It is difficult to say which drug is better and will give a more pronounced therapeutic effect. Despite their similarity and some common effects on the body, they achieve a therapeutic effect in slightly different ways.
To strengthen the digestive tract, improve its blood supply, it is better to choose “Rebagit”. Moreover, he also copes well with the treatment of gastritis and ulcers.
The presence of Helikobakter pilori bacteria in the analyzes clearly supports De-Nol.
For the treatment of babies and people suffering from renal pathologies, a pharmaceutical preparation of Dutch production is prescribed.
However, taking this or that medication at your discretion is not recommended. These drugs are prescribed by a gastroenterologist only after a thorough examination.
It includes FGDS, urine and blood tests, and a number of other diagnostic procedures at the discretion of the doctor.
Do not forget that self-medication with gastroprotectors can “smear” the clinical picture of developing gastrointestinal oncology. Therefore, for any pain and discomfort in the epigastrium, you must first visit a specialist.
Medical statistics show that about 40% of Russian residents, regardless of age, have certain problems with the digestive system.
Unfortunately, according to medical forecasts, in the near future, the percentage of patients with gastric pathologies will steadily increase.
Bad habits, unhealthy diet, a huge amount of medications that adversely affect the gastric mucosa, stress contribute to the growth of diseases.
Gastrointestinal diseases often occur with severe exacerbations, pain. This reduces a person’s ability to work, worsens the quality of life.
Properly selected medications show high effectiveness in the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the stomach.
There are many pharmacological groups, including drugs for the treatment of gastric pathologies. The most famous group are gastroprotectors.
Such commonly prescribed drugs as Rebagit and De-Nol belong to them.
“Rebagit”: characteristics of the drug
“Rebagit” is a medicine of the gastroprotective group. Its action is aimed at protecting the mucous membranes of the stomach and esophagus by increasing the synthesis of prostaglandins in the gastric juice.
The active component of the drug is rebamipide, which has cytoprotective properties.
This allows you to accelerate the action of enzymes, increase the speed of biological reactions of glycoprotein compounds.
Under the action of rebamipide, the protective function of the gastric mucosa is activated, its blood supply improves.
There is an increase in the production of mucus on the gastric walls. The metabolism of organ epithelial cells improves.
The drug also helps to restore the inner layer of the stomach (mucous membrane).
It protects the organ from damage by various harmful bacteria, including Helikobakter pylori, a pathogen that is one of the provocateurs of gastritis and peptic ulcer disease.
If a person has this type of microorganism, Rebagit creates the conditions under which bacteria will not be able to multiply.
In addition, the drug has a protective effect on the inner layer of the organ during the aggressive action of NSAIDs (aspirin, etc.), ethanol, hydrochloric acid.
The manufacturer of the drug is the Indian pharmaceutical company Macleods Pharmaceuticals.
Release is carried out only in solid form – tablets. In each of which 100 mg of the active substance and auxiliary components are present .
Indications and contraindications
Indications for use are:
- Gastritis (acute and chronic) with high acidity.
- Stomach ulcer.
- Damage to the inner layer of the stomach after taking NSAIDs.
Most often, this medication is used as one of the components of complex therapy.
The drug is contraindicated for women in position, persons with hypersensitivity with formative components, in cases of breastfeeding, age less than 18 years.
It is necessary to prescribe medicine to patients over the age of 65 with caution. At this age, negative reactions to components can be much more likely to occur.
Side effects of a medication can declare themselves to be impaired stool, flatulence, heartburn, nausea and vomiting, impaired liver function and blood formation system. In women, a menstrual cycle malfunction is sometimes observed.
For this pharmaceutical product, course treatment is provided. On average, it lasts from 2 weeks to 1 month. If the doctor considers it necessary, then he can extend the medication up to 2 months.
“De-Nol”: characteristics of the drug
“De-Nol” is a gastroprotective agent that is actively used in the treatment of diseases of the digestive organs.
It is characterized by a rather extensive spectrum of effects on the entire gastrointestinal tract, but is primarily positioned as an antiulcer drug with high activity against Helicobacter bacteria.
