Education on the gum seal appearance resembling a pinecone– a fact that should not be ignored. Some time the person may not notice the disease, as is not always the appeared the growth is accompanied by pain. And discover that the gum had a lump only felt discomfort while brushing your teeth or chewing food. What to do in this case? The main thing is not to panic and to contact your dentist, who will prescribe treatment, after ascertaining the cause of the pathology.
The reasons for the formation of bumps on the gums
To find out why on the gums there was a bump, you need to put the correct diagnosis to a specialist. Reasons appear swelling, several, but none of them harmless. At diagnostics take into account the nature of education, color, density, presence or absence of pain, purulent exudate, and it turns out the nature of the disease – infectious or other.
Important! Basically, most dental problems associated with poor maintenance of the oral cavity. The result is a pathology of mucous with your symptoms.
- irregular and improper care of the oral cavity, causing infection affects periodontal tissues;
- complications of untreated caries is an infectious lesion of the roots (fistula, abscess);
- complications resulting from the implantation;
- improper wearing or manufacture of orthopedic structures;
- cystic education;
- periodontal injury (hematoma);
- benign tumor (epulis, fibropapilloma);
- of a malignant tumor.
There is another cause of the seal of the periodontium. If the child on the gums appeared a white bump, it could indicate the eruption of a new tooth. Short-term swelling is not terrible, but if after a long time a tooth shows up, you should contact the surgeon.
Attention! Many are not in a hurry to go to the doctor because the lump does not hurt. The lack of discomfort is not evidence of absence of disease. Remember, if the gums had a lump, what to do and how serious the consequences are will determine only a doctor!
Diseases in which a bump on the gums are not sore
There are diseases in which the resulting seal does not bother the patient pain. Because of this, people are in no hurry to go to the doctor, which subsequently can complicate treatment. For which diseases bump that emerged on the dental tissue, pain?
If in the gum there was a bump with pus, the expiration of which there is a hole in the gum, we are talking about the fistula. Education is a growth in size of 3-5 mm with a white top. When the outlet is not clogged compacted exudate and pus to expire freely, the seal usually does not hurt. The reason for the formation of a fistula – a complication of periodontitis where the tissue grows and becomes infected by bacteria accumulated. Despite the fact that the pus regularly follows and does not accumulate in large quantities, untreated acute sinus becomes chronic. If left untreated, the fistula, there is a risk of infection in the periodontium and tooth loss.
The exostoses – the kind of jaw anomalies, when the bone protrudes slightly on the surface. This lump is hard, painless to the touch, as it is, in fact, bone or osteochondral growth of benign nature. Causes – genetic predisposition, congenital defects or injury. With such anomalies, the prosthesis is difficult or impossible: the denture will RUB the skin on bony outgrowth, which can cause injury and getting an infection.
It is important! The exostosis is determined by x-rays. The decision to remove the patient, however, it is worth considering that these growths can eventually become cancerous.
If the gums there was a bump having the shape of a mushroom on a stem, pale pink or red, we are talking about epulis – a pathological education, distributed mainly in women and is also common in children when the first tooth erupting. Causes of epulis are often traumatic in nature (large fillings, Tartar, chips); however, abnormal growth may appear as a result of malocclusion, hormonal disorders or wearing defective dentures. Symptoms of epulis is similar with the manifestations of gingivitis, therefore, for accurate diagnosis, the doctor uses x-rays or histological test.
About periodontitis should consider if the gum has left a lump is firm to the touch, a diameter of about 10 mm. Causes inflammation of the periodontal tissues usually become nezaplanirovannaya nerve canals and infection. An abscess formed in the apex of the root. A characteristic feature of the disease is in the vertical pressing on the tooth pain. If pus has already expired, the pain can not be observed but ignore the disease, as it can lead to tooth loss and further spread of infection.
Attention! When you see the seal on the gums in any case can not do hot compress or hot rinse: this can worsen the disease!
Soft to the touch swelling with watery contents – hematoma – is formed as a result of injury to tissue during tooth extraction. This lump usually does not require special treatment, dissolving after a few days of appearance.
Diseases in which a bump on the gums accompanied by pain
But a much more difficult situation, when the appearance of the seal on the periodontium accompanied by severe pain. In such cases, we are talking about more serious diseases. If a sore tooth and on the gums there was a bump in what could be the reason?
If periodontitis is not treated on time, the pus, instead of out through the fistulous course, can go into the bone, causing its inflammation – a periostitis (in the people – flux). This disease has a more severe course of: the temperature rises, swelling of the mucous membranes of the mouth extends to soft tissue of the cheeks, lips, inflamed lymph nodes, the person experiences a sharp, tugging pain. Such a bump can be formed and due to the removal of the tooth.
Attention! Flux is a dangerous suppurative disease, which in the case of delay can lead to inflammation of the jaw bone, cellulitis and sepsis. At the first signs of periodontitis, you need to go to the dental clinic!
Periodontitis is a fast growing gum disease, which leads to the destruction of tissues holding the tooth. The reasons are the formation of Tartar, the lack of vitamins in consumed food, incorrect load on the teeth when chewing. Gums start to bleed, itching, teeth become loose, between them cracks are formed. Then, in advanced cases, between the tooth and the tissue appear periodontal pockets, bad breath in connection with the release of purulent exudate, tooth neck exposed, have pain when taking cold, hot, sour and salty foods. Due to the accumulation of pus in the pockets of the gums covered with a small light cones – a hotbed of bacteria to grow. The emergence of such symptoms – a good reason to go immediately to the dental clinic: delay will lead to loss of teeth.
If the gums and lumps appeared bright red in color, small in diameter, bleeding gums and slightly bloodshot, speech can go about hypertrophic gingivitis is the initial form of the inflammatory process of periodontal tissues. The disease occurs due to poor maintenance of the oral cavity and in the absence of timely treatment leads to serious complications, including periodontitis.
