Functional and stomach cramps are common in people of young age and usually is caused by tension of nervous system. In addition, their reasons are associated with unhealthy lifestyle, allergies, use of low quality products.
Find out the causes
Usually cramps are felt in the center of the abdomen or closer to the left side. They are functional or organic. Organic stomach cramps occur in people in adulthood. Sometimes they are the signs of intestinal colic.
With this disorder often cause serious diseases:
- erosive, ulcerative changes of the mucosa of the stomach and duodenum;
The initial symptoms are spasms in the stomach it is noted dull pain in the epigastric region. Pain caused by jerks can be so bad that the reflexive takes a flexed position, in which it becomes much easier. He develops the urge to vomit, nausea. Duration of attacks can vary from several seconds to minutes.
If the pain is regular, must be examined, only after a complete diagnosis can be argued, what exactly provokes spasms of the stomach and intestines, and to assign appropriate treatment.
Causes functional spasms:
1. poisoning substandard products or chemicals;
2. improper diet (consumption of fatty, hot or cold foods, quick meals, starvation, overeating);
4. strong coffee or tea;
5. some medications;
7. foods that cause allergies;
8. stress, depression, neurosis;
9. injuries to the abdomen;
Secondary causes of spasm:
- disorders in the kidneys;
- kidney stones;
- menstrual cycle;
- ectopic pregnancy;
- diseases of the female reproductive system;
Discomfort in pregnancy
Pregnant women need to be very careful with the appearance of the first symptoms.
Not only that, pain in the stomach cramps they can occur for the same reasons that everyone else, in some cases cramps occur in special circumstances, we should pay attention:
- increasing levels of progesterone (in the first months of pregnancy);
- cramping after meals and heartburn for the last months of pregnancy may occur as a result of pressure of the uterus on the stomach;
- stomach cramps also confused with the contraction of uterine muscle that occur when the threat to the fetus, and false contractions.
In any case, a pregnant woman nothing better to do with their health independently. Give advice and prescribe treatment the experienced doctor.
Diseases in children and adults
Children under one year stomach discomfort experience during the formation of the digestive system. During this period, they have trouble sleeping, become Moody, they be changes in the stool (appear constipation or diarrhea). But there are specific symptoms of disease such as pyloric stenosis. In this case, pain in a child can be due to disorders of the neuromuscular apparatus of the pyloric part of the stomach. Treatment involves diet and medication.
The main causes of spasms of the stomach and intestines in children:
- pyloric stenosis;
- lactase deficiency;
If cramps in the stomach in adults is accompanied by diarrhea is a sign of the following diseases:
1. irritable bowel syndrome;
2. intestinal infection;
3. pancreatitis, pancreatic colic (give pain in the back, collarbone and scapula, often felt on the left, possibly fever and nausea).
Pain in the lower abdomen, especially on the right, accompany appendicitis. But first, painful jerks can be felt in the epigastric area. Spasms in the stomach can also be symptoms of intestinal and biliary colic.
Signs of other disorders:
- acute gastritis;
- ulcerative colitis;
- peptic ulcer;
Also often appear cramps due to nervous breakdown. For impressionable people enough stress, so they began the attack. He can pass quickly, but sometimes takes up to several hours. Cramps in the stomach mostly occur during starvation, while the man usually with hostility or indifference looking for food.
When to see a doctor?
Frequent spasmodic pains in the stomach should consult a specialist – a gastroenterologist or neurologist. Need to worry if the seizures are accompanied by diarrhea, fever, General weakness, dizziness, vomiting, increased heart and yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes. Women should immediately call the “Ambulance” for bleeding from the vagina. This applies to all, if seizures began shortly after the injury or cause unbearable pain.
To put off going to the doctor and special treatment is permitted only when the stomach pain quickly subsides. In stressful situations do not have to run on inspection, it is better to try to calm down; to deal with colic help breathing practices: breathing should be fast, but the breaths should be deep. When the urge to vomit is not recommended to eat within 6 hours. You can eat soft mashed foods, fresh crackers, and spicy, dairy, fatty and acidic should be deleted.
Medicines and folk remedies
If you don’t know what to do with cramps that do not self-medicate. You can alleviate their condition by taking pain drugs: no-Spa, Spazmalgon or Almagel.
Treatment of spasms of folk remedies. To make such infusions is quite simple.
1. Good help tea of mint. Need for half an hour to insist in two hundred milliliters of boiling water 2-3 teaspoons of dried mint leaves. Use the infusion as welding, diluting in equal proportions with warm water.
2. In a glass infusion take a tablespoon of chamomile flowers and yarrow, they pour boiling water and wait for half an hour. Warm herbal tea to drink a SIP during disease States.
3. When severe stomach pains helps fresh juice motherwort. One teaspoon of juice mixed with fifty milliliters of warm water and drink immediately.
4. Spasms of the stomach and intestines pass in the admission of tincture of celandine. Green grass pour vodka in equal parts, then tightly stoppered and allowed to stand for 9 days. Drink 1 tsp funds.