Many adults can remember the primal fear, which in childhood had bound all of them being after dark. When the heels sparkle in the rush of children to the toilet and spots of lights snatched from the darkness of the room, the outlines of mythical creatures. Fear of the dark is natural and is most pronounced at the age of 3-8 years old when the border between real and imagined is very blurred.
To defeat him, in the truest sense of the word, will not work. You can only make a child more resistant to him, developing in him the qualities that will allow his fragile psyche the most logical to deal with the first signs of the emergence of fears.
The wrong behaviour in this case is to punish him for manifestations of fear of the dark, ashamed of the baby or knock the wedge wedge. So it’s a harmless fear can be added a number of more serious complexes, which are subsequently to overcome will be difficult.
Another error is to ignore the fears of childhoodas the age to let them slide. In this case, fear, like a snowball, can develop and gain a foothold in the mind of the child, and in some capacity to stay with him for life.
To understand how to train children’s fear of the dark, it should be understood that the child is not afraid of the darkness itself, as everything that she can conceal in themselves in the power of his imagination.
It can be a scary cartoon characters or apparently random adult film, something still raised and transformed from scraps of conversation.
- The first advice that psychologists give to this account, is to draw fear
- When the fear was attired in some form, you can laugh at the clumsiness of children’s drawings to give it some comical habits. Laughter over fear is very beneficial for the baby, and such a simple ritual at the end as “the destruction of the monster” – just breaking the pattern will help significantly to mitigate the effect of this fear. Generally, the objectification of fear is the first thing that needs to be done.Drawing is hardly possible to reduce a domestic fears, like the intrusion of robbers and other intruders, generated conversations and blue screen.
- In this case, to solve the problem in an adult: get around with your child all the “suspicious” places and check their “strength”: to make sure, together, that locks, bolts, Windows, any slits and holes, frightening the child, securely closed and in places that cause much excitement, you can leave the lights on or a nightlight.
- Sometimes, excessive fantasies of the inhabitants of the darkness are sounds. The logic is simple: you can’t see, try to hear. Foreign creak of the floorboards, the noises are able to draw in the mind of a toddler is very frightening picture.
- If it is not possible to completely isolate a child’s room, you can drown out the noise measured quiet sound, like a ticking clock, recording a lullaby or soothing sounds of water, rain.And finally, knowing about the problem of fear of the dark, should pay attention to the fact that broadcast TV at home. Even if TV programming is not guess the terrible plot, the imagination of the child is able to dress in scary robes any strange word. It is also desirable to limit emotional conversations.
Peace and goodwill in the house – the chief physician of children’s fears.