The medications under consideration belong to one pharmacological group of drugs that eliminate the high acidity of the digestive juice. They have general indications for use. The most common diseases for their purpose are a burning sensation in the chest caused by various causes, gastritis, and ulcerative formations. Well help in complex treatment.
Despite the similarities presented, there are distinctive features between the drugs:
- Country of origin. Maalox is produced in France, the cost ranges from 150 to 700 rubles, depending on the dosage. Gastal is made in Croatia, the price is from 170 to 500 rubles per package.
- Release form. The French drug is available in suspension, sachets, chewable tablets. The second remedy can only be purchased in the form of lozenges.
- Duration of exposure. The effect of taking Maalox lasts more than three hours, so you can reduce the number of doses per day. Gastal’s action lasts up to two hours.
- Therapeutic course. In the first case, the course of treatment can last several months. Gastal is not recommended for use for more than two weeks.
- Use in children. French medicine is allowed to be used by adolescents from the age of fifteen, an analogue can be given to children from six years of age.
Both drugs are highly effective, so it is difficult to say which one is better to choose from. This is confirmed by numerous patient reviews. The advantage of the first medication is the variety of forms of release. You can take bags on trips, which is very convenient. It is also suitable for those whose treatment involves a long period of time. This is due to the possibility of use for several months.
In order to avoid unpleasant symptoms, you should eat regularly and properly, avoid spicy, fatty foods, excessive alcohol consumption.
One of the symptoms of pathologies of the digestive system is heartburn, which occurs due to the throwing of the contents of the stomach into the esophagus. Since it does not have a natural defense, it begins to become inflamed, causing a burning sensation in the chest area. For such cases, certain drugs are used to relieve symptoms. The most popular among them are Maalox and Gastal.
Characteristic of the drug Maalox
It is a medication intended for the treatment of acid-dependent pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract. The action occurs by weakening the hydrochloric acid contained in the gastric juice, without causing its secondary increase. In addition, it is able to remove harmful substances, protect the mucous surface of the esophagus and stomach from negative influences. It is produced in the form of a suspension in a bottle and sachets for oral, chewable tablets.
Indications for the use of the medication are:
- Peptic ulcers in the stomach, duodenum of acute degree.
- Inflammation of the gastric mucosa, acute or chronic esophagus.
- Displacement of the lower part of the esophagus relative to the diaphragm.
- Discomfort, pain in the abdomen.
- Burning sensation behind the sternum, belching with acid.
Contraindications for use are:
- Pathologies of the kidneys of a severe degree.
- Decreased blood phosphate levels.
- Fructose intolerance, sweetener.
- Sucrose deficiency.
- Age to fifteen years.
- High sensitivity to incoming components.
Use with caution in diabetes mellitus, Alzheimer’s disease, as well as patients undergoing extrarenal cleansing of the blood. During pregnancy and breastfeeding, admission is possible according to the strict recommendations of the doctor, if the therapeutic benefit exceeds the possible risk to the child.
After use, undesirable reactions may occur:
- Swelling, skin rashes, urticaria.
- Violation of the stool.
- Intestinal obstruction.
- Violations of the contraction of the walls of the esophagus.
- Increased concentrations of magnesium, aluminum, phosphates, calcium.
- Systemic decrease in bone strength.
In case of an overdose, a plentiful drink of clean water is required. Issued without a prescription form.
Characteristic of the drug Gastal
It is a drug that lowers the high acidity of gastric juice to a physiological level, as well as eliminating a violation of the normal functioning of the stomach. The substances included in the composition contribute to the rapid neutralization of hydrochloric acid. Also, with the help of it, the protective and regenerative functions of the gastric mucosa are activated. The action occurs immediately after administration, lasts about two hours. Available in the form of lozenges.
The main indications include:
- Heartburn, including after taking medication, alcohol, coffee, smoking.
- Peptic ulcer of the stomach, duodenum.
- Gastritis of acute or chronic degree.
- Erosion of the mucous membrane of the internal departments.
- Pancreatic inflammation.
- Difficult, painful digestion.
It is not allowed to take in the following cases:
- Renal failure.
- Increased amount of phosphate.
- Children under 6 years old.
- Individual intolerance to the components.
Use with caution during the period of gestation and lactation according to the strict recommendations of the doctor.
During reception, adverse reactions occur extremely rarely. Sometimes allergies, stool disorders, nausea, and weakening taste buds can occur. As a rule, these symptoms disappear on their own and do not require discontinuation of the drug.
The course of treatment is 2 weeks, exceeding the period is allowed only after consultation with a doctor. It is also possible to use for prophylaxis before the alleged manipulations on the organs of the gastrointestinal tract.