Cystitis is an inflammatory process that is localized in the walls of the bladder. In the treatment of this disease, conventional medicine recommends the course of treatment with antibacterial drugs (antibiotics), but the folk medicine believes that the perfect solution to the problem of cystitis is… cranberries.
This berry not only beautify and accentuate the subtleties of the taste of culinary masterpieces, but also help in the fight against pathogenic bacteria/viruses, which caused the development of cystitis.
What is the benefit of cranberry
The composition of the berries to 88%, it includes water, but the other components are called “respect” – flavonoids, vitamin C, antioxidants, organic substances, triterpenoids and others.
Based on this multifaceted structure, conclusions were drawn about the benefits of cranberry:
- It is essential to the body as antimicrobial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory actions. Pectin contained in the berries, and excrete radioactive compounds, flavonoids increase the elasticity of blood vessels and prevent the development of atherosclerosis, improve blood circulation in the small blood vessels. In addition, cranberries “gives” the body the minerals that are important for normal functioning.
- By eating cranberries reduces the ability of pathogens to attach to the wall of the urethra and bladder, to colonize these areas. This effect is achieved due to the content in the berry proanthocyanidins, which, however, there are other fruits, berries are of these substances in the nuts. But the fact that cranberry contains proanthocyanidins, a group in the form of dimers, and that they have the desired effect cystitis (all other fruits and berries, nuts contain the same substance but in the form of In-dimers).
- Cranberry juice has a direct bacteriostatic effect. This means that the drink helps preventing reproduction of pathogenic bacteria, which provoke the development and progression of cystitis. But you should know that a similar effect can be expected only in the use of concentrated cranberry juice.
Note: until recently it was believed that the main benefit in cystitis of the cranberry is its ability to acidify urine. But now doctors believe that this is not so, because for that to happen, you will need to drink several litres of concentrated cranberry juice, and one-time.
Will cranberry cystitis
Use cranberries in progressive cystitis has been studied quite solid and respected in the world of medicine institution Chranowski community, specializing in reviews of the effectiveness of various drugs. In 2004, the members of this community found out and announced to the world the conclusion: ingestion of cranberry (it can be a special juice or capsule) in the treatment of chronic cystitis reduces the recurrence rate by 39%. Moreover, there is no significant difference in efficacy between fresh juice and capsules were noted, but patients who took the berry in the pharmacological form, he complained of disorders of the digestive system.
Latest Chranowski community was conducted in 2008, and he showed that the use of cranberry in the inflammatory process of the bladder is clearly more effective than the use of funds from lactobacilli.
Please note: despite the fact that reducing the number of relapses in chronic cystitis after consumption of cranberry significantly reduced in the acute phase of the inflammatory process, such an effect has not been confirmed at the official level.
On the market there are many dietary Supplements based on cranberries, manufacturers are positioning them as an effective means to combat cystitis. But you have to be extremely careful in selecting a particular Bud, as they are not all equally useful – it all depends on how much they contain active substances. It is much better to consume fruit drinks, cocktails, and medicinal products based on cranberries, which are produced by the pharmacological industry.
Is it permissible to use cranberries and cranberry juice pregnant? This question occurs quite often in women because cystitis can “break out” in the period of carrying a child in an acute form, and relapse in already existing medical history of chronic cystitis happen too often. Doctors do not give a clear answer to this question, because cranberry juice helps with heartburn and nausea in early toxicosis, and someone, on the contrary, react to such additive in the diet of problems in the gastrointestinal tract. Conventional medicine does not prohibit use cranberry juice to pregnant women, but the decision is made individually.
Recipes funds from cranberry cystitis
To the use of cranberry in the inflammatory process in the urinary bladder was really effective, you need to know how to cook healthy/healing drinks.
You need to take 500 grams of fresh cranberries (you can use frozen berries), carefully mash it in a grinder or blender. Juice which is separated in the process of pressure cranberry, it is necessary to merge in a separate vessel and diluted with water (need to add 2 liters). In order to decrease the acid level of the drink, the resulting mixture of juice and water you need to add 400 grams of sugar. Prepared semi-finished products juice you need to put on fire, bring to boil and let it cook for 10 minutes over medium heat. Then the juice needs to cool down.
Make the cranberry juice cystitis need half a Cup to 5 times per day, preferably on an empty stomach. The duration of use of Morse is not limited.
The juice of cranberry
For making cranberry juice you can use fresh berries in a quantity of 500 grams. Fruit pour 3 cups of water, put on fire and allowed to boil, leave on low heating for another 15 minutes – during this time the berries are beginning to burst. At the expiration of the specified time drink remove from heat and allow to cool, then strain.
Make the cranberry juice you need in the amount of 200 ml three times a day, to improve its taste, you can add sugar or honey. Kept juice in the fridge.
Please note: a cooked cranberry infused vodka and consider it also a remedy in cystitis. But conventional medicine claims that as a medicine this infusion is absolutely useless, it is suitable only as a tasty aperitif.
A decoction of cranberry
One Cup of berries grind in a blender, squeeze the juice and put it in the fridge. The remaining scrap obtained from cranberries to put in 1 liter of water and boil for 7 minutes. Broth to cool and mix with the juice from the fridge, add in the resulting broth two tablespoons of honey.
Make cranberry broth cystitis need half a Cup 4 times a day. Duration of use is not limited.
All the above remedies prepared from cranberries, can also be used as a preventive measure.
Medications of cranberry-based
Pharmacological agents, which are made from cranberries, can not be called drugs – they are positioned as dietary supplements.
Such means include:
- Europrofit – take 1 capsule twice daily duration of use is 30 days;
- Monorail Previsit – drink 1 tablet after dinner and be sure to empty your bladder. The course of treatment is 3 months, drinking the drug for 2 weeks in a month, then make a break, pregnant women remedy contraindicated;
- Urinal – take 1 capsule 3-4 times daily half an hour after eating, pregnant women, the drug is contraindicated;
- Will castevet – drink 1 capsule at night, drinking 200 ml of pure water. One course lasts 2-3 weeks, to get the desired effect this means taking courses for 3 months;
- Cranberry+ in 1-2 months, you need to take 1 capsule three times a day, it is recommended to take 1 capsule after intercourse in the history of post-coital cystitis.
Cranberries in the treatment of cystitis plays an important role, but still should not be ignored and adequate medical care. Cranberries may be used only as an ancillary and preventive remedy, and in this case, the problem of chronic cystitis with frequent relapses will not stand.