In August of 2018 Kevin Dutton (Kevin Dutton) from the University of Oxford (University of Oxford) estimated that U.S. President Donald trump “above Adolf Hitler” on a standard scale used to measure the potential of psychopathy in adults, according to Phys.org. Despite the fact that it looks like a classic clickbar, trump really is possible to find a number of symptoms, which usually draw the attention of clinical psychologists in the diagnosis of psychopathy and sociopathy. As, however, and most of us.
Speaking of psychopathy and sociopathy: psychiatrists and criminologists sometimes use these terms interchangeably, but most experts agree that they are different things. In fact, most people have signs of psychopathic personality, such as the shallowness of judgment, a strange gleam in his eyes or irresponsible sexual behavior. Which, of course, doesn’t make you a psychopath.
In this case a political leader, that characteristics of psychopathy may be even more. Simply because, according to research, the maximum number of psychopaths “hiding” among the leaders. For example, according to a study conducted by bond University (Bond University) in Australia, from 3% to 21% of managers are likely to be psychopaths, while the background level of psychopathy in normal populations is about 1%.
The standard screening test here is a questionnaire to identify the Robert Haar psychopathy (Hare Psychopathy Checklist Revised, PCL-R). In this test, the doctor evaluates potential psychopaths on 20 criteria, where each manifestation, in turn, is evaluated on a 3-point scale. Evaluations are summarized, after which the person is assigned a “rating” from 0 to 40. It is believed that anyone whose rating is 30 points higher, has mental problems and a penchant for psychopathy.
Despite the fact that for an adequate result, the testing must be conducted by a specialist, it is in the public domain. Ready to test your tendency to psychopathy?
Below are twenty questions that will help you with this.
- How do you think you have superficial charm?
- And an exaggerated sense of self-esteem?
- How about excessive needs for stimulation or tendency toward procrastination?
- You are a pathological liar?
- How often do you manipulate people?
- You tend to lack remorse for their actions or guilt at all?
- Do you always show emotions, if the emotional reaction is appropriate?
- You’re heartless or you lack empathy?
- Do you tend to lead a parasitic way of life?
- You can’t control your behavior?
- Do you tend to sexual relationships?
- When you were a child, did you have behavior problems?
- You lack realistic long-term goals in life?
- Are you too impulsive?
- How high is your level of irresponsibility?
- How often do you shift responsibility for your own actions on others?
- Can you say that you had a lot of short-term, but it is a serious relationship?
- If you have made any offense in adolescence?
- Have you ever violated the probation period given to you to correct the behavior?
- You demonstrate “criminal versatility”, understood as the ability to perform both small and major crime?