The drugs in question belong to one pharmacological group of hepatoprotectors . They are used to maintain and treat liver pathologies, restore its structure, and improve functionality.
Both medicines are in tablet form.
Despite the similarities presented, the preparations have differences:
- Composition . This is their main difference. The active ingredient of the drug Maksar is a plant component, due to which the effect is softer, and the risk of adverse reactions is reduced. Heptral has a chemical origin.
- Country of origin . The first product has domestic production, the second is manufactured in Germany.
- Price category . The cost of the Russian drug, depending on the dosage, is 230-1000 rubles . A German remedy will cost much more – from 1700 to 2000 rubles . Therefore, in this case, Maksar has an advantage.
Experts say that Maksar is more suitable for treating the liver in remission. In severe inflammatory processes, heptral is usually prescribed. This is due to the fact that herbal medicine can not cope with complex pathologies, especially in emergency cases.
The liver is the most important organ in the body. Therefore, you must regularly take care of her health, eat healthy food, drink plenty of clean water. After the onset of the first unpleasant symptoms, you should immediately consult a doctor. Timely prescribed treatment will help prevent possible complications.
The liver is susceptible to a large number of different pathologies. It has a significant impact on medication, poor nutrition and much more. To restore the functions of this organ, hepatoprotectors are used. Maksar and Heptral are very popular among them.
Characteristic of the drug Maksar
It is a hepatoprotector of plant origin . Its therapeutic effect is due to the complex of biological substances of the dried extract obtained from Amur acacia wood. Excipients include glucose, potato starch, cellulose, magnesium stearate. It is available in the form of film-coated tablets.
It performs the following functions:
- Prevents the destruction of cell membranes.
- Increases bile secretion.
- Improves the tone of the ducts and gall bladder.
- Reduces the number of necrotic hepatocytes.
- Eliminates protein, fatty degeneration of the liver tissue.
- Suppresses oxidative degradation of fats.
- It inhibits the proliferation of connective tissue.
- Increases the excretory function of the liver.
- It supplies cells with energy.
- Reduces hepatic blood counts.
- It has anti-inflammatory effect.
- Lowers cholesterol.
The main indications for the use of this tool are:
- Acute or chronic hepatitis.
- Disturbed blood circulation in the system of hepatic vessels.
- Bile duct dysfunction.
- The degeneration of functional cells into adipose tissue.
- Syndrome of biliary stagnation.
Contraindicated in the presence of the following factors:
- Individual intolerance to the components.
- The period of gestation, breastfeeding.
- Gallstone disease at the acute stage.
- Persons under the age of eighteen.
The course of treatment is 4 weeks . If necessary, it can be extended as recommended by a doctor. During the reception, there are practically no side effects, an allergic reaction may be an exception. It does not affect the management of vehicles and work requiring increased concentration of attention. It is released according to the prescription form of the doctor.
Characterization of the drug Heptral
It is a drug that supports the health of the liver, restores its tissues, and also has antidepressant activity. It is available in the form of tablets coated with a film and enteric coating, as well as a lyophilisate for the preparation of a solution for intravenous and intramuscular injection.
It has the following properties:
- Strengthens the tone of the gallbladder.
- Increases the concentration of bile acids.
- Protects organ from fibrosis.
- Destroys toxic substances.
- Provides regeneration.
- Protects cells from oxidation.
- It plays a major role in the metabolism of the body.
- Takes part in major biochemical reactions.
- Increases amino acid content.
- Reduces acid toxicity.
Indications for use of this drug are:
- A decrease in the flow of bile into the duodenum.
- Fatty degeneration of the organ.
- Hepatitis of the chronic stage.
- Toxic liver damage of various kinds, including alcohol poisoning, medications.
- Chronic cholecystitis.
- Inflammation of the ducts.
- Brain damage associated with liver failure.
- Depression, fatigue caused by organ pathologies.
- Genetic disorders.
- Affective insanity.
- Age to eighteen.
- High sensitivity to the constituent substances.
Use with caution during pregnancy, as well as during the period of breastfeeding, if the therapeutic effect exceeds the potential risk to the baby.
During reception, side effects may occur:
- Feeling of anxiety, insomnia, blurred consciousness.
- Dizziness, migraine.
- Sensation of burning, tingling, creeping goosebumps.
- Disorders of taste buds.
- Violation of the stool, abdominal pain.
- Bloating, heartburn, nausea, vomiting.
- Skin rashes, itching, urticaria.
- Joint pains, muscle cramps.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome.