Beetroot contains a huge amount of useful substances: glucose, fructose, sucrose, pectin. Vitamins, minerals, trace elements: B, BB, C (a little), carotenoids, folic and pantothenic acids, potassium, iron, magnesium, manganese, iodine, cobalt, copper, zinc, phosphorus, sulfur, cesium, rubidium, chlorine, organic acids, aminoxylates and a large amount of fiber. Read more about the beneficial properties of beets below.
Beetroot was brought to us in ancient times from Byzantium, and even then it was considered a medicinal vegetable. And modern scientists have proved that beets are unique in their properties, and no other product can replace it in the human diet. The uniqueness of beets is associated with two points. Firstly, it is a set of elements that are not found anywhere else, and secondly, beets contain a large number of substances that are not subject to destruction during cooking.
Beetroot helps prevent cancerous tumors. Beetroot juice cleanses the body by removing harmful toxins. In addition, it can also reverse the development of various types of cancer.
Another advantage of beets is that it has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Thanks to these properties, cell damage is reduced and eliminated, and skin aging is slowed down.
Beetroot juice helps to improve the absorption of fats and establish metabolism in the body. It also effectively cleanses the intestines and enhances peristalsis. A high fiber content provides an easy and healthy bowel movement.
Benefits for pregnant women
Pregnant women are also advised to consume beets, as it contains a large amount of folic acid, which prevents the birth defects of the baby.
Beets are a good source of carotenes necessary for the health of the retina. That is why people with poor eyesight are advised to drink beetroot juice regularly.
If you regularly use beetroot juices, you can increase the level of endurance of your body. In addition, this drink helps reduce fatigue and muscle pain caused by intense workouts.
Decreased likelihood of dementia
Beets can improve blood supply to the brain, thereby reducing the likelihood of age-related diseases such as dementia.
If you suffer from anemia, start eating more beets, as it is rich in iron, which helps to increase the number of red blood cells and hemoglobin.
Beetroot juice improves liver cell function. High fiber helps stimulate the production of detoxifying enzymes, and also improves fat metabolism, reducing the risk of developing fatty liver disease.
The benefits of beets for beauty
Beetroot juice helps get rid of inflammatory conditions of the skin (acne and acne).
Beets help cleanse the blood and improve blood circulation. Regular consumption of beetroot juice makes the face healthy and naturally radiant. The leaves of a vegetable have the same properties.
Due to its high antioxidant content, beets help fight the signs of aging. It also contains lycopene, which can protect the skin from harmful sunlight, while maintaining its elasticity.
Beetroot contains all the useful nutrients that improve hair growth, namely: vitamins B and C, proteins, phosphorus, carbohydrates and much more.
Beets have both antipruritic and anti-inflammatory properties. Regular consumption of it helps to get rid of itching and dry scalp.
Smoothing the skin and removing age spots
Beetroot juice can not only be drunk, but also applied to the skin. By doing this regularly, you can significantly reduce the marks of scars and age spots.
Beauty and health of hair
Beetroot juice contains beneficial carotenoids that help improve blood circulation, which nourishes the hair follicles and makes hair healthy and shiny.
Beetroot Beauty Recipes
- Nourishing mask for dry skin. Boil the beets, grate them on a fine grater. Mix 1 tablespoon of grated beets with 1 egg yolk. Apply on face for 30 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- Anti-inflammatory mask for problem skin. Mix freshly squeezed beet juice with grated raw potatoes, add flour until the sour cream is thick. Apply on face for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse with cool milk diluted with water in a 1: 1 ratio.
- Acne lotion. In the water in which the beets were cooked (approximately 0.5 liters), add 1 tablespoon of natural apple cider vinegar. Store the lotion in a dark place. Wipe your face every morning with a lotion moistened with a cotton pad.
- Beetroot scrub. 1 tablespoon grated beets, mix with 3 tablespoons of oatmeal. Apply the resulting scrub to previously cleansed face skin. Massage lightly and leave for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with warm water and apply a moisturizer.
- Hair mask for dandruff. Rub the raw beets on a fine grater, apply the gruel on the hair along the entire length, cover the head with plastic wrap, tie a towel over it. After 30-40 minutes, rinse with warm water. Do the procedure once or twice a week for 2.5-3 months.
- Mask for shine hair. Mix the freshly squeezed juices of beets and carrots, apply to clean, damp hair along the entire length. Put on a plastic bag and heat it well with a hairdryer. Leave the mask for 30 minutes, rinse with cool water. Please note that this mask dyes hair, so it is better to use it for girls with dark or red hair.
These are just some of the amazing benefits of beets. Despite the fact that it does not have side effects, some people should consult a doctor before including it in their diet. This applies to people with low blood pressure, diabetes, diarrhea, kidney stones and the bladder.