The size of the fetus at the thirty-fifth week of pregnancy is about 42-47 centimeters. The diameter of the head is approximately 86 mm, the diameter of the chest is 90 mm, and the diameter of the abdomen is 93 mm. The parameters of the baby are individual, it all depends on heredity.
The fruit is well developed. His fully formed organism is already functioning smoothly. Now the child accumulates fat and muscle mass, becoming sturdy. In a week he gains about 200-230 grams.
The uterus in the last weeks of pregnancy is growing very rapidly. The weight of the child at 35 weeks of gestation reaches 2.5-3 kg.
Mom’s stomach is getting tighter and tumbling is more difficult now, because the baby’s movements are reminiscent of rolling. With interest, you can observe the tubercles on the stomach when the baby sticks out its legs and arms.
What’s new in its development
The development of the fetus at 35 weeks of gestation is still ongoing. Debugging the work of internal organs and nervous system.
- This week, the adrenal glands are intensively developing, which are responsible for the formation of hormones that control the vital activity of the body;
- A certain amount of meconium has accumulated in the intestines of the baby. This is the original feces, which comes out a few hours after birth. It consists of skin cells and bile. Meconium is usually not released into the amniotic fluid. However, if this happens (in only 10% of cases), then there is a potential danger of various complications;
- The facial features of the baby at this stage acquired their individuality, and the cheeks were rounded. Eye color is now blue-gray. Later it will change to one that is genetically laid;
- The skin is gradually smoothed out, the lanugo fluff disappears, the body turns pink. The baby is already very much like a newborn. Hair grows on the head;
- The fetus at 35 weeks of gestation settles in the stomach more comfortable, preparing for the moment of birth. He drops his head down, his shoulders and arms are rounded. Such an inverted position for the child is absolutely comfortable. If the baby did not roll over by the thirty-fifth week of pregnancy, you should not worry. During childbirth, experienced obstetricians will certainly take all the necessary measures to ensure that labor activity is successful.
Active movements and movements of the baby
The baby has grown a lot and is already pushing so hard that it causes you quite painful sensations. Normally, the frequency of movements is approximately 15 times per day.
The condition of the future mother at 8 months
The thirty-fifth obstetric week of pregnancy is just that wonderful time when you are already on maternity leave and have a lot of free time for yourself. You can not waste time in vain and sign up for special courses for young mothers, if you still have not done so.
Unpleasant pregnancy symptoms at this time
Symptoms in the 35th week of pregnancy are especially worrying for women. The hormones produced are just crazy!
- Mood swings torment. The psychological burden is increasing, most expectant mothers have fears of an approaching birth. Concerns about the baby’s health can cause insomnia. Therefore, do not get hung up on this! Thoughts about the future baby, about how he will look, how you will admire him will help you get distracted;
- Stretch marks appear. Almost half of pregnant women begin to worry about stretch marks on their stomach, hips, and chest. The cause is the hereditary predisposition and characteristics of the body. It is quite difficult to get rid of them, so it is better to take timely care of the prevention of skin stretching;
- Worries about insomnia. Due to the large abdomen, it becomes difficult to sleep, it is difficult to find a comfortable position for normal sleep. Ventilate the room well and try not to overeat at night;
- Discharge with mucus. A small amount of mucus of a uniform consistency may be present in the secretions and this is normal. But the presence of scarlet discharge is a symptom of detachment of the placenta, you must immediately call an ambulance. Also, as soon as possible it is necessary to seek medical help if the discharge has become abundant in the yellowish-white watery character. Most likely, amniotic fluid comes out;
- Swelling. Often, edema appears due to excessive fluid intake of the pregnant woman, or their appearance may be associated with varicose veins due to the increased load on the vessels. Constant consultation with a gynecologist is necessary to rule out various diseases. You can’t lie or sit for a long time, you should change your position and warm up as often as possible.
Characteristic feelings of the future mother
What happens at week 35 of pregnancy?
- Lost appetite. An enlarging stomach presses on the chest and internal organs. It is important to adhere to fractional nutrition, eat a little, but more often. And getting used to proper nutrition, it will be easier for you to put your figure in order after childbirth. Now your weight gain is about 12 kilograms. The norm is a set of not more than 300 grams per week;
- Difficulty breathing. If there is a feeling of suffocation, you need to get on all fours, slowly inhale deeply, then exhale. Repeat until it becomes easier. If the exercise does not help, call an ambulance !;
- Urination becomes more frequent. Frequent toilet trips are also unpleasant. An enlarged uterus presses on the bladder. You need to try to drink less, especially after 6 pm. The norm of drinking fluid per day is one and a half liters;
- Concerned about constipation. Constipation can occur due to uterine pressure on the intestines. It is recommended to reduce portions of food intake, add dried fruits (in particular, prunes) to the diet;
- Pain may occur in the hypochondrium. A simple exercise will help: take a deep breath, hold your breath, straighten your back, tilt to the left, stretch.
