Asymmetry of the breast is a different shape or sizes of the two Breasts. The problem is, both congenital and acquired character. What there is asymmetry of the breast and how to fight it?
Varieties of asymmetry
With the problem of asymmetry of the breast experienced by women of different ages. Typically, the asymmetry is not a sign of disease, but at bright expressiveness it violates the proportions of the body and can cause serious psychological discomfort and even the development of an inferiority complex. Young women hesitate to wear swimsuits and even tight clothes, feel insecure, have problems of a personal nature. In such cases, you should think about contacting a plastic surgeon that will help to make the breast beautiful and proportional.
Please note: according to the statistics, the problem of breast asymmetry is observed in almost 80% of the fair sex.
Experts identify the following types of breast asymmetry:
- different sizes and location of the nipples and pigmentation;
- different degrees of sagging breast;
- asymmetrical shape and size of the breast;
- the difference in the projections, and the volume of the chest cavity;
- different location of the inframammary folds.
Important! A diagnosis of breast asymmetry is usually the fair sex, whose Breasts differ by 1 (or more) size posthalterei cups!
Why is one breast bigger than the other (less another)?
Doctors distinguish the following most common causes of asymmetry of the breast in women:
- genetic predisposition;
- traumatic injuries of the mammary glands;
- violations of the hormonal balance;
- diseases affecting the breast;
- improper feeding the child;
- hypoplasia of the glandular tissue.
Note: often, breast asymmetry is observed in adolescent girls, which is associated with development of the mammary glands and hormonal changes. As a rule, the problem goes away at the end of puberty.
In addition, to trigger the development of breast asymmetry and is capable of the following factors:
Important! Sometimes a sharp, pronounced asymmetry of the breast is a symptom of cancer, so even if you do not feel psychological discomfort, be sure to consult a specialist and pass inspection aimed at identifying the causes of the asymmetry!
Often the difference in the shape and size of the mammary glands becomes very noticeable with the young mom feeding baby breast. The reasons for this unpleasant phenomenon lie in the incorrect attachment of baby to the breast, irregular pumping milk, cracked nipples etc.
Correction of breast asymmetry
In order to effectively resolve the problem of breast asymmetry, it is necessary to begin to establish its causes. So, if asymmetries are related to pregnancy and breastfeeding, a woman we recommend the following:
- To pay special attention to the hygiene of the bust, to use products that prevent the appearance of cracks on the nipples.
- Attach baby to the breast, different glands.
- To comply with the rules Express breast milk.
In that case, if the asymmetry is a manifestation of any pathology (for example, mastitis or the presence of tumors), the treatment is directed primarily at eliminating the underlying disease.
Minor breast asymmetry is very effective such therapeutic techniques as a course of vacuum massage, mesotherapy, wearing compression underwear, special physical education classes.
Note: when pronounced breast asymmetry in which the Breasts differ by one size (or more) to get rid of the problem is possible only through the application of surgical techniques!
Surgery is indicated for uneven development of the mammary glands, and in the case of asymmetries due to a decrease in body weight, breastfeeding, hormonal disorders.
Who plastic allowed?
Surgical intervention aimed at the correction of the asymmetrical breast is not recommended in patients with the following health problems:
- endocrine pathology;
- diabetes mellitus;
- the acute form of infectious processes;
- violation of blood clotting;
- the aggravation of the disease occurring in the chronic form;
- malignant neoplasms;
- severe valvular heart disease;
- pulmonary pathology;
- heart failure.
Please note: do not conduct surgery for the correction of the bust of women awaiting the birth of a baby, and nursing moms! It is also not recommended surgical intervention in the first days of the menstrual cycle!
Preparing for plastic
Preparing for plastic surgery for breast asymmetry involves conducting the following diagnostic tests:
Important! Be sure to visit professionals such as breast physician and oncologist! The cosmetic surgery of the breast in benign tumors or mastitis can cause the development of cancer.
10 days prior to surgery the patient it is important to follow these medical recommendations:
- You to stop taking Aspirin, vitamin E and blood thinning drugs anticoagulants.
- Refrain from drinking alcoholic beverages.
On the eve of the plastics need to take a shower or bath. Dinner should be light and not late. On the day of surgery necessary to abandon the drinking and eating!
What surgery is recommended?
When correction of breast asymmetry surgery can be directed to increase breast (if she’s immature) and its reduction (hypertrophy).
For these purposes, modern professionals can use the following methods of surgical interventions:
- Breast reduction is recommended for hyperplasia. The operation is carried out with the help of reduction mammoplasty to achieve enhanced breast sizes corresponding to the normal breast.
- Breast augmentation is performed with unilateral hypoplasia. The problem is solved by installing a special implant size chosen accordingly to the volume of the normal breast.
- Breast lift when mastoptosis by various methods. This surgical procedure to improve breast shape and to eliminate the present asymmetry.
- Implanting, in a number of clinical cases required the establishment of bilateral implants of different sizes.
- Breast lift with a unilateral implant.
- Correction of the nipple and areola is subject to differences in shape and size nipple. During the surgical procedure, the doctor corrects the shape of the nipples and reduces the size of one of them (enhanced).
Breast surgery is carried out under anesthesia. Method surgery, the doctor determines individually, sometimes combining several methods (e.g. etching, implantation, correction of nipples). Depending on the extent and type of surgery, plastic can take anywhere from 1.5 to 4 hours.
The recovery period after surgical removal of breast asymmetry takes from 2 weeks to 1.5 months. The first few days after surgery, the patient stays in the clinic under the supervision of experts, after which it is discharged.
Please note: the seams after mammoplasty are removed after 1.5-2 weeks!
The first 3 weeks dangerous possibility of suture line disruption, onset of bleeding and infectious processes. During this period the patient should refrain from strenuous activity, heavy lifting, wearing a compression garment.
When excessive swelling, pain, difficulties with healing stitches, the doctor may prescribe painkillers, anti-inflammatory and antibiotic drugs.
In the first few weeks the patient is required to adhere to the following advice:
- to refrain from sports;
- do not raise too high hands;
- to lean over;
- not to make too sudden movements;
- do not take a hot bath (to wash the Breasts only after the stitches are removed very carefully and only with warm water);
- not to visit a bath or sauna;
- to avoid impacts on the mammary glands of ultraviolet rays.
Proper rest, proper nutrition, walks in fresh air, receiving immunomodulatory drugs and vitamin-mineral complexes, and most importantly, compliance with medical recommendations, will significantly speed up the recovery process and minimize the risk of complications, characteristic mammoplasty!
About the complications
Surgical correction of asymmetric breast can cause the typical development of the following complications:
In some cases, possibly even the development of sepsis, rejection of implants and other devastating consequences. To reduce the risk of complications can, wearing compression underwear and strictly observing the recommendations of the doctor during the rehabilitation period!
To avoid the development of breast asymmetry following tips will help professionals:
- follow basic rules of breast-feeding and expressing milk;
- avoid traumatic injuries, burns, breast;
- timely praecepit diseases affecting the breast;
- correctly pick up bra;
- do breast massage;
- exercise, swimming;
- do special exercises for strengthening the mammary glands.
With the help of a plastic surgeon to solve the problem of breast asymmetry will be most effectively and safely!