The fruit continues to grow. The weight of the baby at 36 weeks of gestation is 2600 grams. Under the influence of heredity and various factors, this figure may be more or less. The same goes for growth. Average values range from 45 to 47 cm.
In general, the baby is ready for birth. If it happens that he is born this week, then you should not worry about his vitality. Starting this week, the baby will gain an average of 28 grams daily.
Changing and shaping the appearance of the baby
As the fetus continues to grow, there is less and less space in the uterus. This affects the nature of the movements, as well as the position in which he is now. The chin of the baby is pressed to the chest, the arms and legs are crossed, and the latter are also pulled to the chest – this position is most comfortable for the baby.
The fetal body shape continues to become more rounded due to the accumulation of subcutaneous fat. This also applies to his cheeks, actively preparing for breastfeeding. By the way, sucking arms and legs entertains the baby and also helps to improve the muscles responsible for sucking movements.
The body of the baby at 36 weeks of pregnancy covers lanugo – the original fluff. However, its quantity decreases with each week, and only a certain part will remain until the birth. The lubricant covering the body also becomes smaller. Its remains will be present mainly only in the folds of the skin of the baby at birth.
The feet of the baby have increased. Fingers cover fully grown marigolds. On the face, cilia and eyebrows become distinguishable.
A certain hairstyle begins to appear on the head: a bald spot, thick hair or even curls.
The ears of the baby look fully, that is, with all the curls laid and separated from the head. The kid listens with pleasure to familiar voices, actively and joyfully reacting to them.
The fetus at 36 weeks of gestation has soft bones of the skull, which remain intact. Between them is a gap – “fontanel”, covered with connective tissue. Thanks to him, the baby’s head can easily pass through the birth canal, avoiding injury.
Internal improvement of organs and systems
- Lungs . The baby’s lungs are ready for spontaneous breathing. The body has enough surfactant to help straighten the lungs and prevent them from sticking together during the first breath. Although the baby is already making its first respiratory movements through the nose and mouth;
- The liver . The liver is formed and is already directly involved in the process of hematopoiesis;
- Heart . Another organ that is completely ready for work is the heart. The heart rate – 140 beats per minute – is well heard. Oxygen supply continues through the umbilical cord. In the structure of the heart, a small oval hole remains between the left and right parts of it. In some children, it closes immediately after birth, in others it will happen during the first year of life;
- The genitals . The reproductive system is also fully formed. In girls, the labia minora covered small, while in boys, the testicles sank into the scrotum.
The final maturation of the respiratory, cardiovascular and thermoregulation center occurs at the end of the thirty-sixth obstetric week of pregnancy. Despite the formation and readiness of many organs and systems for birth, the endocrine and immune systems still continue to mature.
The activity of the movements and movements of the child
Fetal movements at this time become less frequent. This is due to the fact that the baby is crowded in the uterus, as well as the fact that in some cases it has already lowered. But you still need to count the number of movements. Normally, the baby should remind himself about 10 times in 12 hours.
Stirring due to insufficient space is for the most part rather painful.
It can be delivered by many of your body. It is impossible to cope with this, so it remains only to wait for the birth of this little fidget.
Woman at 36 weeks pregnant
Of course, the changes do not bypass the future mother. You will not notice anything fundamentally new in your state during this period.
The nature of the symptoms of this gestational age
Typical symptoms at 36 weeks of gestation may be as follows:
- Increased anxiety . Increasingly, anxiety begins to torment. Anxiety about the baby gives way to fear of childbirth. Originous women panicky question friends or search for information on the Internet. After reading several scary stories, I don’t want to give birth to the most impressionable ones. However, the birth process is not as terrible as it is described. In addition, each birth is unique and inimitable;
- Awkwardness . It is associated with the large size of the abdomen and with the fact that, due to hormonal changes, the joints became softer. Therefore, when the plate falls out of your hands, do not be discouraged – hormones are to blame. After childbirth, this condition will certainly pass! In the meantime, try to move very carefully. When going down or climbing stairs, be sure to hold onto the railing;
- False contractions . Brexton Hicks contractions may become more frequent. They are easily confused with the present, because of which the most suspicious future mothers carrying their firstborn go to the hospital several times a week. It is important to clearly understand the difference. Real contractions tend to increase in duration, while the interval between them is getting smaller. Doctors advise you to go to the hospital when the duration of contractions is 1 minute, and the interval between them is 5 minutes;
- Frequent trips to the toilet . Both urination and bowel movements become frequent. The reason lies in the pressure of the uterus and the descended fetus on the intestines and perineum;
- Lowering the fetus . If this has not happened yet, do not worry. Lowering the fetus can happen both a few weeks before childbirth, and immediately before the birth itself;
- Increased fatigue . The already familiar feeling of fatigue at this time will only intensify. Therefore, it remains important to observe the regime of work and rest;
- Varicose veins . An increase in weight, which, by the way, is already about 12 kg by this time, is associated with such a common symptom as varicose veins;
- Enhanced hair growth . Changes in hormonal levels affect hair growth. Moreover, the thickness of the hairline is noted not only on the head, but also on the arms, legs and even on the stomach. This phenomenon will pass after the normalization of hormones about 4 months after birth;
- Swelling . As in the past weeks, you may have swelling in this one. If they show up in the evening, and by morning pass, then there is nothing to worry about. The situation should be alert when they appear in the morning and are present all day and all night. If, in addition to this, a urine test showed protein, then you should immediately consult a doctor;
- “Nesting” . Of the new symptoms, nesting syndrome can be distinguished. This is actually an obsession with something to wash, iron, clean, wash, in order to best equip the “nest” for the unborn baby. This is not bad, especially since there are a lot of cases before the birth of the baby. The main thing to remember is that after each small business a long rest should follow.
