The medications under consideration have practically no differences. This is the same medicine, but under different patented trade names. Their only difference is the price category and the country of origin. Lasix has Indian production, so its price is slightly higher, it is 40-100 rubles. You can buy an analogue of domestic or Belarusian production, the cost is from 18 to 40 rubles per package, which is its advantage.
One tool can be replaced by another, there will be no fundamental difference in effectiveness. Therefore, many choose a cheaper Russian counterpart. But before replacing it is necessary to familiarize yourself with the instructions for use.
Their main advantage is the peculiarity of the effect on the body. Unlike other drugs, they do not increase cholesterol, do not contribute to the development of diabetes. But, despite this, they can have undesirable side reactions. Their use is permissible only after consultation with a specialist.
You cannot prescribe diuretics to yourself, it can cause serious harm to the body. This is especially true for women who prefer to purchase such products in order to reduce excess weight, without thinking about the consequences. Treatment begins only after a comprehensive examination, all tests and an accurate diagnosis.
In order to remove excess water from the body with edema of various kinds, it uses medications. The most popular among them are Lasix and Furosemide, which increase urination .
Characteristic of the drug Lasix
It is a diuretic with speed and a strong effect. It is used in cardiology to get rid of edema caused by heart failure, as well as many other areas of medicine. Some people use it for other purposes – in order to quickly get rid of excess weight .
The following main indications for use are distinguished:
- Edema caused by chronic heart failure of the second or third degree.
- Syndrome of increased blood pressure of a severe form.
- A condition that arose due to a sharp increase in pressure, accompanied by severe clinical manifestations.
- A pathology that develops as a result of impaired blood flow and an increase in blood pressure in the portal vein.
- Edema caused by cirrhosis and kidney disease.
- Massive proteinuria.
- An excess of calcium in the body.
- Swelling of the lungs and brain.
- Forced diuresis.
The most popular form of release is oral tablets, but there are also injections for intravenous and intramuscular administration. The effect occurs almost instantly – 10 minutes after the injection, 20-50 minutes after the use of tablets. The duration of action lasts from 3 to 5 hours .
It is forbidden to use if there are contraindications:
- Significant lack of vitamins, trace elements.
- The absence of urine in the bladder with renal failure.
- Acute inflammation of the glomeruli of the kidneys of an autoimmune or infectious-allergic nature:
- Narrowing the lumen of the urethra and impaired urinary outflow.
- Urolithiasis disease.
- Narrowing the bicuspid valve.
- Isolated myocardial damage.
- Low pressure.
- Violation of the water-salt balance.
- Hypersensitivity to incoming components.
During pregnancy, admission is possible only for a short period of time and according to strict indications. Breastfeeding at the time of admission should be suspended.
Characterization of the drug Furosemide
It is a powerful action diuretic, designed to remove stagnant urine, reduce edema in kidney pathologies. Its feature is a very fast, but short-term diuretic effect, which occurs due to the effect on the thick section of the segment.
It is used in the presence of diseases:
- A sharp increase in blood pressure.
- Edema formed due to renal failure of the second or third stage, increased protein in the urine, circulatory system disorders of the liver vessels.
- Excess calcium.
- Excessive accumulation of brain fluid.
- A critical form of toxicosis in late pregnancy.
- Pronounced intoxication with poisoning.
Available in tablet and injection form. With oral administration, the result occurs after 20 minutes , and with injection, after 10 minutes . The maximum is reached after an hour and lasts several hours.
It is not recommended for use with the following problems:
- The risk of coronary heart disease.
- Low blood pressure due to poor circulation.
- Persistent increase in blood glucose.
- Severe liver disease.
- Damage to the arteries of the brain with cholesterol plaques.
- Reduced protein.
- Low trace element.
- Increased uric acid.
- Individual intolerance to the components.
During intake, a sharp decrease in potassium levels may occur , therefore, it is necessary to regularly take a blood test to monitor. This is especially true for older people, as well as dieters.
What are the drugs like?
Due to the content of the same active component, they can be considered absolute analogues of each other . Both drugs belong to the same pharmacological group, have common indications, contraindications, side effects, as well as the same form of release – tablets and injections. In addition, they have the same duration of exposure to the body and effectiveness.