is the use of milk Thistle for the liver:
- With regular use (two courses) the means on the basis of the examined plants have a protective effect, prevent the pathological dysfunction of the liver because of alcohol, toxic substances.
- Regular intake of milk Thistle leads to the strengthening of membranes of hepatocytes is the liver cells.
- The risk of fatty liver is reduced significantly.
- Stabiliziruemost and normalize metabolic processes in the liver.
- Milk Thistle helps the gall bladder is a plant can increase and ease the flow of bile.
- If there is an inflammatory process in the liver or gall bladder, consumption of medicines on the basis of the reporting of the disease helps to stop the progression of disease.
- The level of self-purification of the liver increases.
- If there are destroyed cells of the liver, taking milk Thistle helps to restore them.
Besides the fact that milk Thistle is widely used for the treatment and prevention of liver diseases, there are quite a lot of useful properties of this plant. These include:
- The use of milk Thistle in the form of decoction may alleviate the condition in pregnant powerful early morning sickness.
- If a history of disease associated with disorders of the cardiovascular system, for the prevention of strokes and heart attacks need to be used consider plant courses.
- The use of milk Thistle as a medicinal plant, is worthwhile and with diabetes, varicose veins, obesity, acquired immune deficiency, jaundice, cirrhosis of the liver.
- To drink a decoction or infusion of milk Thistle is recommended and those who recently underwent chemotherapy, radiation therapy, received radiation.
- The use of medicinal preparations based on milk Thistle, as well as funds from the category of “folk medicine”, will provide the necessary assistance and in case of cholecystitis, pathology of the pancreas and spleen, calcification, and osteochondrosis.
- Actively use milk Thistle and in practice – it will be effective treatment for dermatitis, vitiligo, burns, alopecia, psoriasis, acne, atopic dermatitis, trophic ulcers, eczema.
- Milk Thistle is prepared fresh juice (from the leaves and stems) – in folk medicine used for the treatment of prolonged constipation, and the official medicine recognizes the beneficial properties of the juice of milk Thistle in the treatment of colitis.
- Infusions from the seeds of the considered plants and teas can and should be used for the treatment of angina, pharyngitis, cough catarrhal origin, with stomatitis, periodontal disease.
Meal and flour of the seed of milk Thistle
When carry out the pressing of seeds of the considered plants, the result of this process will be the education is not only oil, but also the meal. The meal is a powdery substance, which is rich in fiber. This substance is considered to be the best option for the treatment of diseases of the intestine, meal, cleans it and stimulates a normal job, normalizes microflora.
Flour from the seeds of milk Thistle, is simply the seed powder prepared without prior extraction of oil. Flour is typically used to restore liver function – if you mix the flour with the oil of the considered plants, then get an excellent tool for recovery of liver cells including an active medicinal properties are unable to “boast” even the most popular modern drugs by the pharmaceutical industry.
Please note: for the treatment and prevention of liver diseases the use of meal, milk Thistle is very large, but the harm to the body will not be no – you can safely use it daily and for a long time. The only thing is the restriction – meal cannot be taken in any form to pregnant women and children up to 12 years. If a person has a diagnosed gallstone disease, you will need to consult a physician.
Besides that meal, actively helps to solve problems with the functionality of the liver, will be useful to take it and joint pains, migraines, heart disease, hemorrhoids, cholesterol, diseases of the spleen. It is recommended to take 1 tablespoon of meal, milk Thistle with meals – this will be enough to normalize the functioning of organs and systems.
Often the flour from the seeds of the considered plants used in cooking – add it to salads, cereals, cakes, but note that the product should not more than 20% of the flour and milk Thistle. Some people use flour at all to the drink! And all this consumption is good for the body, only with already existing chronic pathologies it is better to consult specialists.
How and to whom to use milk Thistle
To consider the plant really had health benefits, you need to understand and know in what cases and in what form you need to use milk Thistle. Following are tips from experts:
- If you have excess body weight, the use of decoction from the seeds of milk Thistle and add in food of flour of this plant will help to normalize lipid metabolism, excrete harmful/toxic substances, cleaning the intestinal tract and normalize its work. All this will lead to the natural loss of excess pounds.
- In diabetes it is very important to eat fiber – it prevents spikes in blood sugar. A huge amount of fiber contained in the meal from seeds of milk Thistle, so the use of it is required for diabetics. By the way, the meal contains minerals and vitamins that participate in the development of insulin.
