Accurate to say – at night teeth ache. The day too many distractions that do not give focus on the sensations. Work, household chores and even walking cause the brain to work in the other direction, which leads to pain reduction.
The other main factor is physiological. In the evening the body starts to decrease the level of corticosteroids, they are “responsible” for the reduction of pain. Hormone reaches a minimum in the period from midnight until five in the morning, then the tooth slowly starts to let go. Usually by this time the boy’s exhausted organism “for rent”, the man falls asleep and gets short-term respite.
Another reason for the night pain, which is the horizontal position of the body during sleep. A rush of blood to the head increases, the nerve roots are compressed and the pain is worse. This is especially noticeable in the pulpit, when the sensations become unbearable.
Important. If you notice increased pain in the supine position, raise your pillow higher, they practically sit. Blood will cast from head, will become a little easier.
Particular matter, when a toothache under seal. This means that inside the treated cavity got infection and inflammatory process has begun. The pus formed even in small quantities has no access to the outside and begins to compress nerve roots which leads to severe acute pain that may radiate even to the ear and throat.
Night also may lead to a slight pain after the removal of the tooth or the nerve and also after treatment of deep caries. This is normal and does not require taking any serious action. In this case, it is sufficient to take a pill of any analgesic or rinse your mouth with warm soda solution.
Important. If you have difficult to remove and after that night there was a strong pain in the morning should immediately consult a doctor. Alternatively, the hole can remain bone fragments. Ill will the whole jaw, and to remove the feeling even stronger drugs would be virtually impossible.
Aching dead tooth
After removal of the nerve of the tooth may temporarily react with mild pain on pressure or biting, including at night. It is a normal reaction. In these cases, it is sufficient to take a pill for the pain.
If the pain becomes pulsating and amplified, so the nerve was not completely removed, or the physician had committed errors relating to procleaning of channels or installing the seal. The biggest trouble that will not help and the pills nor the people’s money. Begin immediately to look for the doctor.
Sore wisdom tooth
A special unit in the body – a wisdom tooth. Standard cut it in the age of 18-25 years, there can be severe pain. The molar breaks through the bone and gum tissue, actually tearing them. Night pain may be remove it you can use anaesthetic gels (Holisal, Metrogil Denta, Asepta) or analgesics.
Well, if the tooth is vertically and they have enough place in the gums. Much worse when the molar breaks at an angle or even horizontally. “Eight” at the same time presses on the roots of the adjacent teeth and shifts them. Besides pain, you may receive the swelling of gums and cheeks, and to increase the body temperature. As a temporary option, you can take painkillers, but to solve the problem you’ll have with the surgeon. As always, the sooner the better.
A wisdom tooth may ache due to caries, pulpitis, periodontitis, cysts. Another reason is the inflammation of the so-called hood, the folds in the gums, resulting in tooth eruption. Cause of pericoronitis is the accumulation of food particles, which gradually begin to rot, causing pain in the area of the group. In the most severe cases begins to stand out pus.
To relieve pain, you can rinse your mouth with warm infusions of herbs (sage, chamomile), use gel and taking painkillers. And in the morning – to the doctor.
Important. Wisdom tooth – the same tooth. But if it interferes with the normal arrangement of the teeth causes crowding, deep lesion of dentin, dentists recommend to remove it.
Reasons not related to the teeth
When a severe toothache, it seems that a sore ear, throat, head and even facial skin. In some cases man is not able to determine the source of the sensations and believes that the culprit – a sick tooth.
Night pain, similar to a tooth may occur also in the following cases:
- When inflammation of the trigeminal nerve. The characteristic gnawing pain, localized to one tooth or spread throughout the jaw. This is because branches of the nerve is located very close to the roots of the teeth and inflammation occurs pain is very similar to the tooth.
- When sinusitis, sinusitis, otitis. Swollen tissue and sinuses, filled with purulent contents, put pressure on the roots of the teeth. The resulting pain is strongly reminiscent of the tooth. In most cases observed in children who find it difficult to correctly identify the location of the pain
- When we are under stress. Chronic night pain can be considered as one of the factors that could support stress in the body.
Important. Even if you have similar assumptions, to visit the dentist still have. This must be done in order to exclude inflammatory diseases of teeth and oral cavity, to correctly diagnose and prescribe correct treatment.
