Newborn baby for each parent is the source of happiness and pride. And any violation of the condition of his health will not remain unnoticed by them.
Caring parents often have the fear to see how smooth and velvety the skin of their crumbs showered pimples. Why is this happening?
In some cases, should seek help from a doctor? To these and other questions we try to answer in this article.
The causes and types of rashes in infants
Rashes on baby skin – these are elements of a pathological nature, which are easy to identify by different color, texture and appearance. Rashes are of different nature and type.
The child on the skin can appear:
- the white dots.
Only after a thorough examination and determine the form of rashes, correct diagnosis, and, accordingly, adequate treatment. It is important in the appearance of acne in infants to consult a specialist who can professionally evaluate the appearance of the rash and determine the cause of the problem.
The main reasons for rashes in infants:
- Newborn acne and Milia.
- Food Allergy.
- “Drug” rash.
- Dermatitis (diaper dermatitis, contact, atopic).
- The sweating sickness.
- The rash of an infectious nature.
Next, consider all the above situation in more detail.
Rash in a newborn baby
As a rule, the parents in the first weeks of life your child face such rashes on his skin as:
- Acne of the newborn. It is subtle white spots, the appearance of which is of a physiological nature. According to statistics, with a similar rash faces a third of children in the first weeks and months after birth. Usually white pimples that appear on face, scalp and neck of a newborn, do not require any special treatment and use of drugs. Because they do not have a comedone – plugged pores, under normal conditions practically are not inflamed and do not fester.
According to experts, the cause of this kind of acne is an overabundance in the body of the kid of parent hormones. As soon as hormonal balance of the child will be normal (average 1-3 months), acne will disappear.
During hormonal rashes from parents is required to keep the baby’s skin dry and clean.
- Acnecovering large areas of skin. This type of rash can be identified by the red base and the white tip of the pimple. Under the skin accumulates pus a whitish-yellow color. Usually acne lesions appear a week after birth and can stay on the skin for almost a month. This problem arises from the active work of the glands. If the rash does not bring discomfort to the kid (not itchy, not itchy), and there is no inflammation, then parents don’t need to worry about them, everything will pass and there will be no single track.
- Milia is another kind of rash that is fairly common in newborns. The result is accumulation of secretions in the sebaceous glands, or in other words, clogging of sebaceous ducts, on the face appear small white spots, which eventually disappear without any treatment. These pimples is forbidden to squeeze or jerk, as this may cause infection and thus trigger the inflammatory process.
All of the above types of lesions are characteristic only for newborn babies, they are not contagious, and under certain rules of hygiene go away without medical treatment.
Food allergies in infants
Increasingly acne in infants are the result of food allergies. In appearance of allergic rash mostly resemble the nettle burns and can be painted in pink or red. However, there are cases when the allergic poisoning on the skin appear scaly patches (sometimes they can be observed in other parts of the skin). In running situations, when the allergen continues to act in the child’s body, the rash may take the form of scabs and start to get wet.
Sources of food Allergy for babies under one year are:
- Food mom (if breastfeeding). If a nursing mom ate some allergenic for baby’s product, the corresponding reaction on his body usually appears after 18 hours. It is therefore very helpful is keeping a food diary, in which the mother must write the name of the food indicating the time of the meal. To allergenic products include:
- red fish;
- cow’s milk (fat);
- red vegetables (tomatoes, beets);
- citrus and other exotic fruits.
- Components of the mixture (if not breastfeeding). Unfortunately, there are situations when a child is allergic to the protein contained in the mixture.
- Complementary feeding (for children from six months). During feeding the baby is also careful to refer to products which are potential allergens. It is also important to know that the child’s body can respond with allergic reactions to allergenic foods too early or inappropriate complementary feeding started.
Pimples on the skin of babies can also appear after taking some certain medicines.
This reaction is not related to Allergy, as a rule, is a side effect.
Rashes may appear from:
- vitamin complexes;
- the shells of the tablets;
- minerals: fluorine, iron;
- of herbal preparations.
If you are sure that acne on the skin of the baby in relation to the use of drugs, then you first need to cancel their appointment. If the rash persists, you need to seek help from a specialist.
Diaper rash and contact dermatitis
Nappy rash is a reaction of the baby’s skin to prolonged contact with a wet diaper. That is such a problem, evidenced by the presence of redness, blisters and peeling only on the area of the body where the skin touches the diaper. Since nappy rash is not an Allergy, antiallergic drugs is misplaced. His treatment consists in the proper care of the child and timely change diapers.
