5. I rarely wear anything other than the Revision, but If I feel I need a little more cover up, I’ll use the RMS “un cover up” in a few areas of my face.
6. Finally, I’ll add eye cream; I’m currently using the Grown Alchemist Hydra Repair Balm because it’s super hydrating.
1. I never skip my night time face wash, this is one product I do not think you have to spend a lot of money on. I’m currently using the Avene Foam Wash followed by the Avene gentle toning lotion. I love all products from Avene beacuase they are all hypoallergenic and non – comedogenic.
2. Three nights a week I apply Refissa Tretinoin Cream alone on dry skin. I’ve tried a lot of products, and nothing beats Retin A for skin turnover. It can be a little drying at first, but if you ease into the process, your skin will likely tolerate it. You have to buy this at a medical office, sold currently at SKIN MB in Nashville.
3. Now that summer is over; I’m doing a non-hydroquinone skin lightener combo from the botanical line Epionce for my summer spots and melasma from SkinPharm (local Nashville dermatology practice). I use the melanocyte pigment perfection serum layered with melanocyte TX brightening lotion. (I’ll let you know results) When I’m not using a lightening program like the one from Epionce, I love Kojic Acid. You can buy Koji – Lactic Acid in either a serum or in pads, I get mine from local medical spa Skin MB.
4. Favorite all time night cream is SkinCeuticals triple lipid restore. I also like the NeoStrata Bionic Face Cream which is less expensive and easier for travel. My other favorite product I use when I feel my skin needs a break from medical grade products is the Lemon Laine Face Oil from local boutique Lemon Laine. (ig: @lemonlaine)
5. Finally, I use an eye cream with retinol from Kate Somerville.
I exfoliate in the shower at least twice a week with an alpha hydroxy acid (vitascrub) from Zo Medical. After my sweaty work outs, I use the Trader Joe’s tea tree oil wipes on my face while in the car driving home (they never dry out). My “universal” body product is cocovit coconut oil, I swear this product does everything. I rarely wear makeup so I love getting my lashes tinted and recently got a lash lift from Kasey at local spot Ona Skincare which I love. Lastly, I usually get botox in my forehead every 4 to 6 months. It’s probably the number one thing that keeps me looking young and prevents those wrinkles before they form. My only advice would be to PLEASE keep those high eyebrows in check… botox should look as natural as possible.
In conclusion, I often think at times we lose patience and will with our skin care routines. We all struggle with different skin concerns… be it adult acne, sun damage, fine lines, etc. Did you know if you’re layering serum, moisturizer, and SPF you should allow time for each to sink in before piling the next one on? Did you know it takes most people about two months to get over the “retinol hump” of redness & flaking? My best advice is to give new routines and products a chance to work before trying new ones and keep your product choices to a minimum so you actually use what you have. I promise, your skin will thank you.
Favorite Local Beauty Spots:
Lemon Laine (all things natural and takes the guess work out of checking labels, helping me switch over slowly to a more natural approach)
Private Edition (SkinCeuticals and Avene)
FACE (RMS and Grown Alchemist)
Favorite Beauty Spas:
SkinMB (Dermaplane and Peel by Mary Matts aesthetician )
Skin Pharm (Maegan Griffin Dermatologist NP for medical needs and Botox)
FACE (Best shaped eyebrows in town by owner Shelia and Oxygen facial by Shannon)
Ora Skincare (Lash Lift and tint with Kasey )
Next week Part 2 will cover all things melasma and sun spots and I’ll introduce you to my friend Mary Matts @marymatts and let her give us her expert option on getting your glow on after summer. I also know that our gut health effects that glow, so make sure to add good probiotics and fermented food/drinks into your daily routine. You can also learn more Oct. 4th when I speak on this topic at Lemon Laine.