Since “Singlon” is the closest analogue for “Singular”, it is not surprising that the preparations are very similar.
Of course, the active substance is the same for them. It is montelukast sodium. In addition, both medicines are available in tablet form (as previously mentioned). It was also noted that they are used to treat and prevent the same diseases, and their action is directed to almost identical problem areas.
Do not forget about the common side effects, which include:
- The upper airways become more susceptible to infections.
Pharmacokinetics, which include the processes of metabolism, excretion and absorption, are also similar.
In conclusion, it should be noted that the dosage and recommended time of administration are valid for both drugs – 1 tablet per day, evening.
Diseases that cause breathing difficulties are a serious and common problem. According to statistics today:
- About 300 million people suffer from bronchial asthma.
- In 20-40 million people every year allergic rhinitis is detected, 40% of which are children.
- Every fourth adult has polyps in the nose.
These are the main ailments in which the patient can be prescribed the drugs in question.
“Singular” is produced in the UK and the Netherlands by Merck Sharp and Dome B.V. It is a square beige tablets in a film membrane. This medication is used in case of diseases that make breathing difficult and, as a rule, is prescribed by the course.
Tablets “Singular” have the following effects:
- Prevent the development of bronchospasm in asthma.
- Optimal complement the action of inhalers.
- Reduce the frequency of asthma attacks.
- The greatest efficiency is achieved in the fight against mild and moderate degree.
- They proved to be good both against seasonal exacerbation of allergic rhinitis, and with year-round, chronic runny nose caused by allergies.
The drug is absorbed quickly enough. Also, clinical studies have proven its effectiveness, which is not related to food intake.
Like absorption, the “Singular” quickly “leaves” the body – in about a week. Withdrawal is via feces, urine, and bile.
In case of an overdose (more than 20 times the recommended dose), theophylline decreases (a result of the caffeine metabolism produced by the liver).
Overview at Singlon
Chewing pills oval / round (depending on the dosage of the active substance, “R13 ″ /” R14 “, respectively), beige, which are produced in Poland by the company Gideon Richter.
- Comprehensive and complete treatment of asthma in children from 2 years of age.
- Substitution of small doses of inhaled steroids in the case of a mild form of the disease.
- Prevention of bronchospasm, the cause of which is physical activity.
- Improving breathing with polyps in the nose, by removing edema in the mucous membrane.
Singleon treatment is recognized as an alternative option for controlling asthma in the early stages of the disease.
But despite the large number of similarities, these drugs have a number of differences:
- With an identical main component, its dosage in one tablet is different, for “Singular” – from 5 to 10 mg, while in “Singleon” – 4/5 mg.
- From the above description, you can see that the manufacturing countries differ from them, which in turn seriously affects the price of the goods. For example, the original costs 1000 rubles. per package (in the package – 14 tablets), and the cost of the analogue is 800 rubles. for 28 tab. with the same content of montelukast (5 mg).
- Although both drugs are tabletted, the method of their administration is different: the original is swallowed, the analogue is chewed.
- In addition to the common side effects, a patient taking “Singlon” may have trouble sleeping (especially nightmares), hallucinations, general malaise, hypertension, enuresis, and others.
Based on the foregoing, we can conclude that in connection with the amount of active substance: “Singlon” is allowed to be taken from 2 years of age (dose – 4 mg.), And “Singular” is shown only from 6 years old ( 5 mg.), and with 10 milligrams of montelukast – from 15 years. Also, based on customer reviews, you should pay attention to the great effectiveness of the original in the treatment of allergic rhinitis.
When it comes to asthma, the result is almost the same, and the cost is completely different. Another criterion by which the choice is made is the method of administration, as there are situations when the patient cannot swallow the tablets. The last aspect is that in case of bronchial asthma, these medications can not replace inhalers with attacks. Although with exacerbations of the disease, it is not recommended to stop taking “Singular” / “Single”.
Taking everything into account, you need to remember a long list of side effects (especially if the patient is a child), so self-medication without the knowledge of a doctor is strongly discouraged!