Note that radish is a delicious root vegetable, from which salads and cold soups are prepared, less often stewed and even fried. Even radish leaves are suitable for cooking delicious dishes. Therefore, its popularity is understandable.
The composition of the radish completely explains its popularity during the spring vitamin deficiency. It is rich in vitamins PP, C, B vitamins, it also has a large amount of sodium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and calcium, as well as fiber, protein and essential oils, which helps a lot in losing weight. It is also important that in the radish only 15 kcal per 100 g. Therefore, you can safely add it to dishes with diet food.
With the advent of heat, seasonal products begin to appear on store shelves, which with such zeal are used to prepare light meals in pursuit of vitamins. One such delicious and popular vegetable is radish. In view of the active use of the vegetable, we have prepared information on the properties of radishes: what are the benefits and harms of radishes. Take a note.
The benefits of radish for the body
- Radish enhances immunity, fights colds.
- Since the foliage acid radish greens, the vegetable is useful for women’s health and proper development of the fetus for pregnant women.
- In the fight against vitamin deficiency, radish breaks records: only 250 grams of fruits provide the body with the daily norm of ascorbic acid.
- A vegetable lowers blood sugar and increases hemoglobin levels. Fiber in the vegetable establishes metabolic processes, removes cholesterol and normalizes the digestive tract, therefore it is useful for those who are overweight, fighting diabetes and gout.
- Radish also has a choleretic effect and relieves swelling. Overall, very beneficial for the gallbladder and liver.
- The benefit of radish is that it helps the cardiovascular system and even helps in the fight against cancer.
Harm and contraindications of radish
- Radishes should not be eaten by people with thyroid problems, since abuse can cause tumors.
- Radishes are also banned for those suffering from an ulcer.
- In the use of radishes, caution should be exercised in case of exacerbations of diseases of the gallbladder, duodenum and liver.