Like any other drug, cyclodinone should be taken only after passing the necessary examination by a doctor and after its appointment. There are no fundamental differences in the pharmacological effects on the body between drops and tablets.
If the hormonal background is violated, and there are diseases associated with it, or if the question arises of planning pregnancy, it is recommended to fully treat the drug, and then be examined again. If the effect is absent, it is necessary to undergo treatment with natural or synthetic hormones.
Despite the fact that this medication is a hormonal drug, the main active substance in it is of plant origin, so the patient does not face weight gain.
Cyclodinone is prescribed with caution if there are diseases of organs such as the kidneys and liver, epilepsy, or brain injury.
Drops of the drug contain about 17-19% alcohol in the composition, therefore, if the patient has been treated for alcoholism, if there is a craving for alcohol, or if the woman is a driver of a vehicle, then it is better to choose a medicine in the form of tablets.
The doctors’ reviews, which are based on the experience of using cyclodinone, are mostly positive, since the improvement in the condition of patients is recorded, and the problems associated with the irregular cycle, unpleasant symptoms of PMS, and pain in the chest are stopped.
Doctors who are based on their purely personal attitude to the drug give both positive and negative reviews. Positive reviews are given by doctors who are well related to homeopathic remedies and medicines based on medicinal plants. Negative reviews are left by experts who believe that the effectiveness of the drug is not proven, or consider it generally an unnecessary tool, since it has a weak effect and does not help to solve really serious problems.
Cyclodinone refers to medicines that are made on the basis of herbal components. The drug is developed from medicinal plants that are used to regulate and normalize the menstrual cycle and to facilitate the flow of unpleasant symptoms of premenstrual syndrome. The main active ingredient is the common chickpea plant , namely the dry extract, which is obtained from the fruits of the plant. Cyclodinone helps to normalize female hormones. In particular, it helps to reduce the hormone prolactin in the blood of a woman. In addition, the use of the medication reduces pain in the chest as a result of premenstrual syndrome, helps to establish a regular menstrual cycle.
In general, the medicine is prescribed for malfunctions of the menstrual cycle, infertility, if it is caused by hormonal failure, mastodynia, premenstrual syndrome, menopause, polycystic ovaries, endometriosis. Cyclodinone can help in the treatment of acne on the face if their appearance was caused by disorders in the hormonal background.
The medicine in drops looks like a clear or yellowish liquid, emits a characteristic specific smell of a rod.
100 grams of the drug contains the main active ingredient – dry extract of common barley. The amount of content varies from 192 to 288 mg. Auxiliary active substances include: 70% sorbitol, polysorbate 20, sodium sugar dihydrate, povidone, peppermint flavor, 96% ethyl alcohol, water.
The drug is sold in a dark glass vial, the standard volume of the container is 50 or 100 ml. For convenience, there is a drip dispenser. During long-term storage, a small precipitate may form at the bottom of the vial, but this is acceptable and does not mean that the medicine has lost its useful properties or the expiration date has passed.
Take the medication, as a rule, no more than once a day, preferably in the morning, 40 drops. After taking it, drink water.
Drops should be stored in a dry, dark place at room temperature.
The shape of the tablets is round and biconvex, on top they are coated with a matte shell, painted in green.
As in the drops, barley extract is the main active ingredient. In one tablet, it is usually contained in an amount of 3.2 to 4.8 mg. Also included are additional active ingredients. These include microcrystalline cellulose, povidone, lactose, colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate and starch. Macrogol 6000, copolymers of methacrylic, ethacrylic acids, as well as titanium dioxide, indigotine, talc and yellow iron oxide make up the shell.
Tablets are available in blister packs. Each blister has 30 or 60 pieces. They are taken once a day in the morning, one at a time.
What are the similar forms of release
The drug, both in drops and in the form of a release in the form of tablets, has the basic common features:
- Dry extract of the thistle plant is the main active ingredient.
- Most often, medication is prescribed to eliminate menstrual irregularities, for the treatment of mastodynia, and the relief of premenstrual syndrome. That is, in general terms, taking the medicine is recommended with hormonal imbalance.
- It is advisable to take drops and tablets only once a day.
- It is contraindicated to use the drug in any form with hypersensitivity to individual components of the drug or allergies to them, during pregnancy, breastfeeding, or with individual lactose intolerance.
- Cyclodinone in drops and tablets is allowed for patients suffering from diabetes.
- The medicine is not prescribed for children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
- The drug in any form can cause adverse side effects. Nausea, vomiting, or pain in the abdomen may occur from the digestive tract. The appearance of an allergic rash on the skin, the occurrence of urticaria. Probably the appearance of headache, dizziness, as well as agitation, hallucinations, respiratory failure from the central nervous system.
What are the differences between drops and tablets
As can be seen from the foregoing, drops and tablets have basic common features in terms of effects on the body. However, there are slight differences.
- Drops contain a little more active extract than tablets.
- The tablets do not emit a specific herbal odor.
- Vehicle drivers cannot drink drops due to their ethyl alcohol content.