It also has astringent and anti-inflammatory effects.
The therapeutic effect of the drug is based on the healing properties of its active substance – bismuth tripotassium dicitrate.
Once in the acidic environment of the stomach, the active component breaks down into bismuth citrate and oxychloride, which are not affected by gastric juice. In addition, a protein substrate is formed in the organ.
Due to such work of the active substance, the surface of erosion or ulcer is covered with a kind of protective shell. This helps the speedy scarring of the damaged parts of the mucous membranes, their healing.
The drug protects the inner layers of the gastrointestinal tract from the corrosive effects of bile acid, pepsin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (aspirin, ibuprofen), and alcohol.
The anti-inflammatory effect of the drug allows you to stop the inflammation in the digestive tract, penetrating deep into the tissues.
A strong antimicrobial effect gives the drug the ability to destroy all pathogenic bacteria in the cavities of not only the stomach, but also the duodenum, as well as in other digestive organs.
Pharmaceuticals are manufactured in the Netherlands by Astellas Pharma Europe.
The release format is tablets in a protective shell containing 304 mg of bismuth dicitrate per pill and a number of structure-forming components.
Indications and contraindications
A medication is prescribed for:
- IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), accompanied by diarrhea.
- Exacerbation of peptic ulcer of the duodenum 12, stomach (including those associated with the presence of Helicobacter pylori).
- Dyspeptic disorders, not based on organic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (heartburn, flatulence, etc.)
- An exacerbated period of chronic gastritis, gastroduodenitis (including associated with Helicobacter).
In addition, there is a positive effect of the medication for diseases of the liver and pancreas.
Do not prescribe to patients with severe renal dysfunction, nursing mothers, with intolerance to the substances included in the drug, pregnant women, children under 14 years old, people who take bismuth-containing drugs for the treatment of other diseases.
According to the instructions, children under 14 years of age are not prescribed De-Nol. However, there are some exceptions. If the presence of Helikobakter pilori is determined in a child who is already 4 years old, the drug can be approved for use according to a specially developed scheme, under careful medical supervision.
Side effects occur mainly in the initial stages of treatment and subsequently disappear on their own. Nausea, weakness, constipation, bloating, and vomiting may bother you.
Sometimes there is a darkening of the tongue and staining of feces in black. This should not be scared, as bismuth compounds manifest themselves. Subsequently, the color returns to normal.
If, after taking the medication, skin itching, rash or spots on the skin appear, you should immediately contact your doctor. He must decide on further therapy.
Fortunately, such negative manifestations are rare. Patients tolerate administration well.
What are the drugs like?
- The similarity of the considered pharmaceuticals can be traced in relation to them to one pharmacological group – gastroprotectors.
- The action of medicines is aimed at restoring and protecting damaged shells of the digestive tract.
- They are prescribed for similar pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract.
- The release of both the one and the other drug is carried out only in tablets.
- It is forbidden to receive during the period of bearing a child and breastfeeding.
- There are similar points in contraindications and side effects.
What are the differences
If we talk about the differences in medications, then they are as follows:
- Pharmaceuticals have various active ingredients. Plus, even the formative substances in them are different.
- De Nol is available in the Netherlands. Rebagit is in India. Due to this, the quality of the first medicine is higher.
- De Nol is much more active in fighting Helicobacter bacteria. He destroys them. While “Rebagit” only prevents their reproduction.
- The Dutch drug has a wider range of therapeutic activities.
- The Indian medicine is suitable both for the prevention of gastrointestinal diseases, and for treatment. “De-Nol” is used only as a means of therapy; it is not suitable for prophylaxis, because of the strong antimicrobial effect.
- “Rebagit” is not prescribed for children under 18 years of age due to insufficient clinical studies. “De Nol” can be given to children from 4 years of age.
- A sharp difference in the cost of drugs. “De Nol” will cost 400-500 rubles., “Rebagit” from 600 rubles. up to 1000 rub.