In modern times, problems with the spine are most people. Chondrosis is one of the most common diseases. It is diagnosed more than a third of the population. The infection usually occurs in people who celebrated its 50th anniversary, but begins to occur at 35 years of age, so it is important to start treatment of breast chondrosis as early as possible.
This disease is degeneration of the cartilage of the intervertebral discs, causing them to lose moisture, elasticity and become thinner. And this, in turn, leads to their gradual destruction. It is important to detect and treat the disease, because progression can lead to degenerative disc disease in which destruction of negative affect already own vertebrae. At the initial stage of a destructive process could be stopped after adequate treatment.
A sedentary lifestyle
This type of the disease is less common than chondrosis of the cervical or lumbar, due to the anatomy of the thorax and the fact that the vertebrae are less mobile and, due to the natural bending, the load is distributed evenly. However, if the disease occurs, there are some features: the disease is hard enough, but diagnosis is difficult because of vague symptoms.
Predisposing factors to the development of this disease include:
- excessive exercise;
- sedentary lifestyle (including sedentary work);
- flat feet;
- a long stay in an uncomfortable position;
- the irrational lifting;
- poor nutrition;
- sleep on mismatched mattresses and pillows.
The main treatment methods
When the disease is not only important to stop the process of destruction of the disk, but also to try to restore their structure, biochemical composition.
Therefore, the basic principle of therapy must be comprehensive and include:
- medical-physical systems.
If treatment of disease at the initial stage was not carried out, the disease may go into an acute form.
The person experiences the following symptoms:
- pain along the spine (stronger in the thoracic region, but are given to cervical and lumbar) that is caused by deterioration of intervertebral discs;
- numbness between shoulder-blade and left hand, usually after sleep or a long period of inactivity is associated with poor blood circulation in the thoracic spine;
- chest pain, radiating to the left arm, the appearance of needles. Cause also the deterioration of blood circulation and tightness of the intervertebral discs;
- pain at the top of the abdomen, which is an echo of pain. Often a person thinks that he developed pathology of the gastrointestinal tract.
Found effective remedy for pains and for the treatment of joints: Diagnosis is complicated by the fact that the symptoms are similar to signs of other diseases, such as heart disease.
When the pain in the chest or back is a result of chondrosis, not heart disease, it is impossible to remove with nitroglycerine.
- natural composition,
- with no side effects
- efficiency, proven expert,
- a quick result.
The treatment of the disease in the acute stage involves, first of all, restriction of movement, so you need to stay in bed and remove any physical activity, otherwise you can aggravate the situation.
Therapy aims to:
- elimination of pain;
- the removal of the inflammatory process;
- recovery of muscle tone;
- the prevention of complications;
- normalization of blood supply to the spine;
- improving the immune system.
It should be remembered that the presence of severe pain is an absolute contraindication to the use of therapeutic exercises and physiotherapy.Often in need of fast relief severe pain are injections using the techniques for blockade of the nerve impulse, due to this there is a rapid analgesic effect. Most often involved the blockade with the use of Novocaine and Lidocaine. Holding such manipulation can be trusted only to specialist as needed high precision and accuracy during the procedure.
Drug treatment is the use of various drugs:
- Analgesics and anti-inflammatories. Nonsteroidal medication at the same time relieve pain and fight inflammation, which worsen with the disease (Ketorol, Diclofenac, Voltaren). Them with care taken for gastritis or peptic ulcer disease. Steroid drugs in the form of injections used in intense pain, if the disease has become quite strong development. Medication in the form of tablets, for example Ibuprofen, Movalis, also designed for anesthesia.
- Muscle relaxants help relax muscles and reduce spasms and subside the pain and improves blood flow to the bones of the spine (the drug Mydocalm is often used together with Milgamma).
- Chondro – main active ingredient (glucosamine or chondroitin) is a component of cartilage. Promotes active restoration of damaged intervertebral discs and allows you to slow down the progression of the disease (Structum, teraflex, don, Artra).
- B vitamins allow you to normalize the power of the tissues and increase their recovery. Used complex drugs: Milgamma, Complian, Combilipen in the form of injections.
- Also used external medicines to relieve pain, restore circulation, eliminate ischemic tissues, enhancing lymphatic drainage (Finalgon, Diklak gel, Nise gel, etc.).
The period of remission
When the acute condition is relieved, move on to therapy chest of chondrosis in remission.
One component of the complex therapy is therapeutic exercise or exercises. The exercise is simple, can be performed even by elderly people. Additional equipment in the form of complex shells is also not required, so the exercises you can do at home.
Note the positive aspects of such physical education:
- the strengthening of a muscular corset;
- the curved alignment of the spine;
- the extension of the intervals between the vertebrae;
- improving blood supply to the brain;
- the release of entrapped nerve endings;
- preventing the development of complications.
What you need to remember, getting to the complex physical therapy:
- exercises should be done regularly, several times a day;
- try a long time to be without movement;
- to control his posture.
