From the comparisons we can conclude that Dolphin is the most effective drug in the treatment of the common cold, for a set of techniques for the procedure. Aqualor is more suitable for daily hygiene procedures and moisturizing the mucous membrane.
For Padanians, only Aqualor in the form of drops can be used, for older children in the form of a shower.
Dolphin should be used with caution so as not to damage the nasal cavity.
Aqualor is available in different forms, so you can choose the right option for any person, even the smallest.
Many doctors advise to rinse the nose with special solutions during colds. They remove allergens, bacteria and viruses, dust from the nose.
In the article, we compare two drugs for removing mucus from the nasal cavity: Dolphin and Aqualor. Consider the advantage of each, and in which cases it is better to apply.
Aqualor – a means for flushing the nasal cavity based on the sea water of the Atlantic Ocean. It can be used by both adults and children. It is safe to use, does not contain preservatives. Improves the condition of the mucosa, restores protective functions.
The tool is not addictive. It is used daily to enhance immunity and hygiene of the nose. Neither pregnancy nor breastfeeding are contraindications.
Aqualor is used for:
- Allergic rhinitis.
- During rehabilitation after surgical interventions.
How does it work
Pharmacological properties are due to the action of saline or the mucous membrane of the nasopharynx.
- Cleanses the nasal passages from germs, mucus, dust, crusts.
- Moisturizing the nasopharynx.
- Relieves mucosal irritation.
- Improves nose breathing.
- Relieves puffiness.
- Increases immunity by stimulating ciliated epithelial cells.
- It supports the functionality of the tissues of the mucosa and its physiological norm.
Release forms and how to apply
The following varieties of Aqualor are:
- Mini – a small spray can of 30 ml, it is convenient to take on the road or travel.
- Drops – for newborns.
- Baby – designed for children from the first days of life. It has a limiter for insertion into the nose of the child.
- Norm – for children from 6 months and adults.
- Soft – for people with hypersensitivity of the nasal cavity.
- Forte – designed to prepare the nasal cavity for subsequent preparations.
Drops – designed for babies from the first days of life. Aqualore should be used 2-3 times a day before using vasoconstrictor drugs. Introduce 1-2 drops into each nasal passage, then remove mucus with an aspirator or any other device.
Shower (spray) – used for aunts from a year and for adults. It is necessary to tilt your head to the opposite side, insert an aspirator and start spraying the product for 2-4 seconds. Next should blow your nose. Mucus comes out with saline. Repeat with the other nostril. Shower 3-6 times a day
In different regions, the cost of the drug varies from 315 rubles to 1000 rubles. Also, the price depends on the type of issue.
Dolphin is a mineral and herbal remedy for washing the nose. The solution is based on rock salt, licorice root and rose hips are also added. It has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effects. After preparing the solution, it becomes close to the mineral composition of human blood plasma.
Dolphin is used for:
- Polype of the nose.
Dolphin has a similar composition with physiological saline. Its effect is due to the presence in the composition of mineral salts and plant components.
- Sodium chloride and iodine trigger the process of stimulation of the body’s natural protective functions.
- Rosehip has a regenerating effect, and also strengthens the capillaries.
- Licorice is an anti-inflammatory, antiviral and anti-allergic.
Release form and method of application
The set includes a sachet with a mineral-vegetable complex, a soft bottle-irrigator, an endonasal nozzle.
- Adult rinse kit – consists of an irrigator vial with a volume of 240 ml., Means for diluting and washing the nasal cavity 2 g.
- Children’s set – differs from the adult in the size of the irrigator bottle volume of 120 ml., Means for breeding and washing 1 g.
Pour warm water into the bottle, pour the contents of the bag. Shake until powder is completely dissolved. If nasal breathing is completely absent, vasoconstrictor drugs should be instilled before use. Tilt your head forward slightly, press the bottle to the nostril and press gently so that the liquid begins to flow into the nose. Then it will be poured into the second half of the nose and will flow through the other nostril, cleaning the cavity from mucus. The procedure should be done 1-2 times a day. For some, the washing procedure may seem unpleasant and even painful.
Dolphin kit is purchased once, its price starts from 365 rubles., Depending on the region. Next purchased sachets with mineral filling. Their cost is from 73 rubles.
What is common between drugs
Comparing two means for washing the nose, Aqualor and Dolphin, the following general properties can be distinguished:
- Indications for use – both drugs are used to treat and prevent nasal congestion, as well as rhinitis, otitis media, tonsillitis.
- The preparations have a natural composition and contain sea salt.
- Can be used during pregnancy and lactation.
What are the differences
Despite the similarity of funds, the differences are slightly larger.
|Drug readiness||Requires preparation||No cooking required|
|Side effects||Nosebleeds||Not identified|
|Contraindications||Benign and malignant tumors, predisposition to nosebleeds, Deformation of the nasal septum||Are absent|
|Use in childhood||Apply to children from four years old||It is applied from birth in the appropriate form of release|