What to do at night pain in teeth
It must be assumed that night the pain becomes much stronger than during the day. Physiologically, a person has to rest, and he has to find a way to alleviate their condition. The worst variant – when acute pain becomes the cause of the spill.
In such situations, all thoughts focused on to eliminate the discomfort as soon as possible. It is unlikely that someone in the night to prepare a complex decoction or tincture.
We offer a few quick solutions to help at least a little to relieve pain:
- Immediately take analgesic – any one that is in the house. The group includes analgin, tempalgin, Pentalgin, ketorol. Help paracetamol. Be aware of the dangers of overdose. The drugs begins to act in about 20-30 minutes after ingestion.
- Apply something cold to your cheek. Remove from the freezer ice or a piece of meat, will suit even a pack of ravioli. Wrap in towel and apply to the patient’s cheek. The cold will help relieve the swelling with the tissue, the pressure on the nerve roots will be reduced. It is important to remember that you need to take breaks every 15-20 minutes so as not to chill the trigeminal nerve.
- Rinse your mouth with warm soda solution – one teaspoon in a glass of water. Repeat the gargle every half hour. Completely pain can not be removed, but will be a little easier.
- Brew any herb with anti-inflammatory properties – chamomile, thyme, oregano. The proportion of standards – one tablespoon per Cup of boiling water. Insist, cool, strain. Rinse only with warm solution.
- Use folk remedies – apply a piece of bacon to the patient’s gums, a slice of garlic on the wrist. If you have in the house, you can rinse your mouth with vodka or brandy (don’t drink, this is important) – will first feel a sharp pain, then become easier.
If you are tired and can no longer walk, lie down in a semi-sitting position. Thus the head must be above the trunk.
To escape, you can do some quiet work – to iron linen, to draw, to embroider, to write. The main thing that you were able to shift attention.
You’ll need to survive the most difficult time is from midnight to five o’clock in the morning. In the morning the production of corticosteroids will increase, the pain will ease off. We recommend you never to tune in to a visit to the doctor. More no one will help you.
What not to do if you have a toothache
We consider it our duty to remind you that you should not do, even if the pain is severe. Some of these recommendations can cause laughter, but such cases are met in practice.
- Do not heat – do not apply a hot water bottle, iron, hot metal, do not lean against the cheek to the hot battery. Heat provokes edema, increased tissue pressure on roots of teeth and nerves, the pain becomes unbearable. The heating is also dangerous because a possible breakthrough of pus in the sinus and skull fabric.
- Do not drink antibiotics – first, they will not help, and secondly, these drugs should not be consumed without prescription.
- Do not accept but-shpu, not help, the principle of drug action based on the effects on the transverse muscles. For toothache but-shpa does not help.
- Do not attempt to pull a tooth or getting a filling. Likely to damage teeth, the jaw and infection.
- Categorically do not drink alcohol. If you smoke, try not to overbook myself – an excess of nicotine will worsen the condition.
Important. Cannot be applied to the gums or the cheek piece of the tablet of aspirin or any other painkillers, will receive a severe burn and tissue death. And do not tighten the visit to the dentist, to go with anyway.
When you can not postpone the visit to the doctor
Night pain is dangerous because the person has no opportunity to immediately go to the doctor and fix the problem. In particular, in the wee time on the background of pain and experiences can raise the pressure and stroke.
If you have a background of severe night pain:
- increased body temperature;
- breathing became difficult;
- increased heart rate;
- had severe swelling on one side of the face;
- disturbed sensitivity of the person with a sore hand,
called an Ambulance and not wait until the condition worsens.
In cases when the pain just becomes unbearable and endure it becomes impossible, look for the clinics or services in which dental care is provided around the clock.
Important. Be careful when taking medicines. In any case it is impossible to prevent overdose, as this may cause the appearance of allergic reactions until the swelling.
Prevention of dental diseases
Preventive methods against the diseases of the teeth very simple. You must comply with daily oral hygiene, visit the dentist 1-2 times a year, to follow the diet.
If you are a smoker or not, a big fan of strong tea or coffee, be prepared for the fact that prophylactic cleaning will be necessary more often. Dental plaque is an ideal breeding ground for pathogens and, consequently, the occurrence of inflammatory lesions on the teeth and mouth.
The food should contain sufficient amount of calcium and phosphorus, vitamins, trace elements. Wrong diet will lead to rapid destruction of dentine and tooth loss.
Special attention to these factors should be given to those who are prone to periodontal disease and periodontitis, or already sick with it.