Important! Any pathology associated with the oral cavity, can lead to serious health consequences. To the dentist you need to apply not only for treatment but also for prevention of diseases!
How to get rid of the bumps that have appeared on the gum? The treatment will focus on eliminating the causes and symptoms of the underlying disease.
If you experience fistula the main aim is to eliminate the source of infection and remove pus. To do this, hold rinse the mouth with a solution of baking soda and salt in a 1:1 ratio (half a teaspoon per Cup). The procedure was repeated daily every 1.5-2 hours until complete disappearance of the seal.
The exostosis treated only by surgery if the indications for removal of the lump: pain, rapid growth, presence of cosmetic defect. The surgery overgrown areas of tissue removed with a chisel, then smooth the bone.
Should know! In children over time, exostosis often disappear on their own, so the operations need not occur.
Treatment of epulis starts with addressing the reasons that caused it is removal of Tartar, caries treatment, correction of prosthetic devices. Then observations are made and if necessary surgical excision of lumps to healthy tissue.
For the treatment of periodontitis from the patient’s tooth is removed the seal, sanitize and extend the channels (for the exit of pus) and remove the diseased periodontal tissue. Is antiseptic and antibiotic treatment. Then put a temporary filling, which was later replaced by a constant.
The treatment when abscess is similar to the rehabilitation of periodontitis difference in the duration of procedure due to more severe consequences of the disease. Tooth rasprobyvat, clean and widen the channels. Under a temporary filling is placed medication after 2 months it is removed. The tooth is washed with antiseptics, and then the procedure a temporary filling again. When symptoms of the disease impose a permanent seal, with no result, the tooth is removed.
The treatment takes place in outpatient settings. The doctor removes plaque, holds antiseptic treatment of periodontal pockets. For serious lesions the treatment is carried out surgically.
Gingivitis can be treated at home, using prescribed ointments, gels and mouthwash. But the main thing is proper oral hygiene.
Important! Treatment of diseases, depending on their complexity and nature, can be done outpatient or in the home. One thing is certain: to put a diagnosis and prescribe treatments (even Pets!) should only be a specialist!
The use of the most effective folk methods and recipes as a Supplement to medical treatment can significantly accelerate the healing process.
- Rinse salt solutions. Per litre of boiled water — 4 tablespoons of salt, leave for an hour to infuse. After the solution is slightly warm and sanitize the oral cavity. The salt disinfects, relieves swelling, soothes.
- Rinse herbal infusions. For this purpose, suitable chamomile, eucalyptus, calendula, yarrow. 4 tbsp. l. herbs steeped in 1 liter of boiling water, infused for half an hour. Herbs have a calming and antiseptic effect on the mucosa, promote the resorption of seals.
- Juice of Kalanchoe. Nourishes and heals the inflamed tissue of the gums, strengthens the enamel of the teeth. Fresh juice rubbed into the gums or washed sheet, released from the top of the skin, just chew.
- Salt with honey. Healing tandem Sol softens inflamed tissue and promotes the removal of purulent exudate, and the honey disinfects, nourishes and soothes. A mixture of honey salt is prepared in the ratio of 2: 1.
- Garlic tincture. Good displays pus, a powerful antiseptic, but to avoid burning you cannot apply more than 3 days. The infusion is prepared from 4 heads of garlic, 5 lemons and 700 grams of vodka. The crushed ingredients in alcohol and insist 3 days. Then every 4 hours rinse with a solution oral cavity.
Important! Traditional methods auxiliary methods of combating the disease, not a panacea and does not replace medical treatment prescribed by the dentist.
The child on the gums and lumps appeared.
The bumps can appear not only in adults but also in children. The occurrence of seals on the gums the child often has a different explanation and a different origin. If the gums of the child there was a bump, what could be the reason and what to do in this case?
- Thick white swelling in the mouth of a baby means that soon you need to wait for the new milk tooth. The child is in severe pain, to soothe use special tools drops and gels that are rubbed into the gums.
- The lump is a light color on the back or front baby tooth says that the child has reached the age when the first teeth are replaced by permanent. The seal is nothing like a new tooth is ready to appear. If the milk tooth has not yet fallen, and prevents cut permanent, you need to go to a pediatric dentist to prevent malocclusion.
- The appearance of abscess or fistula on the gums – the reason for urgent visit. If we are talking about a milk tooth it will be removed to avoid further spread of the infection.
- If it’s a molar in the gum there was a bump with pus –the dentist will take every measure to save the tooth. The seal is opened, the gums are treated with antiseptics, if necessary, prescribe a course of antibiotics.
Tip note. During the change of bite in the child having white bumps in my mouth that concern parents. At this time, should strengthen the quality control of his oral hygiene and to regularly bring your child to a preventive visit to the dentist.
As they say, forewarned is forearmed. In fact, if given the health of the oral cavity sufficient attention, the likelihood of severe periodontal disease is still much lower. Prevention of gum disease is proper combining traditional recipes and high-quality care.
- Brushing your teeth twice a day, not менее3 5 minutes, the procedure is done after Breakfast and before bedtime.
- One should clean not only the teeth, but necessarily also the gums, tongue, mucosa of the cheeks.
- The brush to pick up individual characteristics, change at least 1 time in 3 months.
- For cleansing the teeth after each snack to use floss (floss) or chew 15 minutes gum without sugar.
- Limit sweets has a destructive impact on the teeth and soft tissues of the periodontium.
- Massage the gums crushed berries of a cranberry – an excellent prevention of periodontal disease.
- Strengthen, nourish and tone the gums compresses of pine oil.
- Aloe Vera juice mixed with water in proportion 1:4, is a preventive and even curative remedy for gingivitis.