If you are still wondering why you need to use a vitamin C serum or are confused about where to begin, start by reading this article. You have come to the right place. Read on to find out more.
Why Use A Vitamin C Serum?
Dermatologists, bloggers, and beauty enthusiasts around the world are raving about vitamin C. Why? It reduces fine lines, battles signs of aging, boosts collagen production, and protects you from free radicals. Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that soothes your skin and provides relief from skin burning caused by inflammation. It does all of this through just topical application.
Naturally, the most significant confusion lies in choosing a product based on its price and efficacy. But we cannot always take a product at its face value. Some factors can help you compare products before making a decision. Here’s what you need to know.
How To Choose the Best Vitamin C Serum
- First, look at the ingredients. Try to choose products that are not harsh and filled with too many chemicals. See if the product contains other ingredients that that complement vitamin C – like vitamins A and E, ascorbic acid, hyaluronic acid, ferulic acid, and other plant-based nutrients.
- Consider the potency of the serum. It should be at least 20-25% potent for it to show results.
- The pH level of the product is another important factor you need to consider while buying a serum. The serum should be slightly acidic to penetrate into your skin easily. The typical range is anywhere between 2 to 3.5, but you can even go up to 5 or 6 depending on your skin type.
- Your skin type plays a big role in choosing a serum. People with oily skin should choose a serum that contains L-ascorbic acid. Dry skin needs something with sodium and magnesium ascorbyl phosphate because they protect your skin from irritation, inflammation, and redness.
- Choose a serum that is colorless and odorless (unless it is naturally scented). Colored serums contain additives that bring down the effectiveness of the product.
- Be wary of cheap products as well as expensive ones that are not necessarily of good quality. Try and test out a few products before you finalize something that is tailor-made for you.
Now, that you know all the things you need to keep in mind when shopping for a vitamin C serum, let’s check out the best ones available on the market right now.
Top 15 Best Vitamin C Serums For Better Looking Skin
- Skinceuticals C E Ferulic Acid
- Drunk Elephant C-Tango Multivitamin Eye Cream
- Obagi Professional-C Serum
- Eminence Citrus And Kale Potent C + E Serum
- Dermadoctor Kakadu C 20% Vitamin C Serum With Ferulic Acid & Vitamin E
- Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum
- Vichy LiftActiv Vitamin C Skin Corrector
- Karuna Vitamin C + Pearls
- Peter Thomas Roth Potent-C Spot Brightener
- Kiehl’s Powerful Strength Line Reducing Concentrate With Vitamin C
- Clinique Fresh Pressed Daily Booster With Pure Vitamin C
- Eva Naturals Vitamin C Serum For Face
- NaturaBisse C+C Vitamin Eye
- Korres Wild Rose 15% Vitamin C Spotless Serum
- Sunday Riley C.E.O. Rapid Flash Brightening Serum
1. Skinceuticals C E Ferulic Acid
SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic tops every chart when it comes to vitamin C serums. It is potent and gives visible results. It is suitable for all skin types, seeps into your skin quickly, and is the perfect anti-aging solution. It is a blend of pure vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid) and ferulic acid that protect you from sun damage, repair wrinkles caused by photodamage, and reduce fine lines.