More than 25% of the population in all age groups are faced with such unpleasant phenomenon, as the sand in the urine. Fine education that are excreted from the kidneys during urination, can not only deliver a complex of unpleasant sensations, but also to cause the development of a number of pathological conditions.
In addition, the fact that the formation of tiny stones in the renal pelvis is a kind of signal about the occurrence of edge States, which is manifested in the precipitation of salts, normally residing in dissolved form. In the future, they become the basis for the formation of tiny calculi, popularly referred to as sand.
There was no specific reason, eliminating that you can avoid the risk of formation sand in the kidneys or bladder. The formation of stones in the urinary tract is the result of the whole complex of negative impacts on the body, causing a metabolic process in which the salt crystals have the ability to stick together with protein fractions in urine.
- change urine pH to acidic or alkaline side;
- environmental conditions (ecology, work in hazardous industries, hot climate);
- infectious diseases of the urinary tract;
- anatomical abnormalities of the structure of the urinary tract (congenital curvature of the urethra, prostate adenoma in men);
- sedentary lifestyle;
- violation of blood circulation in organs of small pelvis;
- food preferences (affect acid-alkaline balance of urine);
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- violations of metabolic processes.
The formation of kidney stones is typical for the second trimester of pregnancy. This is due to changes of water-salt balance and deformity of the urinary tract by the growing fetus.
Oddly enough, no particular ailments by itself, sand does not. Very often, its presence becomes known only with the passage of ultrasonic or x-ray examination.
- burning sensation or pain in the urethra — the pain is in the nature of cutting and may be paroxysmal or constant, and worsen at the beginning or at the end of urination;
- change the color of urine — damage of the mucosal surface of the urinary tract in urine blood may be, in this case it acquires a pink or brown color;
- aching pain in the lumbar or stomach — this symptom occurs, usually, if breathing is difficult, passage of stones in the narrow fragments of the urinary tract (ureters);
- frequent urination is caused by irritation of the walls of the bladder and urethra grits;
- difficulty urinating or syndrome, intermittent jet — causes of this symptom may be the overlap of the lumen of the urethra by calculi or swelling of the mucous membrane, damaged by sand;
- high blood pressure — is the consequence of disturbance of the normal outflow of fluid.
Injury to the mucosa of the urinary tract may cause the development of inflammatory processes, as tissue damage greatly simplifies the penetration and development of pathogenic microorganisms.
The main diagnostic criterion for detection of foreign fragments in the kidneys and urinary tract is the presence of crystalline sediment and sand in urine. To determine the presence of impurities can be in the home.
To do this:
- To carry out the entire process of urination in a clean transparent container having traces of detergent or cleaning agents.
- A visual estimate of the degree of transparency of urine. In the presence of salts it has a muddy slurry in the bottom third of the vessel, inflammation of looks uniformly cloudy.
- To visually evaluate color changes. If the damage of the mucosa, urine may be mixed with blood and have, depending on the source of bleeding, pink or dirty red color.
- Filter the urine through a piece of cotton fabric. The result of this action, you can see the grains of sand derived from the urine concrements. If the grains have a yellow or orange color, so there is a uric acid diathesis, accompanied by the formation of urate stones. White sand speaks about the formation of cystine stones, and struvite black or cholesterol stones.
It should be noted that the presence of erythrocytes and leucocytes is not always possible to detect with the naked eye, as with microscopic hematuria and leukocyturia changes in urine color is fairly insignificant. Therefore, to obtain a more reliable result it is necessary to resort either to using a diagnostic test strips, or to conduct laboratory analysis of urine in a specialized medical institution.
There are many instrumental methods of investigation of kidneys and urinary tract, used in the detection of sand in the urine.
- X-ray examination. The most used method in which sand or a large rock is visible not only in the kidney, but as it goes down the urinary tract.
- Radioisotope neprezentare. The method consists in the introduction into the organism of substances capable of emitting radiation (radioactive isotopes), which receive two-dimensional photo or video image of the kidneys, to see if there are stones in them, and what size they are. The number of isotopes clearly dosed to eliminate the negative effects on the body.
- Excretory urography. A diagnostic method that allows not only to determine the presence of large or small stones, but to get a complete picture of the excretory function of the kidneys, position of the ureters and bladder. To perform the diagnostic procedure in the body is injected a radio-opaque substance, and with the help of a series of pictures tracking his withdrawal from the body by the kidneys.
- Ultrasound. Perhaps the most popular method of research And, unfortunately, the least informative, since an ultrasound can not detect all types of stones, and the sand may look like a tissue seal.
- Laboratory examination of urine. In the analysis of urine with high accuracy can identify not only the crystalluria, the presence of a salt precipitate, but also to detect signs of inflammation (bacteriuria, leukocyturia).
If stones in the kidney have dimensions not exceeding 3 mm, their removal is not particularly difficult. But due to the fact that the appearance of the sand has a tendency to recur, the treatment should include not only the removal of stones, but also the adoption of measures to prevent their recurrence.
To relieve pain and facilitate the passage of sand down the urinary tract it is recommended to take an antispasmodic:
They promote the relaxation of smooth muscles and dilate the lumen of the ureters and urethra. Also it is advisable to take light diuretics, in combination with adequate drinking regime, it will help to accelerate the removal of sand.
In some cases, for example, in uric acid diathesis in the child, to prevent the formation sand is almost impossible. In this case, it is necessary for all life to follow some rules that prevent the crystallization of salts and the delay in their in the body.
In the list of preventive measures includes:
- drink plenty of liquids (at least 2 liters per day);
- the use of purified water (filtered or boiled);
- active walk or gentle exercise every day;
Dietary restrictions depend on the structure of calculi.
- coffee drinks;
- smoked and spicy.
At the same time, phosphate demand education be excluded from the diet alkaline drink (mineral water), milk, but do not require restriction of meat.
Regular exercise prevent delay of sand in the kidneys
Today in official medical practice, there is no diagnosis called “kidney stones”. Therefore, its appearance in the urine should be considered as normal functioning of the body in a timely manner to get rid of extraneous entities.
To prevent minor factions in urolithiasis (kidney stones), it is necessary all ways to help the body, remove the stones, preventing their growth of salt crystals in a large rock, the removal of which will deliver much more difficulties.