For independent use or when traveling it is more convenient to use the medicine in the form of tablets. Not everyone can make an injection to himself.
- This medicine is contraindicated in young children, it is prescribed from 6-8 years. It is important to take into account the body weight of the child. In this case, only tablets are attributed, starting with a small dosage. Diclofenac in ampoules is not used. Only from 14-18 years old, you can use the medicine in injections.
- For older people, the drug is prescribed in the lowest effective doses. Therefore, it is better to start with taking the pill. Do not forget that at an older age, the risk of side effects increases. If a strong pain factor is present, then diclofenac in injections is suitable for the quick relief of pain. Also, with great caution, the drug is prescribed for people with low weight. In this case, it is better to use tablets.
- After surgery, diclofenac in ampoules is more effective in use. In order to accelerate the relief of severe pain, the drug is administered intramuscularly twice a day. In a couple of days it will be possible to switch to tablets.
- Diclofenac in injections for traumatic injuries works better. It will relieve inflammation and swelling at the site of a fracture or dislocation in a shorter time.
- With exacerbation of osteochondrosis, sciatica, lumbago, diclofenac in ampoules is better, since the effect of the drug will be faster and the pain will be more effectively relieved.
In most cases, the doctor prescribes the form of the drug. Self-medication is not advisable.
In what form is diclofenac better? The choice depends on the appointment of the doctor, the degree of damage, as well as the pain nature of the disease. This tool is available in various forms: tablets, ointments, injections. They are used according to the testimony. Consider the comparative characteristics of the drug in tablets and injections.
Diclofenac is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. It has an analgesic, antipyretic effect, relieves the inflammatory process. The active substance is sodium diclofenac in a dosage of 25 , or 50 mg . It has a white color. It is taken orally without chewing, washed down with a sufficient amount of water.
The drug has a negative effect on the gastrointestinal tract, therefore it is necessary to drink the medicine during or after a meal. It is soluble in the intestines. Thanks to a good circulatory network, it enters the bloodstream.
One milliliter of solution contains 25 mg of active ingredient. Transparent, or a little yellowish, has a slight specific smell. Available in 3 milliliters . It is used intramuscularly, it is necessary to enter the drug deep into the gluteal muscle. It is necessary to take injections in turn, then in one buttock, then in another.
It is advisable not to give an injection on an empty stomach, since the medicine can aggravate existing diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. Before the injection, the ampoule must be heated to body temperature.
What are they like
Indications, contraindications, side effects are common for Diclofenac in both forms. It is prescribed for rheumatic diseases, pain after surgery or trauma, gynecological inflammatory diseases. Helps with myalgia, neuralgia, with back pain, exacerbation of gout.
- Allergic reaction.
- Bleeding of the gastrointestinal tract, acute peptic ulcer, inflammatory processes of the intestine.
- Hepatic, renal failure.
- Diseases of the peripheral arteries. With prolonged use, it is important to monitor blood counts.
- Stroke, heart attack.
This medicine can cause bronchial spasm, so it is advisable not to use it for bronchial asthma. Cautious use is required in the elderly.
During pregnancy and lactation, the drug is not prescribed. Only if the expected benefit to the mother outweighs the risk to the fetus. Also, women who plan to become pregnant in the near future are not recommended to take this medicine.
After oral administration, the tablet begins to act after 30 min-1 hour . This is because it takes time for the medicine to dissolve in the stomach and enter the bloodstream, and from there it will be delivered to the “destination”. Also, eating reduces the speed of the pill through the stomach. But it is important only during or after a meal to take the medicine to reduce side effects. If the drug was injected, then the action begins within 15-30 minutes . Intramuscular administration ensures that the active substance penetrates the blood faster. The solution is closer to the blood in structure, therefore it is absorbed more actively.
Diclofenac penetrates well into body tissues. The maximum concentration in the synovial fluid is reached after about 4-6 hours. This contributes to a good analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect.
The diclofenac tablet contains either 25 or 50 mg. In one ampoule, the dosage is 75 mg . For a more pronounced and quick action, a large dose is better if there are no contraindications for its administration. If you need to take a small dose, then tablets are good.
The tool has a toxic effect on the digestive system . The introduction of the drug in an ampoule carries a lower risk of exacerbating chronic diseases. Reception in the form of tablets, on the contrary, due to the direct effect on the gastric mucosa, can most likely cause side effects. But it is important to understand that regardless of the method of administration, diclofenac negatively affects the gastrointestinal tract.
One of the side effects of the injection is pain during the injection . The product may dissolve poorly in the muscle due to improper administration. An abscess may form. When using pills, such problems can be avoided.