The size of the abdomen and the location of the baby
At this time, the bottom of the uterus is located 35 centimeters from the pubic joint and 15 centimeters from the navel. The navel looks protruded – it is absolutely natural and normal. Due to the tension, the skin on the abdomen may begin to itch.
With head presentation, the baby’s head is at the entrance to the pelvis. After a week, the stomach begins to fall.
If the belly periodically pulls, and the uterus tenses up, then relaxes – these are training contractions. But if the uterus is solid as a stone and does not relax, and also strongly stretches the stomach and back, then this most likely indicates the onset of labor.
It is urgent to go to the hospital to extend the pregnancy until the due date.
However, sometimes it happens that doctors have to take birth at the 35th week of pregnancy. A woman in labor should not panic! The child is now viable and fully matured. The likelihood that everything will go well, the baby will be born without any deviations and even be able to breathe on its own, is already very high. But the birth of twins at this period is completely the norm.
The tummies at 35 weeks of pregnancy look like this:
Important medical examinations for 35 weeks
Consultations with a gynecologist for a period of 35 weeks of pregnancy are now appointed once a week, if necessary – more often. Routine medical examinations await you this week. Some re-analyzes are given. Measured weight, pressure on both hands, measured the height of the bottom of the uterus, listened to the baby’s heartbeat. An ultrasound is also prescribed.
What tests need to be passed
As usual, before each appointment with the gynecologist, it is necessary to pass a general urine test. And also at this time, repeated tests for HIV infection, syphilis, a biochemical blood test and a smear for various infectious diseases are given.
If the test results are not very good, then doctors can take you under their control by putting them in the pathology department.
If all the tests are normal, then continue to visit the gynecologist every week, waiting for the birth to begin.
Ultrasound at the thirty-fifth week of pregnancy is performed in order to evaluate the following parameters:
- the condition of the placenta (at a period of 35 weeks, the placenta should have a second stage of maturity);
- height and weight of the fetus;
- the position of the child (pelvic or head);
- motor activity of the baby;
- fetal heartbeat;
- the state of the umbilical cord and the presence of entanglement;
- the amount of amniotic fluid, as well as their quality (transparency).
Ultrasound allows you to verify whether the baby is ready for birth, whether it has pathologies and congenital malformations.
Possible complications at this stage of pregnancy
Most often, the causes of all pathologies of the fetus are your illnesses and bad habits: kidney disease, anemia, strong weight gain, smoking during pregnancy.
Possible complications include:
- Presentation or detachment of the placenta – is accompanied by considerable blood loss during childbirth, it is important to identify this pathology in advance;
- Gestosis (late toxicosis) – is accompanied by headaches, nausea and high blood pressure;
- Low water or high water.
Useful tips for expectant mother
- It is recommended to walk every day in the fresh air for several hours. This is useful for you and the baby, but the main thing is not to overdo it! Do not go shopping, do not carry heavy loads and do not allow extreme fatigue. A walk should only be a pleasure !;
- The gained kilograms put pressure on the internal organs, so try to change the position of the body as often as possible so that the limbs do not numb. You can’t sit for a long time, every half hour you need to get up and do a warm-up. It is important to remember that the leg-to-leg pose during pregnancy is a taboo, because it is fraught with circulatory disorders;
- At this stage, it is worth taking care of the choice of the hospital. Start by consulting your gynecologist who is leading your pregnancy. He can offer a specialized maternity hospital for special indications. Then read reviews on the Internet about each institution in your city, take an interest in the opinions of recently giving birth to acquaintances. It is important to learn about the conditions for women in childbirth in each maternity hospital in advance. It is probably better to make a choice from maternity hospitals that are not far from your home so that in an emergency there is an opportunity to quickly get there. In addition, it is desirable to give preference to the maternity hospital, where intensive care is provided for children and where the specialist on newborns is always on duty;
- Prepare all the necessary things and documents in the hospital. This must also be taken care of in advance. Suddenly, the baby wants to be born a little earlier than planned? It is also better to immediately prepare things for discharge. You can already buy a nursing bra and special clothes;
- Think with your husband and come up with a name for the baby. You already know his gender ?;
- It is also worth thinking in advance about who you would like to see next to you during childbirth as support. Modern families give birth together. Many mothers claim that joint birth with a husband helps to strengthen intra-family relations, increasing the level of trust between spouses. However, if the husband, for one reason or another, refuses to be present next to you in the delivery room, you should not force him to do this. Alternatively, you can take your mom or close friend with you. There is also a special service – delivery support. And you can not take anyone at all. Experienced in their work obstetricians will tell and show everything. The main thing is not to be afraid and believe that childbirth will take place without complications both for the baby and for you.
This material is for informational purposes only, before using the information provided it is necessary to consult with a specialist.