The Japanese diet is in no way interconnected with the Japanese cuisine: the Japanese are not coffee fans, but prefer rice and seafood in terms of food. To get the desired result, it is important to thoroughly prepare for the transition to dietary nutrition, and in the end, smoothly return to the adjusted usual diet.
The Japanese 14-day, 13-day, or 7-day diet is based on a limited intake of fats and carbohydrates. It is recognized as effective and is very popular among girls and women from our regions, although it is very specific. Following all the recommendations, it will not be difficult to throw 7-11 kg.
Do not resort to “Japanese” more than once every 2 years and do not extend the recommended time.
The essence of the Japanese diet is to optimize metabolism. It is important to clearly adhere to the menu without changing at will either the products in it or the sequence of days. Prepare each dish with enthusiasm and eat slowly, imagining yourself as the most slender. To really feel the spirit of Japan, you can try to master Chinese sticks.
Allowed and Prohibited Products
Japanese salt-free diet is characterized by a peculiar rigidity. However, it is ideal for girls who love coffee, and in food they prefer fish and meat.
The diet is based on the use of protein foods and limiting the intake of fats and carbohydrates.
The menu consists of the following products:
- chicken and beef;
- cheese and kefir with a low percentage of fat content;
- vegetables fruits.
You can drink only natural black coffee and clean water. Sometimes coffee can be replaced with green or herbal tea. “Japanese” is dangerous by dehydration, so you need to drink at least 1.5 liters of drinking water daily.
For 7-14 days, depending on the chosen duration of the diet, it is forbidden to use:
- salt, sugar, any seasonings;
- bakery products (with the exception of those indicated in the menu);
- smoked meats;
- bananas, grapes;
Salt prevents the elimination of fluid from the body, and any alcoholic beverages trap toxins.
We must say right away that this diet is not balanced and neglects the needs of the human body for vitamins and minerals. To prevent deterioration of the skin, brittle hair and nails, you can take multivitamins.
The advantages and disadvantages of the Japanese diet
- The diet helps to remove excess fluid from the body and restructuring metabolism, improving metabolism for a period of about two years, and also burns fat;
- High speed weight loss. The more extra pounds you have, the more it will turn off;
- The body quickly gets used to the regimen of this diet (in just 1-2 days).
- Three meals a day and low calorie menu;
- The menu does not indicate the exact daily rate of vegetable oil, which creates the risk of exceeding the allowable limit and reducing the effectiveness of the diet;
- The Japanese diet for weight loss is not balanced. It requires concurrent intake of vitamins;
- “Japanese” involves the daily use of coffee, which some may be contraindicated. In this case, it is necessary to consult with a nutritionist regarding the possibility of replacing coffee, for example, green tea;
- Limited time, unsuitability for long-term use. You can not go on a diet for more than two weeks, because you can disrupt metabolic processes;
- Weight loss is mainly due to dehydration, and not a decrease in body fat.
What contraindications exist
Before exposing your health to undue risk, read the list of contraindications to the salt-free Japanese diet:
- diseases of the heart, kidneys, liver;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- transitional age;
- regular work associated with strong physical exertion.
To make weight loss comfortable and safe, you can only consult with your doctor.
Varieties of Japanese Diet
There are several varieties of the Japanese diet.
Between themselves, they are not significantly different in terms of the menu, their duration is different:
- 7 days – has an important minus: extra kilos melt mainly due to the removal of fluid from the body;
- 13 days is the most popular variation, so we will consider it in detail;
- 14 days – differs from the previous one in just one day, it is used depending on desire and well-being to consolidate the results.
7 days fast weight loss
The Japanese diet for 7 days allows you to lose 4 to 6 kg of excess weight. The maximum effect can be achieved if it is properly prepared for it. 3 days before switching to a diet, completely limit the intake of alcohol, sweets, whole smoked, spicy, salty. So the body will be easier to adapt to a new type of food.
The diet is primarily aimed at enhancing metabolic processes, so it is important to drink 1.5-2 liters of pure water daily:
- one glass in the morning on an empty stomach for better awakening;
- one glass half an hour before each meal;
- the rest is during the day.
The power system must be very accurate, any deviation from the menu is unacceptable. Therefore, try to buy all the necessary products for the next day in a timely manner.
The menu of the Japanese diet for 7 days is:
Having woken up, go to the kitchen and make yourself coffee (we strongly recommend it is natural) without adding sugar. For lunch, boil 2 hard-boiled eggs, chop Beijing or white cabbage for salad with long strips, season it with vegetable oil (preferably sesame or olive), drink a glass of tomato juice. Dinner should consist of a piece of stewed low-fat fish (absolutely unsalted, of course).
In the morning, drink a cup of black coffee, you can eat one small cracker with bran. For lunch, cook in a double boiler a fish with a side dish of stewed cabbage. Dinner with a 100 gram slice of boiled beef. Before going to bed, you can drink a glass of 1% kefir at room temperature.
A cup of invigorating aromatic coffee in the morning will make your day! At lunch, fry in sunflower oil or stew large squash in a small amount of water. For dinner, prepare a salad of cabbage, boiled eggs and a piece of steamed beef. Sprinkle it with vinegar.
Breakfast with coffee and crackers. At lunch, you need to drink a raw egg (preferably homemade, not a store), biting a slice of hard cheese and grated carrots seasoned with butter.
True, grated carrots were delicious yesterday at lunch? Today the same thing must be prepared for breakfast by sprinkling a salad with a drop of lemon juice. For lunch, bake fish and drink tomato juice. In the evening, clean yourself a couple of apples.
