That kidney is a excretory organ involved in the removal of the final decay products from the body. But the idea of them does not reflect the true values of the kidneys to the body.
And before we find out more fully why and what the right kidney to the person, it is worth remembering about the peculiarities of the anatomical structure of this organ.
Kidneys – paired organ with a dense and smooth surface. They are bean-shaped form. It protects the fibrous capsule is thin, but quite strong connective tissue membrane. Also as a protective layer surrounds each kidney adipose tissue, it is also supports the kidneys at a certain anatomical location.
Features of the anatomical structure
The internal structure of the body are very complex. The main renal fabric – double-layered parenchyma, which performs the filtering function. Structural unit of the filtration tissue is the nephron. Each kidney over a million. This structural unit also has a complex structure. The nephron consists of the renal tubules and Taurus.
In tubules, there is a filtration of blood plasma and primary urine is formed. It is not excreted from the body and moves through the tubules, where the absorption of needed nutrients and water. In the tubules remain waste toxic substances of secondary urine, which flows into the collecting tubules and into the renal pelvis – urine-tank. From the pelvis the urine transported to the bladder.
In addition to the filtering and excretory functions, the kidneys need to perform other tasks:
- Regulation of homeostasis – the maintenance of constancy of composition and properties internal environment of the body. They are involved in the regulation of water and electrolyte balance, maintaining balance between being withdrawn from the body and entering the body. So the body is supported by not only water but also ionic and osmotic homeostasis.
- Regulation of acid-base balance. Of great importance for the organism the excretion of sulphuric and phosphoric acids, which are formed in the process of protein metabolism.
- Involved in the regulation of arterial blood pressure. Through complex biochemical processes, this paired organ is involved in long-term and rapid regulation of AD.
- The incretion in the blood of a number of biologically active substances (enzymes, vitamins, hormones, etc.).
- Involved in the regulation of blood coagulation.
- Stimulation of the synthesis of red blood cells.
- Stimulation of the metabolism of proteins. They are involved in the breakdown of neabsorbirovanna from recycled urine protein and formation of amino acids, enzymes and hormones, followed by their secretion into the blood.
The kidney functions is very complicated, and violation of any of the process of this chain may bring them to working condition
The value for normal functioning
Realizing the versatility of the kidneys, the complexity of their structure, it is possible to understand how important this body for healthy human activity. First of all kidney – powerful filter in the body, through which every day many times is whole blood (approximately 200 liters per day, the rate of passage of -1 liter per minute).
With blood are microbes, disease pathogens, toxic substances. These harmful elements of blood removed from the body. The feature of the structure of the kidneys that these substances are not able to get into the back of the kidneys ureters. With such global efforts, the kidneys need a margin of safety. It happens that one of the organs fails, by reason of injury, disease, then the function assumes healthy. It works by performing a double volume of all functions. How to protect this vital organ from disease and injury?
Correct attitude towards the kidneys
What is the correct attitude to such a significant body? There are times that it is necessary to pay attention to:
- An improper diet. It is the use of products containing large amounts of salt, sugar, alcohol, protein. For example, a large amount of meat in the diet can cause the kidneys are not be able to cope with this protein load. As a consequence, the formation of stones and the development of kidney stones.
- The abuse of alcohol. When splitting it in the body of toxic substances enter the kidneys and cause inflammation and functional disorders. Another negative impact that alcohol – dehydration. As a result, the kidneys need to filter the thickened blood, which negatively affects their condition.
- A sedentary lifestyle. The kidneys are negatively related to the stagnation of blood that occurs during sedentary work.
As you can see below the kidneys to perform their functions without restrictions, it is necessary first of all to lead a healthy lifestyle. Today it is considered not only useful but also prestigious.