Choosing between these two drugs, we can conclude that their actions are very similar, No-shpa is an improved analogue of Papaverine. But it already has an enhanced effect and the safest effect on the human body.
At the same time , Papaverine has a lower cost. And also its advantages include the fact that the medicine is available not only in the form of tablets, solutions, but also in the form of candles. This option is widely used in gynecology.
With a wide variety of drugs, a person has a need to obtain information about their composition and principle of action. Papaverine and No-shpa medicines are quite popular, which are related to antispasmodics of myotropic action.
The main features of Papaverine
The medication is recommended for prophylactic use in angina pectoris. A characteristic feature of the drug is a smooth increase in coronary vessels. At the beginning of the use of the medication, a person has a feeling of lack of oxygen. The effect of the drug is explained by the fact that its components increase the tone of large vessels, including cerebral vessels. It also exhibits an antispasmodic effect on veins, respiratory system and genitourinary.
With severe pain or discomfort in the chest area, doctors recommend using the medication in combination with other medicines that have a stronger effect. The form of release of the drug is suppository and solution for intramuscular and intravenous injection. It is not recommended to use when smoking, because the result will be almost imperceptible.
Side effects of the drug:
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Extrasystole of the ventricles of the heart.
- Allergy caused by drug components.
- Bifurcation in the eyes, which occurs with an overdose of the drug.
The main features of the medicinal medication “No-spa”
The main component in the composition of the drug is drotaverine. They use the medicine in two ways:
The drug may interact with other agents in complex treatment. In contraindications, experts indicate impaired concentration of attention, therefore it is forbidden to drive a car or play sports after taking it for two hours. And also drugs are prescribed for treatment or prevention during pregnancy, to maintain the life of the uterus. Overdosing can lead to cardiac arrest.
It is recommended to use “No-shpu” for the following disorders in the body:
- Contractions associated with diseases of the biliary tract. That is, inflammation of the gallbladder and the formation of stones in it. As well as inflammation of the serous membrane, pathological formation of stones in the gallbladder, inflammation of the bile ducts.
- Smooth muscles in the urinary tract.
- With inflammation of the bladder and mucous membrane of the renal pelvis, as well as with cutting pain in the bladder.
As an additional medication, doctors recommend during treatment in the following diseases:
- Contraction of the smooth muscles of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Inflammatory processes on the mucous membrane of the stomach.
- Contractions in the human esophagus.
- Inflammation of the inner lining of the colon.
- Pain during the menstrual cycle.
- Diseases of the mucous membrane in the small intestine.
Side effects of the medication:
- Lowering blood pressure.
- Severe throbbing pain in the head.
- Sleep disturbance.
- Feeling tired.
- Violation of the proper functioning and functions of the intestine.
- Allergic manifestations. Namely: nettle rash, irritation and redness on the skin.
It is forbidden to use the drug in the following cases:
- Strong susceptibility to the main substance or any of the additional components of the drug.
- Chronic renal and hepatic failure.
- Children (the use of the drug by babies in clinical trials has not been studied).
- Chronic heart failure.
- Lactation period.
- With bronchial asthma.
- With chronic bronchitis.
What do Papaverine and No-Shp have in common?
The main similarities of the drugs:
- The main active ingredient is drotaverine.
- Available in the form of tablets and injection.
- The dosage of medicines is the same: 20 mg and 40 mg.
- Behind the principle of action are very similar. They affect the human body in a complex way, relaxing all the smooth muscles of the intestine, stomach, genitourinary organs.
What is the difference between drugs?
The main differences include:
- Antianginal effect. No-shpa has a longer-lasting nature of action.
- Histohematological barrier. In this case, the leadership is Papaverine. He passes the barrier much faster.
- The withdrawal of the drug from the body. “Papaverine” is excreted by the kidneys, and “No-spa” is 50% kidney, and 30% intestine.
- The rate of expansion of blood vessels. Papaverine is one of the very first antispasmodic drugs, but in the modern world it has lost its position. In order for the medication to expand the vessels, it needs a sufficiently large dose, which is very harmful to the body. Doctors recommend taking the drug only with the complex treatment of hypertension and angina pectoris. “No-shpa” dilates blood vessels very evenly, and the dose of the medication is needed small.
- Side effects. “No-spa” far exceeded the capabilities of “Papaverine”, because its active substances do not have obvious side effects, and the components of the drug are completely absorbed by the body. The latter fact also affects the duration of the effect after application. At No-shpa it is much longer.
- Auxiliary effect. “No-shpu” is used as an additional medication for many medicines. In tandem with antispasmodics, it enhances their effect, and in combination with antidepressants increases arterial hypotension.
- It is forbidden to use both drugs with ethanol or its derivatives.