From the moment of birth, the baby begins to actively adapt to life outside the mother’s body. This is especially true of the digestive tract, because during the first months the intestines of the crumbs are not able to cope with the digestion of the food entering it, responding to the accumulation of gases. This is nothing but colic, giving the child and his parents discomfort. Moms are looking for a way to alleviate the condition of the baby, and dill water for newborns comes to the rescue.
In the modern world, there are many drugs that eliminate the accumulation of gases in the intestinal lumen. However, not all of them are suitable for young children. And the use of dill water helps newborns quickly get rid of unpleasant symptoms, having a beneficial effect on the whole body.
What are the benefits of dill water for infants?
Dill water designed to eliminate bloating in the newborn is based on fennel seeds. This tool can be used literally from the first day of life.
Additional advantages of dill water for newborns are:
- The ability to relieve spasms of the smooth muscles of the intestines, relaxing it and reducing pressure on the walls.
- Help in getting rid of colic in infants, removing fermentation products from the body.
- A vasodilating property that stimulates blood flow to organs.
- Improvements in lactation in the mother during breastfeeding.
- Stimulation of appetite.
- Dill water for babies has diuretic and choleretic properties.
- Stabilization of the cardiovascular system and kidneys.
- Help in getting rid of constipation in infants.
- Normalization of sleep.
Instructions for the use of dill water for newborns indicate that it copes with colic, eliminating unpleasant symptoms and removing accumulated gases from the intestinal lumen.
This tool has been in demand for many years. The regular use of such water helps to expand the lumen of the bronchi and eliminates sputum without harming the children’s body.
Buy or cook at home?
It is important to know that dill water for newborns requires preparation in a specialized pharmacy. Therefore, it is currently quite difficult to purchase a finished product. However, do not despair – you can prepare dill water for newborns without difficulty yourself, at home. This will require fennel seeds sold in pharmacies or stores. Fresh dill is also suitable, but only if it is grown in your own garden.
Dill water for newborns at home is simple and quick, without requiring special efforts from mom.
There are several recipes for dill water for newborns:
- Pour a teaspoon of fennel seeds into a glass, previously grinding them with a blender. Pour boiled water. The broth should be infused for at least 50-60 minutes. Then you should strain the resulting liquid. The product is ready to use.
- It happens that parents can not find fennel in stores. Then dill seeds for newborns come to the rescue, the recipe for such water is very simple. A teaspoon of seeds is poured into a glass of boiling water. Next, the broth must be allowed to infuse, and then strain.
- If there are no seeds, you can make dill tea for newborns. A small amount of freshly washed greens should be brewed with boiling water and let it brew for 60 minutes. Then strain through a sieve. It is important to remember that only fresh dill grown at home can be brewed.
- You can prepare dill water for a newborn both from seeds and using essential oils sold in pharmacies. Only a few drops are taken per liter of purified boiled water.
Before choosing a method for preparing water for newborns, it is advisable to consult a pediatrician. The doctor will tell you how to brew dill, seeds or fresh herbs, and give recommendations about the dosage. If the product was purchased at a pharmacy, you can use the instructions for use.
How to give dill water to the baby correctly and in what quantities?
Parents are often interested in how to give dill water to a baby. Such questions are justified, because even such a useful remedy if used improperly can lead to serious consequences.
There are several recommendations regarding how to give dill water to a newborn:
- Dill broth is not the best “dish” for newborns: infants often do not want to drink a tasteless liquid, spitting it out. Therefore, you can buy dill water for babies in a pharmacy or prepare it yourself from dill seeds, diluting with breast milk immediately before use.
- After the mother brewed dill for the newborn, she can add a certain amount of the received product to a bottle with ordinary water. However, not every little one likes this method. Some parents add the product to the adapted mixture during artificial feeding.
- The dosage of dill water for newborns is determined by the doctor. Moms and dads should remember that experimenting with the health of crumbs, prescribing this remedy on their own, is impossible.
- Parents are interested in how much dill water should be given to the newborn. Typically, the dosage is 1 teaspoon at a time.
- The question of how much to give dill water per day to a newborn is decided by the doctor. Often they begin with a three-time use of the drug, over time increasing the number of doses up to 5-7 times a day, while observing the reaction of the baby.
It is important to remember that changing the dosage of dill water for newborns is highly not recommended. Despite the many useful qualities, the tool is able to provoke allergies and other reactions. Therefore, if the baby has colic, the mother should definitely ask the doctor how much dill water to give the newborn child and how many doses per day are necessary.
Are there any contraindications?
Contraindications are not only medicines, but also herbal remedies, prepared at home. Therefore, before buying in a pharmacy or making dill water for a newborn on her own, mother should talk with a pediatrician.
Dill tea and infusions are not recommended in the following cases:
- For newborns with individual intolerance to dill seeds.
- With low blood pressure. It is known that dill for newborns, used for colic, has a vasodilating effect. Therefore, hypotension is considered a contraindication.
- If you are allergic to dill in a nursing mother.
It is equally important to know how much dill water to give to a newborn. In case of overdose, violations of the general condition of the baby, dyspeptic symptoms, sleep disturbances can be observed. The optimal amount is 1 teaspoon 3-5 times a day.
What to do if you have an allergy?
Instructions for use indicate that newborns may develop an allergy to dill water, accompanied by the appearance of a rash on the skin, vomiting, diarrhea, difficulty breathing. If any of these symptoms occur, you should stop using the product and immediately consult a doctor. Enterosorbents that help accelerate the removal of harmful substances from the digestive tract can be given in crumbs.
It is important to remember that allergy to dill water in newborns is a serious manifestation that requires urgent care. Therefore, it is impossible to ignore the problem, hoping that the symptoms disappear on their own. Self-medication, which can only aggravate the situation, is not recommended.
Since ancient times, fennel was considered one of the best means of relieving children from colic. There are many recommendations on how to make dill water for the newborn yourself, alleviating the condition of the crumbs.
This tool has many positive effects that affect all organs and systems. It is only necessary to find out from the pediatrician how to prepare dill water for the child, inquiring about the dosages and possible adverse reactions. This will help the baby and parents forget about the unpleasant manifestations of bloating, enjoying every day.