Quality treatment of giardiasis is impossible without adherence to the specialized diet. As Giardia that cause disease are living organisms, diet affects them depressing. Consequently, its observance is no less important than the prescribing.
General information about giardiasis
Giardiasis is a microscopic protozoa called flagellates of the class – Lamblia Intestinalis Jiardia. Microorganisms getting into the human body orally, in the way pretty quickly multiply in the small intestine. The molecules of carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals, laminating on the smallest faction in the villi of the small intestine, are food for Giardia. For this reason, the body experiences severe lack of these substances essential for its normal development. Deficiency manifests as symptoms of lack of vitamins and minerals, and overall body weight.
During the active breeding number of Giardia is greatly increased and the injury of the mucosa of the small intestine, impaired production of the enzymes responsible for the digestion. If giardiasis is not cured within a few months, the disease leads to more serious violations. In the gastrointestinal tract for development of various chronic inflammatory processes and serious disorders of the digestive system (diarrhea, constipation, flatulence, irritable bowel syndrome, enteritis, and so on). Waste products of Giardia can cause skin diseases, allergies, various disorders of the nervous and cardiovascular systems.
Giardia cysts can be in the water, soil, fruits and vegetables. Failure to comply with sanitary norms and rules of personal hygiene, with unwashed hands, the causative agent enters through the mouth into the gastrointestinal tract of man. Cockroaches and flies can contribute to the contamination of food products. Giardiasis flowing freely, without proper treatment may continue for many years.
The process of treatment of this disease consists of three stages, running one after the other after achieving the result of each individual stage:
- The first stage is the struggle with the intoxication of the body, strengthens overall immunity, is a restorative therapy that provides the opportunity to create internal conditions least favorable for a comfortable reproduction of the parasites.
- In the second phase, all efforts directed at the destruction of parasitic organisms using medicinal drugs.
- The third stage is entirely directed at strengthening the positive results. Continues immunostimulatory therapy, maintaining an unfavorable environment for Giardia.
At all stages of treatment, diet plays a huge role. After all, without it is absolutely impossible to create the conditions, not suitable for reproduction and life of the parasites. Diet in combination with other prevention methods can prevent recurrence of the disease.
General principles of diet for giardiasis
Diet for giardiasis usually appointed for the entire period of treatment and recovery, the duration of which, as a rule, does not exceed four months.
There are some recommendations from doctors to patients who are in the period of the treatment of the above diseases:
- As a garnish recommended a variety of cereal, cooked with water (buckwheat, barley, rice, corn, oats). You can eat boiled potatoes.
- Recommended fish or lean meat, which is prepared steamed, stewed, boiled or baked.
- For the preparation of the first dishes are recommended for light soups, vegetables, chicken, Turkey.
- Of fat allowed the use of vegetable oils.
- In order to deal with dysbiosis are recommended low-fat dairy products.
- Very useful fresh vegetables and fruit sour varieties (currants, sour apples, cherries, blueberries, cranberries, lingonberries, blackberries, kiwi, cranberry, strawberry, citrus), stewed without sugar, fruit drinks.
Should eat frequent, small meals. If there is a desire to sweeten food, it is recommended to use sugar substitutes do not contain carbohydrates. Very healthy, organic birch SAP, and choleretic herbs.
But there is a list of foods that promotes the growth and development of Giardia, and their use is highly undesirable. These foods include breads and pastries, flour products of any kind. Unwanted semolina and sweets. Under the ban are sweet fruits (watermelons, melons, grapes, peaches, bananas), milk and milk soups with cereals, prepared foods containing starch (pate, sausage, sausage, etc.). In General, junk foods that contain large amounts of carbohydrates.
Given the fact that a sick person the bowel is in an irritable and inflamed condition, to exclude products that increase irritation and cause flatulence. These include any smoked products, canned food, various fast food restaurants, radish, onion, garlic, horseradish, pepper, hot spices, soda, beans.
These recommendations must be observed throughout the treatment period, and then giardiasis should disappear without serious consequences for the person.
Yana Aleksandrovna Tsygankova, medical columnist, the therapist of the highest qualification category