- A decoction of Thistle seeds, the flour of them helps to restore the body after stress and stimulates the production of breast milk. Not surprisingly, the broth, and the seeds are considered plants recommended for women in the postpartum period for early recovery and for breastfeeding.
- Syringing with a decoction of milk Thistle will help to cure vaginitis, will facilitate the status of women in cervical erosion and colpitis. In the vagina under these diseases, you can enter and tampons soaked in oil from the seeds of the considered plants.
In General, it is believed that milk Thistle should be consumed all people:
- will facilitate the state in alcohol poisoning;
- will help bring people out of the binge;
- included in the complex therapy for drug dependence;
- promotes easier passage of the rehabilitation period;
- it quickly restores the body after chemotherapy and radiation;
- boosts immunity and serves as a prevention of various diseases (this is especially important for residents of large cities).
Recipes from milk Thistle
For proper use of the considered plants as medicine, you need to know the recipes of medicinal.
For weight loss
In 100 ml of warm water dissolve 1 tablespoon of meal and take 2-3 times a day. Flour from the seeds of milk Thistle can be added to cereals or baked goods, but not necessarily will need to follow a proper diet and physical exercise even at a minimal “doses”.
Another helpful hint on the use of milk Thistle for weight loss – put into a Cup of yogurt 1-2 tablespoons of meal, drink this mixture at night. Thus, the feeling of hunger will be appeased, and no fats/carbs will not enter the body.
Chronic constipation and intoxication
100 gr of natural yogurt or kefir, dissolve 1 tablespoon of meal and drink in the morning on an empty stomach. You need to use this remedy every day for a month. If we add to that recommendation 2 liters of clean boiled water per day, from the body will be actively excreted toxins, intestinal tract cleansed.
Varicose veins and elevated blood sugar (but not diabetes)
You need to take 2 tablespoons of milk Thistle seeds, grind them into flour (a blender or coffee grinder) and use 1 dessert spoon 4 times a day 20 minutes before meals. Course use 30 days, then for 2 weeks a break and repeated one month course.
To improve liver function and alcohol dependence
You need to take 1 tablespoon of the seeds are considered plants and pour 200 ml of boiling water, infuse for 20 minutes, strain and drink in small SIPS 50 ml 20 minutes before meals. Need a day to drink all the amount, the first portion must be taken on an empty stomach in the morning and the last just before bedtime.
Diseases of the joints, trophic ulcers, festering wounds
You need to prepare the infusion of 4 tablespoons of seeds of milk Thistle and 500 ml of alcohol, to insist within 2 weeks. Then, the tool was adopted on 25 drops, diluted in 100 ml of water, before meals. The course of treatment is unlimited – to help.
Every day you need to consume 1 teaspoon of flour from the seeds of the examined plants 4-5 times. The course is 40 days, then a break for 15 days and everything is repeated again. In General, therefore, can be treated within six months – typically, this is sufficient for the normalization and stabilization of the liver.
Every 3 hours you need to eat 1 teaspoon before meal until symptoms disappear.
Please note: whichever recipe is selected, in the presence of chronic diseases in the body should consult a physician about the appropriateness of the use of milk Thistle as a medicines.
Milk Thistle – harm and contraindications
It is strictly forbidden to use considering the plant as a medicinal treatment for the following conditions:
- mental illness;
- children up to age 12 years;
- shortness of breath;
- the period of pregnancy.
Is very carefully to use/apply tools based on the milk Thistle the following patients:
- with diagnosed gallstone disease – treatment must be carried out only under the supervision of a physician;
- with abnormal heart rhythms;
- asthma – milk Thistle could trigger choking;
- with the increased level of calcium in the body.
Often detected and idiosyncrasy of the considered plants in this case any use will be banned.
Please note: if you previously milk Thistle was not used, then the first few uses of the person can celebrate the pain in the anatomical location of the liver – this is considered normal. If after 2-3 days of treatment before the plant pain and discomfort did not disappear, it is necessary to interrupt the course and to seek the advice of a specialist.
Milk Thistle is a weed, but very useful! If you learn how to correctly use the medicinal products prepared on the basis of milk Thistle, it will be quickly, effectively and for a long period to improve your health, help the body to cope with diseases of the liver, intestines and other organs and systems.
Yana Aleksandrovna Tsygankova, medical columnist, the therapist of the highest qualification category