Timely treatment of diseases of the nervous system is not only an important, but also a well-considered step. The health of the human body as a whole depends on this decision. Drug treatment is justified and gives good results.
When choosing a medicine, it is necessary to carefully study the composition, indications for use, contraindications and side effects. From this point of view, Afobazole is the safest and most modern. But if you need an emergency solution to the problem, or itching and burning are too worried, give preference to Atarax. Both drugs are widely used and have proven effective in combating stress and other ailments.
Human health depends on many factors. This is not only the right way of life, but also the right way of thinking. Balanced nutrition, sports, vigorous activity, the state of the environment, a comfortable environment at work and at home, stability of state of mind, harmony and peace. And this is not a complete list that determines the health status of each of us.
Recently, more and more often we hear about the negative effects of stress. In fact, this is a protective reaction of our body to external stimuli. And the modern world is rich in them. Imbalance in the emotional balance leads to many diseases. Not only does a person change his mood too often, anxiety and irritability appear, sleep is disturbed, blood pressure and cholesterol increase, immunity is weakened, and pains appear in the muscles and joints. Stress affects the activity of almost every organ. Therefore, the disease should be fought on time.
The nervous system plays a huge role in human life. It not only regulates the coordinated work of the whole organism, but also ensures its integrity and stability. Therefore, problems of the nervous system itself should be given special attention.
Relaxation, psychotherapy, and increased physical activity are widely used to treat stress and other psychological illnesses. But sometimes such methods are not enough and medications come to the rescue. Afobazole and Atarax are considered one of the most popular for treating stress. To understand which medicine is the most effective, we will analyze them in more detail.
What is afobazole?
Afobazole is a modern drug to combat anxiety, stress and excitement. It is almost completely devoid of side effects such as lethargy, drowsiness, and dependence. Available in tablet form in two different dosages. The composition of the drug is very complex, the main active ingredient is fabomotizole dihydrochloride. It must be taken three times a day after meals. The course of admission is individual and lasts about three weeks on average.
It is important to note that Afobazole has very few side effects. This is mainly an allergic reaction and individual intolerance. Also, the great advantage of the drug is that it does not interact with ethanol. Not recommended for children under 18 years of age. Typically, the drug is prescribed for neurosis, insomnia, with withdrawal symptoms of alcohol and nicotine addiction, as well as for the relief of depression and fear.
What is Atarax?
Atarax is also widely used in the treatment of anxiety, excessive agitation and internal tension, as well as as a sedation in preparation for surgical interventions. Very well, the drug has proven itself in the treatment of itching. The active substance is hydroxyzine hydrochloride. It should be used in short courses. Atarax is usually drunk before bedtime.
It is worth paying attention to a large list of contraindications and side effects. There are also special indications for use related to individual characteristics and the state of human health. A drug can worsen concentration and reaction speed, so it’s better to refrain from driving. According to numerous reviews, Atarax is quite effective and popular.
Advantages and disadvantages of Afobazole and Atarax
We begin the analysis with the general characteristics of these drugs:
- Both drugs are not addictive.
- Very effective and popular in the treatment of diseases of the nervous system.
- They have a tranquilizing effect.
- Similar indications for use: stress, excessive agitation, anxiety, fears, refusal of alcohol and nicotine.
- Prohibited during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- The duration of the course is set by a specialist.
- Usually taken three times a day after meals.
- Approximately the same cost.
Significant differences include the following factors.
- It does not begin to act immediately, but after the cumulative effect (after a certain period of time).
- It is quickly excreted from the body.
- A small number of contraindications and side effects.
- Very rare manifestations of adverse reactions when taken.
- Almost no symptoms of overdose.
- The effect is weaker than that of Atarax.
- The most secure.
- The active substance in the composition restores damaged nerve cells.
- Well tolerated by patients.
- Does not affect the ability to drive a vehicle.
- It can be combined with alcohol (but do not need to do this).
- It is released without a prescription.
- Effective after half an hour.
- It also has a sedative, antiemetic and antihistamine effect.
- Effective with itching and skin rashes.
- The period of elimination of the drug from the body is quite long, which determines the effect of its action.
- An essential list of contraindications and side effects.
- Very often, a reaction to the use of the drug in the form of drowsiness is manifested.
- It can both depress and stimulate the central nervous system.
- Symptoms of overdose are more pronounced.
- The action is stronger than that of Afobazole.
- Do not drink alcohol during treatment.
- Elderly people should take a reduced dose of the drug.
- It is released only by prescription.