Allergy is one of the most unpleasant manifestations of the defense reaction of the organism. Depending on the sensitivity of specific bodies, it can arise to any food, including those most popular such as eggs. Often this is due not only to genetic predisposition of the body and weakening of the immune system, but also with environmental degradation in General.
Signs and symptoms of allergies to eggs can not occur immediately. Sometimes a similar phenomenon occurs in human after a few years as a result of long-term negative impact of factors internal and external environment.
The egg is one of the most complex in terms of chemical composition of animal products. Due to the large number of different nutrients and proteins, this product may cause allergic reactions of varying intensity.
Most often, experts note increased sensitivity in many patients of different ages to the eggs contained in the ovalbumin and ovomucoid. The specific activity of the immune cells provoke lysozyme and konalbumin also present in eggs in high quantities.
The main allergen in this food product is considered to be the protein albumin, which occurs due to the binding of molecules in living organisms. Once in the stomach of a patient, it stimulates active production of antibodies.
Experts note that boiled eggs provoke fewer Allergy symptoms. Additionally, some product types, such as quail eggs, are considered safe and are available to eat in small quantities, even those that can not tolerate egg whites.
Risk factors for Allergy
There are several negative factors that doctors considered to be dangerous and could trigger the body to develop allergic reactions to products that previously did not cause difficulty in use. Such risk factors include:
- atopic dermatological diseases;
- genetic predisposition. If the parent had an Allergy to eggs in adulthood, then later the child can also acquire a similar reaction of the organism;
- bad habits. Alcohol and tobacco are poisons for the body, which is wasting a large amount of their forces to fight regular intoxication. In some cases, the immune system weakens so that it begins the usual foods taken as allergens;
- reduced immunity due to diseases, surgical procedures, constant stress, hormonal changes within the body (puberty, pregnancy, menopause);
- the children’s age. The emerging body is very sensitive to various kinds of active substances and may react allergic manifestations harmless for any dish containing eggs.
The presence of one or more of the above listed factors can contribute to the development of food Allergy, which were not previously observed in a specific clinical case.
Signs and symptoms of an Allergy to eggs
Allergic reaction to eggs can occur immediately or occur after repeated use of this food product in the food. The immune response can have dangerous consequences. In order to prevent further deterioration, it is important to know what signs and symptoms accompany an allergic attack:
- Manifestations on the skin:
- small itchy rashes;
- local redness of the skin;
- peeling of the top layer of the epidermis;
- The reaction of the organs of vision:
- redness of the eyes due to swelling and expansion of blood vessels;
- watery eyes;
- itchy eyes, foreign body sensation, “sand”;
- Symptoms of the respiratory system:
- Symptoms of nervous system:
- trembling of the hands;
- noise in the ears;
- drowsiness, lethargy;
- anaphylactic shock;
If you experience any of the signs you should immediately consult a doctor.
Why the Allergy is considered dangerous
The immune response in allergic reactions can be very dangerous to health and life of the patient. The most difficult to cope with angioedema — a very rapidly developing swelling. It can be observed on the face, neck, lymph nodes, respiratory tract.
During the angioedema, the patient may feel like his skin is slowly stretched. The skin will get different shades from pale pink to reddish, with strongly starting to Shine. This type of edema is very dangerous, because in addition to swelling of the face, there is a serious difficulty in breathing. If the patient with these symptoms will not be immediately rendered aid, he could die from suffocation.
In addition to the swelling there is a danger of allergic anaphylactic shock. It is the result of a direct interaction of immune cells with the nervous system of the patient. As a result, the sensitivity is significantly increased, which leads to uncontrolled reactions. The main symptoms of anaphylactic shock are: sudden fever, severe pain in the abdomen, vomiting, swelling of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity, a significant drop in blood pressure. Gradually, anaphylactic shock develops edema of the bronchi, larynx, provoking shortness of breath. Prolonged stay in this condition leads to death.
When the first signs of Allergy should consult an allergist to undergo special medical tests that reveal the presence of immune response of the body to any product. In order to determine what exactly caused the Allergy, the doctor will conduct the following diagnostic methods:
- a thorough examination of the patient;
- a survey history
- laboratory identification tests for specific allergens.
Thanks to the precise cutting-edge devices and active substances the doctor in a fairly short period of time determines what triggered a food Allergy and corrects daily menu so that gives you this negative reaction product was most eliminated from the diet.
What foods not to eat if you are allergic to eggs
Eggs like chicken and pipeline and freeze-dried part of a large number of foods. They are an essential ingredient for many dishes, they have a lot of fatty acids and other natural body chemicals. Those who suffer from allergies to eggs should avoid the following foods as they may contain components of eggs or egg proteins:
- bread crumb;
- gourmet coffees;
- meatloaf, meatballs;
- a dressing for second dishes or cold salads;
- ice cream.
The main treatment of Allergy is a partial or complete elimination of provoking factors from your daily diet. In some cases doctors also recommend to remove from the menu any dish of chicken for the period of recovery.
Medication allergic to eggs
To completely get rid of became allergic it will not work, the patient will have to limit yourself to eating foods containing eggs and egg whites. Medicines are mainly used in order to stop Allergy symptoms during the acute stage.
Doctors prescribed Allergy drugs from the following groups:
- antihistamines (claritin, Sucking, Aerius, Zyrtec, Zodak). Cropped the body’s immune response to the penetration of irritants and inhibit the further development of the adverse reaction of fat cells to the presence of the allergen;
- vasoconstrictor drops (Glycine, Allergy, Nazivin, Nasonex). Prevent the development of edema of the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract, provoking the narrowing and elimination of hyperemia of the mucous membranes;
- dermatological ointments to relieve itching, urticaria, skin oedema (Oksikort, Ftorokort, Akriderm, Elokom, Advantan);
- chelators (Smectite, White Coal, Filtrum -STI Enterosgel). Able to absorb toxic substances in the intestine, blocking their annoying chemical activity and slowly remove them from the body naturally;
- in cases when the Allergy attack has serious consequences and severely threatens the physical condition of the patient, doctors recommend the use of hormonal drugs for internal use, to stimulate the body to self-suppression of allergies (Dexamethasone, Prednisone);
- hospital when angioedema and anaphylactic shocks doctors use antihistamine and hormonal agents intravenous drip or through injections for the fastest effect.
The patient will need throughout the course, lasting approximately two weeks, not only to take the prescribed drugs, but also to carefully follow the mode of the day and part of the daily menu. Attentive to their health will help in the future to avoid the signs of Allergy to eggs. With proper nutrition in the future this product can even be eaten in small quantities.
Irina Kuznetsova, medical columnist