The oral cavity is one of the most polluted cavities of the human body. So the question on how to properly brush your teeth, very important for the preservation of their health.
The process of brushing your teeth is a hygienic procedure, aimed at removing from the surface of food debris and soft plaque, which is formed during the day. The oral hygiene carried out using a toothbrush and other AIDS such as dental floss.
If you ignore the need to clean teeth or to perform this procedure poorly, then it can cause tooth decay and other inflammatory processes in the oral cavity.
Why you need to brush your teeth?
Reason 1: the grinding of food. Healthy teeth and their correct placement adorn a person’s appearance, but the advantages of teeth does not end there. Our mouth is the first mechanism of the digestive tract. The food in the mouth not only chew the teeth, but soaked with saliva, which facilitates further digestion in the stomach and intestines. The food, not impregnated with saliva, and is poorly absorbed by the body. As you know, we’ll process the food you consume may be the only people with healthy teeth.
Reason 2: speech clarity. The teeth are involved in articulation. Without them we will not be able to speak clearly. Loss of several teeth or improper development may have a negative impact on speech clarity. Even with the loss of one front tooth in a child it will become Lisp. Children with this defect of the teeth can stop to chat, will be boring for peers. As a result, this child can become introverted, to leave the society, he may change character.
Reason 3: health of the teeth. Diseases such as caries and its complications can be easily prevented. It is also possible to prevent wrong growth of teeth in childhood. To do this, make preventive and hygienic measures. If you ignore them, there are any complications, and the treatment will be more time consuming and expensive.
Note that the presence of the patients teeth is unacceptable, as bacteria from the patient’s tooth can easily go to other organs of the body, leading to disease of the whole organism.
When you need to brush your teeth?
Brush your teeth in the morning after Breakfast and night before going to sleep. Brushing your teeth after a meal, you will protect yourself from tooth decay and plaque as in the mouth there will be food particles. So never brush your teeth before eating!
There is another reason: if you brush your teeth before eating, and after drinking, such as coffee, your teeth will change color, as the after cleaning a tooth enamel more susceptible to the effects of pigments.
Another very important note! Do not brush your teeth immediately after eating, if you eat any acidic food or at least drink a glass of juice from oranges. You need to wait about 30-40 minutes. The fact that after taking acid our enamel becomes softer, and if you just start brushing your teeth, it is damaged to a much greater extent. In addition, will over time form cracks, and eventually teeth can be completely destroyed.
How many minutes to brush their teeth? The exact answer to this question is no. However, they need to be cleaned about 2-3 minutes. Preferably at least two minutes. But too long to brush your teeth is also not necessary, so as not to damage the enamel.
How many times a day to brush their teeth?
Brushing teeth is best twice a day, morning and evening. More frequent cleaning will gradually erase the enamel. Of course, brush your teeth after eating, not before! But at the same time we eat more often than twice a day, after meals during the day should rinse your mouth with a special mouthwash or salt solution. Remember one Golden rule: after eating any kind of food need to be sure to brush your teeth or at least rinse your mouth! Then you are unlikely to get to the dentist.
General rules of brushing your teeth
- Before cleaning, the toothbrush rinse thoroughly;
- You should not use too much toothpaste. Adult strip should not be longer than 10 mm;
- Hygienic procedure can take less than 2 minutes, but should be no longer than 5 minutes;
- The brush should be kept properly against the teeth. The tilt angle should be 45 degrees;
- To start the procedure of cleaning is necessary with the lower dentition, and subsequently to move on to cleaning the upper teeth;
- First cleaned the front teeth, then you need to brush those teeth, located deep in the oral cavity;
- The direction of movement when cleaning the lower teeth from below upwards, when cleaning the upper teeth from top to bottom;
- Chewing surface of the teeth to be cleaned with circular movements;
- Complete cleaning should be a gum massage. For this purpose, a brush is necessary to make kneading and stroking motion;
- Mouth after the procedure, rinse;
- After the teeth are cleaned, the surface to be processed of the language. It accumulates a large number of bacteria to be removed. For this purpose all modern toothbrushes are equipped with a special ribbed surface, which is located on the back side of the bristles;
- If possible, after cleansing the teeth, you should gargle with a mouthwash;
- Brush after the procedure should be thoroughly washed. To put it in storage it in a glass, rotating the cleaning surface is up.
If you brush your teeth incorrectly, to move a brush on the teeth from left to right, it will injure the gums. In addition, due to such improper technique plaque is filled in the interdental spaces and removing it from there would be quite problematic. Another danger of improper cleaning is grinding of the teeth near their necks.
All the experts unanimously recommend brushing the teeth at least two times a day. Often this procedure is also not necessary, as this will lead to thinning of the enamel. If food has been consumed the product with acid, the teeth should just rinse with water. Brushing them is not recommended as it may lead to destruction of tooth enamel, increased tooth sensitivity and tooth decay.
The most important procedure is to clean the teeth before the night’s rest. The fact that accumulated during the day, plaque and food debris will help to ensure that pathogenic bacteria will begin to proliferate. As a result, this will lead to the development of caries and gingivitis.
The most problematic areas to clean are the inner surface of the incisors, the lingual surface of the lower posterior teeth, the buccal surface of the upper posterior teeth.
If you already have gum disease, experts recommend to use to clean teeth with a special brush.
Additional guidance for cleaning teeth
In addition to the basic rules, there are additional considerations regarding this procedure:
- Pressure on the brush should not be excessive;
- The oral cavity must be thoroughly rinsed, otherwise the procedure will be ineffective;
- The paste should not be swallowed, because excess fluoride will lead to the destruction of tooth enamel;
- If a person notices that between the teeth even after a thorough cleaning it still has food particles and plaque, you should use dental floss.
In order to assess the quality of cleaning, it is necessary to skim the surface of the teeth tongue. If there is smooth surface, it is a measure of correctly performed procedures.
Means for cleaning the teeth
Without the means to clean teeth quality of oral hygiene is impossible.
Among modern devices for implementing this procedure are:
- Pastes and gels;
- Toothbrushes can be manual or electric;
- Dental floss or dental floss;
- Chewing gum and candy for deodorizing the oral cavity;
- Toothpastes and mouth rinses;
- Tooth powder;
- Dental wipes.
In addition to funds for home use, there are different methods of teeth cleaning. The procedure is performed in the dentist’s office. Doctors recommend professional cleaning 2 times per year, during each routine inspection of the oral cavity.
Remove bad breath
Explanation of breath may be the accumulation of bacteria at the root of the tongue. Although the causes may be different, most often the problem lies precisely in this. So out of your mouth never came the odor while cleaning your teeth always floss and language. Although this scent will help to eliminate and conventional chewing gum by increasing salivation. Pay special attention to the language after consuming dairy products, meat or fish.
Acidic foods soften the enamel
After carrying out research in one of the institutions of Germany it was found that brushing teeth right after you drink or eat something acidic, as acidic foods temporarily soften enamel. Although this effect lasts only 20-30 minutes, and then the enamel is strengthening again.
If you think that the main enemy of the enamel is sugar, you are right. However, in addition to sugar devastating effect, and has acid in acidic foods and juices. For example, if you after a meal drink a glass of orange juice, then it is better not to brush your teeth for about half an hour.
The fact that the use of acid products, the acidity in the mouth becomes higher than normal, which results in softening of the enamel. To neutralize this process, you can eat foods that contain a large number of proteins – for example, peanuts, cheese, egg. But there should be 15-20 minutes after a meal with high acid content.