Considered medicines belong to one pharmacological group. They are used for similar pathologies associated with circulatory disorders. They contribute to the improvement of cellular nutrition, have a vasodilating effect. Available in the form of tablets and injections. Both drugs have domestic production.
The main difference between these drugs is the different active substance and its origin. Therefore, their effectiveness is different. They also have various contraindications, side effects.
Another significant difference is the price. The cost of Actovegin for a package of 60 tablets will cost 1,500 rubles . Pentoxifylline will cost about 200 rubles for the same package.
The advantage of the second remedy is that it has proven effectiveness. It has been used for a long time, so its pharmacological effect has been well studied. This makes it possible to choose the maximum dosage, which will speed up the healing process.
The protocols of some countries do not include Actovegin treatment, but a large number of doctors note the beneficial effect of this drug on the body in complex therapy.
Pathologies associated with circulatory disorders can pose a great danger to humans. Self-medication in this case can turn into sad consequences. It is also unacceptable to replace one tool with another on its own. At the first suspicious symptoms, you should immediately contact a specialist. He will conduct the necessary comprehensive examination and draw up a treatment regimen for each patient individually.
Due to impaired circulation of the vascular system of the brain, internal organs, lower extremities, many serious pathologies arise. For their treatment, special medicines that improve microcirculation are used. Actovegin and Pentoxifylline were very popular among them.
Characteristics of the drug Actovegin
It is a drug that activates the metabolism of tissues , improves cellular nutrition, and also stimulates regeneration. The active substance is aimed at protecting nerve cells from pathogenic factors, accelerating blood circulation and metabolism. It enhances the absorption, utilization of oxygen and glucose, thereby improving the energy metabolism of cells.
It is available in the form of film-coated tablets, ointments, as well as injection solutions. The effect occurs 30 minutes after administration. The maximum concentration occurs approximately 3 hours after the injection and 5 hours after oral administration. The duration of treatment is from one to six months, depending on the diagnosis.
The main indications for use are:
- Decreased memory, mental performance, including conditions after strokes.
- Disturbance of peripheral blood supply, its consequences.
- The complication of diabetes.
It is forbidden to take in the presence of the following factors:
- Hypersensitivity to the components.
- Intolerance to fructose, glucose.
- Persons under the age of eighteen.
Use with caution in pregnant and lactating women. The appointment should be according to the strict recommendations of the doctor if the benefit of the treatment exceeds the potential risk to the child.
Of the unwanted side effects, allergic reactions, fever, skin itching, redness, and hives may occur. In this case, you should reduce the dosage or stop taking it, notifying the doctor.
It is released according to the prescription form.
Characterization of the drug Pentoxifylline
It is a medication that helps to expand the lumen of blood vessels , improve blood circulation, reduce blood viscosity. It also supplies tissues with oxygen in the brain and lower extremities. Increases the tone of the respiratory muscles, intercostal muscles. It has a positive effect on the nervous system, increases the elasticity of red blood cells, eliminates pain and cramps of the lower extremities. Available in tablet form, solutions for intravenous and intramuscular administration.
The indications for the use of this tool include:
- Disturbance of peripheral blood circulation, cellular nutrition.
- Difficult arterial blood supply to the hands, feet.
- Chronic vascular disease.
- Postponed acute thrombosis.
- Frostbite, gangrene, trophic ulcers.
- Damage to the arteries of the brain with cholesterol plaques.
- Viral lesions of the nervous system.
- Transferred ischemia of the heart.
- Damage to the bone capsule of the inner ear.
Not allowed for use in the following cases:
- Individual intolerance to the components.
- Disorder of pigment exchange.
- Acute myocardial infarction.
- Cerebral hemorrhage.
- Massive blood loss.
- The period of gestation, breastfeeding.
- Violation of the frequency of contraction of the heart.
Use with caution in case of kidney, liver, heart failure, after operations, ulcerative lesions of the esophagus.
Side effects may occur during use:
- Involuntary muscle contractions.
- Feeling anxious.
- Dizziness, migraine.
- Fragility of nails.
- Swelling, increased blood flow, causing redness of the skin.
- Obstruction of the outflow of bile.
- Exacerbation of gallbladder inflammation.
- Decreased bowel contraction.
- Dry mouth, decreased appetite.
- Heart palpitations.
- Pressure drop.