To heal already injured skin, you can apply the most effective such means as:
If nappy rash is already joined bacterial infection, then you should consult a doctor who will prescribe an appropriate course of treatment.
For contact dermatitis on the skin of babies may be small rash or redness that looks like wear and tear of the skin.
Generally, the occurrence of contact dermatitis may be due to:
- use washing powder with fragrance. You should prefer hypoallergenic means for washing children’s clothes;
- using rich conditioners;
- unnatural composition of children’s clothing;
- animal dander;
- flowering plants;
- other external stimuli.
Atopic dermatitis is characterized by redness and scaling of the single skin areas on the hands, buttocks, legs. After some time, there may be small bubbles. Atopic dermatitis of the child worried about itching, a few increased tonsils and adenoids.
According to experts, the main causes that trigger the occurrence of atopic dermatitis are:
- wrong food baby (dirty diet feeding mum too early or late introduction of complementary foods);
- problems in the gastrointestinal tract (GIT) of the child, including the overgrowth;
- application suitable for baby skin cosmetics;
- improper care;
- the predisposition to disease at the genetic level.
The diagnosis in this case can only physician. Atopic dermatitis refers to an allergic disease, so his treatment associated with the use of antihistamines and with the exception of the baby’s life allergens. Also doctors prescribe appropriate ointments and other treatment (biological products, herbal teas, etc.).
Hives and prickly heat
The rash looks like burn marks nettles.
Small red rash can occur in infants for different reasons, in particular:
- due to the experienced high levels of stress;
- from solar radiation;
- from the cold or heat;
- very rare from the strong friction of skin with clothes (tight elastic on underwear, strongly tightened belt, etc.).
In urticaria child can torment itching. If such rashes on the skin of the baby for a long time does not pass, then you need to visit a specialist, who will prescribe appropriate treatment. As a rule, in urticaria demonstrates the use of antihistamines (e.g., Fenistil or Suprastin), and in severe cases, the doctor may prescribe hormonal ointment.
Another kind of acne that are quite common in children of breast age is the sweating sickness. The main reason for the occurrence of this type of rash is prolonged perspiration on the skin as a result of its overheating.
That is, the appearance of small pink slightly convex rash is inevitable if:
- child excessive “tuck”;
- in hot weather the baby is dressed in clothes made of natural fabrics;
- in the room where the baby is, high temperature (recommended no more than 22 degrees);
- violated the rules of hygiene of a baby, that is when there is insufficient skin care.
Prickly heat is not contagious, and usually when the temperature decreases and caring she is. To accelerate the process of recovery of the skin helps the use of ordinary baby powder.
Unfortunately, pimples on infants body can also indicate the development of infectious diseases. Therefore, every parent should know, if there are any related symptoms should immediately seek medical help.
Paediatric infectious diseases in which the skin of the baby, there are various kinds of rashes:
- Varicella. In this disease the skin of the child appears specific rash, and almost simultaneously greatly increased body temperature. Varicella rash is small-sized bubbles with fluid, which eventually burst, becoming ulcers. In the process of healing of the wound covered with a crust, which in any case can not break. Later they disappear. Varicella lesions can be observed on the whole body, including the scalp.
- Scarlet fever. As a result of infection according to the infectious disease on the skin in the chest area, back and neck of the baby appear small petechial rash scarlet. Over time a rash appears on the body, however, with antibiotics it’s very quickly disappears. The characteristic symptom of scarlet fever is catching contrast on the face, nasolabial triangle, which remains white.
- Measles. By about the third to fifth day of illness, accompanied by high body temperature, face and ears are starting to be abundantly large and bright spots. Gradually similar lesions appear all over the body. It is worth noting that in measles the appearance of acne does not indicate the beginning of the disease, but rather that the patient is on the mend.
- Rubella. In this disease as in measles, the eruption appears about the third day of the disease. Pimples, when rubella is also spread all over the body, but less abundantly and clearly than in measles. After three to four days the rash disappears. The characteristic symptom of rubella are enlarged occipital lymph nodes.
- Children roseola, or three-day fever. The disease is characteristically, the baby suddenly and significantly raises body temperature, which is also sharply falls exactly on the third day. After three days of fever on the baby’s skin appear foci pink-red rash, which completely disappear in about a week.
To treat or not to treat acne in infants? The answer to this question can give only a doctor who sees and who made the diagnosis your baby. In any case, all experts are unanimous in the opinion that in any case can not self-medicate, especially when it comes to infant.