What sensations can a woman experience
It is interesting to know what happens at 36 weeks of pregnancy with your sensations:
- Easier to breathe . Due to the fact that the baby has lowered, it becomes easier to breathe. In addition, heartburn attacks become much weaker;
- Insomnia . Sleep is often interrupted, and sometimes it is not at all possible to fall asleep. Therefore, if there is an opportunity, then during the day it is necessary to organize a day’s rest;
- Cramps . Many women complain of cramps in the limbs. The reason lies in the lack of calcium. You can replenish it with the help of special drugs. But only a doctor should prescribe them;
- Tingling in the pubic area . The cervix is also preparing for childbirth – it is smoothed and shortened. This can cause faint tingling in the vagina;
- Pain in the hips and lower back . A pregnant woman can face a rather unpleasant symptom – pain in the hips. This is due to the fact that the thirty-sixth week of pregnancy is characterized by the active release of the hormone relaxin. Its action is aimed at softening the joints. If you take into account that by this time you have a significant increase in weight, then all this together causes pain in the hip joints.
Resize the abdomen and uterus
Now the bottom of the uterus is 15 cm above the navel. The abdomen continues to grow actively and is becoming increasingly large. Due to the increased tendency of the skin to stretch, doctors advise not to refuse to wear a special antenatal bandage.
A small tummy can be a cause of concern for doctors because of a suspicion of low water or delayed fetal development. Although sometimes a miniature belly at this time may simply be due to the fact that the baby is not large.
So the tummies look for 36 weeks:
Necessary medical examinations and ultrasound
A doctor should be visited weekly. This is necessary in order to know that the development of the fetus at 36 weeks of pregnancy is going well.
Necessary tests at the thirty-sixth week of pregnancy:
- blood chemistry;
- clinical urine analysis;
- blood test for AIDS;
- swab from the vagina to assess microflora.
Since a routine study has already been carried out, ultrasound at the thirty-sixth week of pregnancy is done only for certain indications. It is necessary that:
- determine the size of the fetus at the thirty-sixth week of pregnancy;
- assess the condition (maturity, wall thickness) of the placenta and its location;
- the presence or absence of cord entanglement;
- determine the position of the fetus in the uterus.
Possible complications of pregnancy
Complications that may arise at this time include:
- Late toxicosis, characterized by high blood pressure, dizziness and headaches;
- Low water and high water;
- Placental abruption, which may indicate bloody discharge;
- Clumsiness, as a fall is possible;
- Varicose veins;
- Anemia is a low level of iron in the blood.
Useful tips for expectant mothers
- Important in the thirty-sixth week of pregnancy is the control of your weight gain. At this time, they should not exceed 300 grams per week. It is advisable to abandon flour, sweet, fatty, salty;
- In order not to suffer from swelling, the liquid drunk per day should not exceed one and a half liters. If possible, put a small pillow under your feet while resting;
- Vaginal discharge will also require close attention, because they can indicate not only the passage of the mucous plug, but also infections or detachment of the placenta;
- Delivery at 36 weeks of gestation is likely. Documents and things for the hospital must be collected. If you already have children, consider in advance the option of which relatives or friends will be able to take care of them in case of urgent delivery;
- Be sure to wear an antenatal bandage. It will relieve stress from the back and legs, protect it from stretching the skin;
- Avoid stress, tune in to positive. Often listen to calm and pleasant music, take a walk in the fresh air, watch good movies. Kids love to listen to Mom’s songs. You can already begin to actively study them aloud;
- Prepare a room or corner for the baby: crib, chest of drawers, changing table. Wash and iron the bedding;
- Future dad needs to prepare for childbirth. Talk to him about an upcoming event. It will be useful for him to learn about the rules for caring for a baby, to practice bathing a newborn, putting on a diaper. Then he will be in full readiness by the time the baby is born!
This material is for informational purposes only, before using the information provided it is necessary to consult with a specialist .