Exercises include various movements of the shoulders and joints of the body: the UPS and shoulder rotation, swing and rotation of the hands in a circle and crossing, lifts the body from a position on the back or stomach, with raised only shoulders and chest. Once you have mastered these simple exercises in the absence of contraindications, you can move on to more complex – for example, push-UPS. Exercises should be done regularly, several times a day.
Besides gymnastics you need to remember about the General simple rules, which can significantly ease the life with the disease:
- try not to be long without motion;
- to monitor the posture;
- sleep on an orthopedic mattress;
- to eat right;
- to normalize the weight;
- restrict activities types of activities that increase compression vertebral processes (Cycling, running, skiing, etc.).
Physiotherapy is widely used in the treatment of diseases of the spine and is a great complement drug therapy.
The method has many advantages:
- the action is aimed only at the outbreak of the disease, while other organs and tissue is not exposed to;
- physical therapy will not cause exacerbation of chronic diseases of the patient, if any;
- treatments contribute to improvement of the General state of the organism, normalize metabolism, improve immunity.
Principal physiotherapy when chondrosis thoracic:
- Detenzor therapy is the spine stretching using a special device. Detensor is a Mat that consists of soft, multi-directional ribs. Under the influence of the weight of the ribs gently apart, stretching the spine.
- Electrotherapy is based on the healing effect of electric current and fields.
- Laser therapy is based on the application of the optical radiation, the source of which is the low laser power. Its radiation triggers the various photophysical and photochemical processes in the body that contribute to self-chondrosis.
- Magnetic therapy is the launch of the low-frequency pulses of different duration, shape and periodicity, which have a restorative and renewing properties.
- Balneotherapy involves the use of therapeutic baths.
- Shock wave therapy stimulates the regenerative process in muscle and bone tissue. A special device forms a short, well-directed vibration impulses, which change the structural composition of damaged cells.
- Ultraviolet irradiation has a bactericidal effect, reduces inflammation, reduces pain syndrome.
One of the most effective non-pharmacological treatments massage. It affects the diseased area of the spine, muscles, skin and other structures.
Massage for breast chondrosis is lying or sitting on a soft couch. Thus, a technician can provide maximum exposure to a broad region. The muscles should be relaxed, warmed up before the start of the active phase of treatment. The area of the spine are massaged softly and gently, without sharp blows, using stroking movements. Then the therapist gradually transitions to intensive techniques, in circular movements with the grip of the muscles. Activated the entire surface of the back. Sudden movements undesirable.
For the relief of symptoms is also used cupping therapy. The effect is based on increasing blood flow, stress relief and tissue regeneration. Muscles warm up in the usual way, and then rubs oil or cream. From the banks burn the air and quickly attached to the back. She’s used to driving on the other side, where it was placed, avoiding the spine. This procedure is repeated on the other part.
Acupressure with breast chondrosis. Are exposed to the pain points and nerve endings. Session starts the same as the classic, stroking and warming. Then the therapist produces pressure on pain points. Use all parts of the spine. But in places affected by chondrosis remain cautious. At the end of the session, gently rubbing his back.
Before beginning a massage therapy, be sure to consult with your doctor in some cases this is contraindicated.
We must remember that the recipes of traditional medicine seeks only to alleviate the condition of the chondrosis. Their use in any case does not negate the complex medical and other treatment, which must appoint a physician.
There are many recipes of traditional medicine for the treatment of:
- To prepare the compress, you take 50 ml of aloe juice, mix with dry mustard (50 g), add 2 cups of vodka and 10 grams of propolis. A compress is done at night to ease the pain.
- Another poultice recipe is to mix honey mixed with raw grated potatoes. Applied to the affected area for 20-30 minutes.
- Recipe hot compress – half a Cup of aloe juice, a Cup of honey, one pod of red hot pepper, and half a liter of vodka. Insist 3 days. Apply to the affected area for 15 minutes. The remains of the composition is removed and lubricate the skin cream.
- For heating also use the tool on the basis of crushed garlic (200 g) and ethanol (0.5 l), which is infused for two weeks in a dark place. Tincture rubbed the affected zone.
- Another recipe infusion for grinding: wheat flour (1 tbsp.), softened butter (100 g), vinegar (not essences), raw egg. All components to mix and clean in a dark place for two days. Then remove the formed film and RUB into the problem area.
- Can help the use of broth from the celery root. It need to dry, take a few grams of the mixture pour 1.5 liters of water and put on low fire. Bring to the boil, then infuse for seven hours. Drink the decoction three times a day for 1 tablespoon.
- Since ancient times for the treatment of disease used kerosene. The two-hour wrap of this fuel on a daily basis for weeks can ease the condition.
- Also helps regular wearing the belt of wool.
Unfortunately, completely cure breast chondrosis is impossible. Tools in order to fully restore the crumbling cartilage, no. However, with proper treatment you can minimize the unwanted effects and stop the progression of the disease.