The organs and systems of the baby are moving to a mode of existence outside the safe and warm womb. All cells and tissues learn to function on their own, getting used to the different factors internal and external environment, full of different stimuli.
The birth of a baby is a wonderful and endlessly exciting period. The newborn and his parents are coming for weeks or perhaps months of adaptation. The body will gradually change and adapt to the world around us.
Sometimes this leads to protective reactions of the organism, which worried young parents. One such manifestation is the formation of a Mily.
What is Millie and how they manifest themselves
Milia, or milium is absolutely normal reaction of organism on newborn transition. They represent a kind of regular pimples, a single or numerous small whiteheads, which in appearance are not accompanied by any redness, inflammation and does not cause discomfort to the baby. Most often miliums measurement do not exceed 3 mm.
Causes of miliums
There are several factors contributing to the formation of Milia on face newborn:
- intrauterine penetration of excessive amounts of enzymes and hormones are passed directly from mother to fetus;
- the blockage of sebaceous glands and pores due to the slow adaptation to factors of the internal and external environment. It may be a reaction to breast milk, irritation from components of the air in the room, lack of activity of the internal organs and slow the action of the immune system of the newborn.
These reasons lead to the fact that on baby’s delicate skin appear white dots that inexperienced parents can take for white bumps. Pediatricians in such cases, reassure mom and dad, explaining that adaptation of the child to the environment is a perfectly natural and physiological process.
Where can form Milia
Most often small white rash on the skin of newborn babies appear where adults can observe increased activity of the sebaceous glands under the eyes, on the nose, in the area of the nasolabial fold. It is important to remember that despite their unsightly appearance miles do not contain pus and are not the result of an active, dangerous inflammatory process.
How to get rid of Milia
Pediatricians recommend not to pay attention to a mile in infants because their appearance is a normal process of adaptation of the skin. Most likely the top layer of the epidermis of a baby will clear on its own within a few weeks as soon as the child’s body will get used to the new air, diet and way of life. Some kids Milia can persist for up to 6 months, and then pass as quickly as it formed, leaving scars and marks on delicate skin.
In cases where parents are too afraid for appearance of the child and the state of his health, the doctors suggest using simple and safe tools that will not only contribute to the cleansing of the child, but will provide additional antiseptic and immune stimulating effect:
- To add to the bath for bathing decoction useful herbs – a series and chamomile. This will help to soothe the skin, stimulate the processes of regeneration and renewal, will clean the top layer of the epidermis and will then allow the kid to open up more freely. You can gently wipe the baby’s skin with a cotton pad moistened with a solution of chamomile, before bedtime.
- A similar effect has a classical tool known since the times of the Soviet Union – weak-pink solution of potassium permanganate. It is an active cleansing substance can be easily purchased at any pharmacy.
- In some cases, help ordinary wiping the baby’s face with a cotton swab dipped in clean boiled water.
It is important to remember that the use of herbs, herbal extracts or infusions ready for bathing babies can lead to allergic reactions due to the high content of essential oils. before applying best to consult a pediatrician.
What not to do
Some parents can be overzealous in the desire to clean baby’s skin from various bumps and rashes. The measures applied by them, can be absolutely superfluous.
Such manipulations include:
- the use of products that contain different types of alcohols. they can damage the baby’s skin to cause the formation of itching, dryness, flaking and even chemical burns. Such drugs include not only lotions to cleanse the skin of adults but also alcohol solution brilliant green, fukortsin and iodine;
- drawing on your baby’s skin moisturizing creams, oils or other means, characterized by high fat content. These manipulations will lead to a further clogging of the pores and accelerate the formation not only harmless Milia, and other skin inflammatory processes;
- trying to squeeze out the Milia or to pierce them with needles. Attempts of mechanical removal of problem can lead to secondary contamination and infection.
Ill-considered actions of parents can cause harmless physiological process of addiction becomes a dangerous acute or chronic disease. The formation of Milia best I can to make mum and dad to leave baby’s skin alone and not to disturb it to adapt to a new world.
5 thoughts on “Milia in newborns: causes, symptoms, treatments”
That’s very informative. I wonder if I could ask a few questions? Because..I can think of a few reasons that work with this.
Fantastic beat ! I wish to apprentice while youamend your website, how could i subscribe for a blog site?The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcastprovided bright clear idea
I conceive this web site has got some real good information for everyone
As I website possessor I believe the content material here is rattling wonderful , appreciate it for your efforts. You should keep it up forever! Best of luck.
Are you about to marry the guy or female of your daily life?Do you want to capture the happiest day of your lifetime on online video and put up it on your web site?Fashionable engineering enables you to movie special events like these then post them on the net in the variety of streaming movie.This short article will supply a few bits of advice on how you can do so.The first factor you require to do is purchase the right gear andemploy the service of the appropriate individuals for the work.Getting a single of your kin maintain film the full even applyinghis video digicam is not likely to cut it. If you do this all you will get is a weak high quality video comparable to observingthese dizzy hand camera filmed movies like Cloverfield.You never want individuals to vomit when watching your wedding video clip, do you?If not then you will want to hire a expert staff to take moviefootage of your wedding day. And let them use critical equipment this sort of as video lights,tripods, lapel microphones, and of course- the online video cameras.You will also will need to retain the services of a movie editing crew which will use webcast software programto edit your marriage ceremony online video into perfection. The team will also be able toedit your video into several formats that you can burn up into DVDsand upload to the online. Never use the software that self edits for the reason thatyou will close up with a combined top quality video.Also, you ought to make guaranteed that younevertheless act all-natural in entrance of the digicam.It would not look excellent if you are usually nervous simply becauseyou are consciously knowledgeable that you are being videotaped.You and your fiancé have earned only the best video clipof your marriage day.