The disease has a chronic course with periodic exacerbations of different lengths. Attacks provoke increased physical activity and adverse climatic conditions.
Sciatica – a disease that affects the nervous system.
In this disease inflamed and compressed spinal nerves. This disease occurs quite often. Statistically, it mostly affects people between 35-50 years old. The main reason lies in the degenerative processes. Also pathology can affect the cervical and thoracic spine.
Today it is accepted that the sciatica is the result of degenerative disc disease. In conditions of malnutrition of the intervertebral discs begin structural changes. Progression process that reduces their height and weakened ligaments. To compensate for high mobility and prevent displacement at the edges of the vertebrae appear bony outgrowths – osteophytes.
Lumbar radiculitis is the set of manifestations that occur when the irritation or compression of spinal roots. It is not an independent disease, but a pathological process which is characterized by a secondary character. As injuries to soft tissues, there is a characteristic pain syndrome.
Also the reasons for the development of this pathology include the following:
- injuries of the spine;
- neoplastic lesions of the nervous system;
- arthritis and spondylolisthesis;
- inflammation in the paravertebral soft tissues;
- a metabolic process;
- autoimmune disorders;
- the systematic load on the spine;
- lack of exercise;
- genetic predisposition.
The appearance of a new attack of sciatica such factors:
- excessive exercise;
- viral disease;
- General intoxication of the organism;
- a sudden movement in the lower back.
Discogenic form of this disease is accompanied by severe pain, which spreads in the course of the pinched nerve endings.
At primary inspection to identify common symptoms:
- the tension of the dorsal muscles;
- local pain with pressure on the spinal processes;
- pallor and cold skin in the region of the injured nerve;
- excessive sweating;
- violation of skin sensitivity in the affected area;
- the weakening of the pulsations of the arteries, which pass through the foot.
In the first phase of development of the disease have these symptoms:
- Legas – is accompanied by a sudden increase in pain in the lower back, buttocks and the back of the thigh in the case if the person is lying on his back and lifts the limb, which was attended by discomfort;
- Spondylitis – manifests itself as a reflex flexion of the lower limb in the affected area when you change the horizontal position of the body in a seated;
- The Nerl – manifested in the form of increase back pain and hip when a sudden tilt of the head;
- Dejerine – is accompanied by an increase in discomfort when coughing and sneezing;
- Bonn – is smoothing the folds of the buttocks to the affected area.
Lumbosacral radiculopathy is accompanied by intense pain while walking, tilts and flips. Discomfort appears in the lumbar region and buttocks and then transferred to the Shin, foot and thigh.
In the second stage of the disease have these symptoms:
- sudden increase in back pain and leg with a sharp tilt of the head;
- progressive limitation of physical activity;
- sharp pain when trying to sit;
- severe pain along the back of the thigh when attempting to take away the affected limb;
- severe discomfort when pressing on the abdomen just below the navel;
- increase pain along the sciatic nerve, which arises when trying to push the straight leg on the bed surface.
To cure the disease, very important, timely diagnosis and appropriate therapeutic measures. For this purpose, use of medication, physiotherapy and therapy of folk remedies. All methods are aimed at relaxing the muscle tissue of lumbar, relief of pain and normalization of metabolic processes in the damaged region.
Found effective remedy for pains and for the treatment of joints:
- natural composition,
- with no side effects
- efficiency, proven expert,
- a quick result.
This includes medication, diet and means of physical therapy. Acute sciatica needs to be treated with such drugs:
- Dolobene dikloberl, or in the form of intramuscular injection, 1 times a day. This treatment continued for 5-7 days, then move on to pill – diklak, dicloberl. Therapy should last for 10-12 days.
- Mydocalm or taperer in the form of intramuscular injection, 2 times a day. Shots doing 10 days, then continue treatment in pill form. The treatment lasts 1 month.
- Neurobion in the form of intramuscular administration 1 time per day. The treatment lasts 10 days.
- Used-Forte-lactam for internal use 1 time a day. The drug is administered after the injections of neurobion for 1 month.
- Mucosal for intramuscular injection every other day. Therapy – 20 injections. After that, apply chondroitinsulfat in powder or tablets. This treatment lasts 3-6 months.
- Patch with diclofenac or Ketoprofen ointment over the lumbar region. Treatment lasts 5-7 days.
High efficiency with lumbar radiculitis have physiotherapeutic procedures.
Treatment includes the following components:
- massage of the lower back – you need to spend 10-20 sessions;
- the physical therapy sessions should last for 2-3 months;
- acupuncture – you should perform 15-20 procedures;
- electrophoresis in lower back – the first 5 days of using hydrocortisone, the second five days is applied lidocaine;
- magnetic therapy is required to conduct 10-12 sessions.
Lumbo-sacral radiculopathy requires adherence to a special diet. Need to eat often in small portions. It is important to abandon smoked, pickles, alcoholic beverages, fried and spicy food. Do not eat many sweets, drink coffee, tea and carbonated drinks.
If conservative treatment does not produce results, need to perform decompression of squeezed the spine. The operation is performed only if there is a pinched nerve.
At carrying out of surgery under General anesthesia perform incision of the soft tissues in the area of the lumbar spine. Then, identify the cause of compression and mechanically remove it.
The popular treatment
In the home use treatment of folk remedies. For this purpose you can use the black radish. The root should be cleaned and crushed using a blender. Attach to the lower back in the form of applications. Duration – 2-3 hours. The course lasts 10 days.
You can also use potatoes. You need to boil 4-5 potatoes until tender and mash. Apply to affected area in the form of applications within 10 days.
Lumbar radiculitis – a rather unpleasant disease, which is accompanied by intense pain and gives the person considerable discomfort. To prevent negative health effects, it is very important to consult a doctor.