A breakfast consisting only of coffee awaits you. For dinner, boil a large (about 0.5 kg) chicken breast, prepare a salad of cabbage. For dinner – 2 eggs and the same cabbage salad.
Have a cup of green tea in the morning. Dine today with boiled veal and one apple. Dinner can be the same as one of the dinners of the previous 6 days (except the 3rd).
The kilograms lost in one week mainly consist of the contents of the intestines and stomach, as well as the fluid removed from the body. Therefore, to consolidate the results, start eating right instead of returning to your usual diet, which has become the reason for having to go on a diet.
Lose Weight in 13 Days
The Japanese diet for 13 days requires a certain psychological attitude (imagine how slim you will be very soon!) And a gradual decrease in the calorie intake on the eve. Drink plenty of water daily, cook according to the recommended menu, without changing products or increasing serving sizes.
The menu of the Japanese diet for 13 days looks like this:
At breakfast, drink a cup of freshly brewed natural coffee (forget about instant coffee or from a bag!). For lunch, eat 2 eggs, stewed cabbage (or, if you do not like it, cabbage salad), drink tomato juice. In the evening, fry 200 gr. low-fat marine fish (hake, pollock, cod are great).
In the morning – coffee and a small cracker (biscuit cookie). For lunch 100-200 gr. fried (or steamed) fish, fresh cabbage salad. Dinner – 100 gr. veal and a glass of yogurt.
As usual, have breakfast coffee. You can diversify it with biscuit cookies. The second meal is zucchini fried in sunflower oil. In the evening, eat 2 boiled eggs, a piece of boiled veal and a cabbage salad.
Morning usually begins with coffee. We have lunch with a raw egg (be careful, buy only fresh home-made product!), With three grated boiled carrots with olive oil and hard cheese (no more than 15-20 gr.). In the evening – eat fruits (which you want, except for those prohibited).
In the morning, you can afford a fresh carrot salad dressing with lemon juice and oil. For lunch – 200 gr. boiled fish and a glass of tomato juice. Dinner is fruit.
Having woken up, habitually go to the kitchen to make coffee. At lunch, boil chicken breast (500 gr. Fillet), make a carrot or cabbage salad. Dinner includes 2 boiled eggs, grated raw carrots (200 gr.) Mixed with a drop of olive oil.
In the morning, drink only green tea. At lunchtime, eat 100-200 gr. boiled veal and favorite not so sweet fruits. Dinner – a choice of any of the proposed options of the previous days (except the 3rd).
You are doing great! And how inspiring when the results are already visible! Today’s breakfast is green gull again (no sugar, remember?). For lunch, cook 400-500 gr. chicken and prepare a salad of cabbage or carrots. We will have dinner with two boiled eggs and grated carrots with dressing, lemon juice + olive oil (portion 200 gr.).
Fresh carrot salad with a couple of drops of lemon juice for breakfast, 500 gr. boiled fish plus a glass of tomato juice – for lunch. Dine with any fruit you like.
Have a cup of coffee in the morning (coffee lovers don’t get used to having breakfast like this). At lunch, overpower one raw egg, eat a salad of three boiled carrots, flavored with butter, and a slice of hard cheese. In the evening, you can only eat unsweetened fruits.
In the morning, we will diversify familiar coffee with rye crackers or two biscuit cookies. Fry zucchini for lunch. In the evening, cook a couple of eggs and 200 gr. beef, make a cabbage salad by adding a little bit of dressing.
We have breakfast similar to yesterday. For dinner, fry the fish, prepare a cabbage salad. Dinner will be a piece of boiled beef (about 200 gr.) And a glass of kefir.
A cup of black natural coffee will help to wake up and perk up, because today is the last dietary day. Lunch consists of two hard-boiled eggs, cabbage-carrot salad and a glass of tomato juice. Dinner – fried or boiled fish (200 gr.).
The duration of the classic Japanese diet is 13 days. For the long term, it is not suitable. If, as a result, you do not change your culinary habits, then in a short time the kilograms lost are most likely to return. Thus, the result is fast, but relatively short-lived, because you lose up to 11 kg of weight, but, alas, not fat.
Diet for 14 days
The two-week Japanese diet is considered quite rigid, so it is important to prevent a nervous or food breakdown caused by the body’s indignation from eating low-calorie foods. Diet is not easy to sustain (it is especially difficult in the first days). Perhaps a feeling of hunger and general weakness. But the numbers on the scales, creeping clearly down from day to day, are great stimulants!
The menu of the Japanese diet for 14 days is completely similar to the menu for 13 days.
All meals on the 14th day duplicate the 12th:
- Breakfast coffee with biscuits;
- Dine 200 gr. steamed fish, as well as coleslaw and carrots;
- Dine 200 gr. boiled veal and kefir.
The meaning of the last day is to consolidate the changes in metabolism to prevent rapid weight gain at the end of the salt-free diet.
Our helpful tips for losing weight
- On the eve of the transition to dietary nutrition, you should not eat enough. Organize your fasting day: in the morning and in the afternoon, drink a glass of kefir, a light dinner can consist of a small portion of rice, buckwheat or vegetable salad. Go to bed with a positive attitude !;
- Positive results can be achieved only if the diet is strictly observed without giving yourself concessions and without taking breaks;
- For salad dressing, it is best to take olive oil – it most effectively contributes to weight loss;
- Cook meat and fish in a double boiler or fry in a pan with a minimum of oil;
- When leaving the diet, try not to immediately lean on prohibited foods, so as not to harm the metabolism. Increase the calorie content of the diet gradually: salt the food a little, and eat a little flour and sweet. If you arrange a feast of the abdomen, then the lost pounds may well return very quickly, also with an increase.