Changes in the oral mucosa can be superficial, do not leave scars, or deep, that are accompanied by large defects, ulceration. In this case, affected the upper layer of the stomach has many glands that secrete bicarbonate.
The inflammatory process inhibits their job because the disease is characterized by high acidity. Also cause hyperacidity condition – increase gastrin, which stimulates secretion of gastric juice.
Very rarely, the inflammatory process covers the whole stomach at once, often the lesion is localized in a specific area. Since there are cardial, antral, pyloric division, the bottom of the stomach, gastritis can affect each of them.
To distinguish these types using only the symptoms are difficult, but there are some signs that will help the problem. Surface (neuroticeski) gastritis of the antrum is often developed with minimal changes health. Because even a slight diarrhea phenomenon should alert the person. It is better to consult a doctor than to treat duodenitis, bulbit, and other complications.
The lower sphincter of the stomach connects to the duodenum. Before passing into the intestine, the food accumulates in the antrum, which is in the form of elongated formations resembling the antrum, that is the cave. Sounds exactly like the name in the Latin language. Because antral gastritis – inflammation of the lower part of the stomach.
In the stomach there are factors that irritate the mucous membrane, and protective mechanisms. In a healthy body, these two opposite sides are in equilibrium, that is, protection strong enough to resist the aggressive influences. At a superficial antral gastritis reduces the mucus, alkaline components, deteriorating the blood flow and the ability of cells to regenerate. Hydrochloric acid, pepsin, impaired motility of the organs of the digestive pyloric sphincter, reflux of bile into the stomach is all the annoying factors.
The causes of gastritis are varied, but the main role is withdrawn and the bacteria Helicobacter pylori. It is attached to the mucous membrane, with the help of enzymes bare portion of the stomach of mucus, bicarbonate, and hydrochloric acid to freely damage her. The main point in treatment is to combat this microorganism.
How to recognize the disease?
Feature antral gastritis is that it is often asymptomatic. Person concerned about the heaviness after eating, discomfort, and other symptoms. The examination revealed signs of inflammation, the disease requires treatment.
But in most cases the clinical picture includes:
- 1. Pain is a sign of inflammation and cellular damage with hydrochloric acid. The severity of discomfort depends on the phase of exacerbation or remission. In the first case, there is sharp, stabbing, severe pain. Also she is pulling stupid character.
- 2. Relationship with food. Food gets into the lower part of the stomach through an hour and a half, it stimulates the formation of hydrochloric acid, which explains the emergence of unpleasant feelings. In the fasted stomach pain syndrome is usually stronger, occurs at night. The reason for this is the damaging effects of acid on the mucosa.
- 3. Sour belching, heartburn occur when failure of the cardiac sphincter.
- 4. Nausea, in some cases, vomiting.
- 5. The symptoms of gastritis include bloating, heaviness, rumbling of the intestines, problems with the chair.
- 6. If you join bulbit or duodenitis, impaired absorption of nutrients that is causing skin dryness, brittle hair, nails, appearance of anemia.
- 7. Due to the disease, impaired General condition, a weakness, headache, fatigue, lack of appetite.
When even a single symptoms of superficial gastritis should consult a doctor. If it is another disease of the digestive system, timely initiation of treatment will accelerate the recovery. Required research methods:
1. Blood analysis (the General and biochemistry). Identification of leukocytosis, increased SOY, the appearance of acute phase proteins indicate the period of exacerbation. Bilirubin, albumin, transaminases will help determine the condition of the biliary tract and liver.
2. Coprogram. Undigested proteins, fats in the stool indicate the joining of bulbit, duodenitis, lesions of the pancreas.
3. The main method which you can use to see changes in the stomach and EGD. In the lower part there are foci of hyperemia, edematous mucosa. Areas of inflammation may be single or combined. Because the root cause – Helicobacter pylori, it is necessary to take a biopsy for study. The results will depend on the treatment a particular diet for gastritis. In the period of remission of the changes can be minimal.
4. To determine whether the bacteria are also using the urea breath test.
5. To select the proper treatment method, diet, you need to measure acidity. At a superficial gastritis with pH-metry determine the level of hydrochloric acid.
6. Ultrasound detects pathology of the pancreas, gallbladder, liver, this method is required for differential diagnosis with similar symptoms.
Only a doctor, given the research data, can make an accurate diagnosis. It is also important to consider the phase of exacerbation or remission to treatment selection.
In addition to drugs, plays an important role diet, folk remedies that will help cure the disease. Because doctor appointments are also dietary habits.
If discovered Helicobacter pylori, the main direction in the treatment of superficial gastritis, eradication therapy. For 2 weeks the patient takes antibiotics (clarithromycin, amoxicillin ), bismuth preparations, proton pump inhibitors (Omez, Proxium). Not earlier than four weeks, evaluate the effectiveness of treatment of antral gastritis.
Helicobacter pylori is transmitted by airborne droplets. To avoid reinfestation, it is necessary to examine relatives for the presence of this bacterium. Sometimes they have gastritis in remission, in this case to cure the disease very difficult.
- Tools that reduce acidity: proton pump inhibitors and histamine antagonists, along with diet.
- Antacids: Almagel, Aluminium Phosphate Gel.
2. Features power.
Diet for gastritis is aimed at minimal injury to the mucosa, the early restoration of the damaged areas.
- Regular meals will help to cure the disease much faster. Recommended small portions 5 times a day.
- Method of processing food plays an important role. Allowed to consume boiled foods, steamed.
- Eliminate fried, fatty, spicy.
- Food should be slightly warm. Not permitted hot or cold food.
- The basis of the diet – cereals, bread yesterday’s baking, lean meat, fish.
- Vegetables and fruits in the period of acute superficial gastritis needs to be baked. Crude consumed in the form of puree. To limit fiber-rich foods.
A good way is to use the recipes of traditional medicine.
1. The use of honey.
Honey reduces inflammation, relieves pain. You can eat the honey or its solution for a half hour before eating. In the form of heat it reduces acidity and normalizes the stomach. Two tablespoons dissolved in a glass heated to 45-50 °C water in small SIPS to drink. This is a safe way to relieve pain.
2. Potato juice.
A raw potato rubbed on a grater, squeeze through cheesecloth juice. Start taking recommend 1 tablespoon on an empty stomach, increasing the amount to half a Cup. This popular method is used in the acidity, only with the permission of the doctor.
3. Yarrow tea.
The drink is a good way to relieve the spasm, and heartburn, to reduce acidity. Two teaspoons of flowers pour boiling water. Brew, to drink in the evening before bedtime or in the morning.
Symptoms of antral gastritis is weak, but you can’t ignore this disease to self-medicate. Thus you risk to aggravate the situation, which will lead to complications. Only the doctor will choose an effective treatment method, pick a diet. Completing appointment specialist, you can forget about problems with digestion.