The medications under consideration are intended for the treatment of inflammatory, allergic, infectious diseases of the nasal cavity. They are used as therapeutic as well as prophylactic treatment of acute or chronic rhinitis, sinusitis and other pathologies. Allowed for children from two years of age, are available in the same dosage form.
Despite the fact that both medicines have the same goal, there is a significant difference between them:
- Pharmacological group. Nasonex, unlike the second remedy, is a hormonal drug.
- Composition, mechanism of work. Due to various active and auxiliary components, the effect on the body is carried out according to a different principle.
- Country of origin. Nasonex is made in Belgium, Polydex – in France.
- Price category. The cost of the first remedy is much higher and amounts to about 800 rubles per bottle. The French drug can be purchased for 300-350 rubles, which is its significant advantage.
Both medicines are equally effective and successfully cope with their functions. Nasonex is more aimed at eliminating inflammation. Polydex, due to antibiotics, affects the cause of the disease. For this reason, the choice will depend on the diagnosis.
These funds are not analogues, therefore, the replacement of one drug with another is not allowed. Moreover, their combined use is possible if allergic diseases are complicated by the addition of bacterial infections.
It is also necessary to take into account that Polydex has in its composition a combination that will give a positive result when passing doping control in athletes. In this case, you should refrain from using, choosing Nazonex.
Do not forget that self-treatment is not allowed. After the first signs of pathology occur, contact a qualified specialist. Only he can determine what is best suited for each patient individually, as well as exclude the presence of more serious diseases.
Diseases of the nasal cavity cause a lot of inconvenience. It becomes difficult for a person to breathe, talk, and have to experience constant discomfort. This is especially true in cases where the pathology has turned into a chronic form.
Special drugs are used to treat and alleviate unpleasant symptoms. The most popular means aimed at these purposes are Nazonex and Polydex. This article will present their main properties, general and distinctive features that will help determine the choice.
Characterization of the drug Nazonex
It is a hormonal anti-inflammatory drug for topical use, used in otolaryngology. Helps to relieve inflammation, provides anti-allergic effect. The active component is mometasone, the auxiliary component is cellulose, glycerol, citric acid, sodium citrate, water. Available in the form of a spray with a dispenser for spraying.
Indications for use are:
- Seasonal or year-round inflammation of the nasal mucosa of an allergic etiology.
- Complications of acute rhinitis or exacerbation of chronic.
- Inflammation of the nasal passages and sinuses without symptomatic signs of a severe infection.
- Prevention of allergic rhinitis during the period of active flowering of plants, trees.
- Benign formations on the mucous tissues, accompanied by a violation of the respiratory and olfactory functions.
- Individual intolerance of composite components.
- Nose surgery, after which little time has passed.
- Injury to the mucous membrane.
- Children under 2 years old in the treatment of rhinitis, up to 12 years old with acute sinusitis.
Caution should be taken with tuberculosis, herpes, eye infections.
Undesirable side effects may include:
- Symptoms of increased susceptibility, including shortness of breath, bronchospasm, edema.
- Increased fluid pressure inside the eye, decreased vision.
- Bleeding from the nose, burning sensation, dryness, irritation.
- Sore throat.
- Deterioration of taste buds.
- Frequent sneezing.
If these symptoms intensify, discontinuation of the drug may be required. With prolonged use, it is necessary to regularly inspect the sinuses for possible changes.
It is released according to the prescription form of the doctor.
Characteristic of the drug Polydex
It is a combined action drug used in diseases of the nasal cavity. It has anti-inflammatory, vasoconstrictive properties. Active against a variety of pathogens causing infections. Available in the form of a nasal spray with a nebulizer, consisting of a clear liquid, ear drops.
It is indicated for the following pathologies:
- Inflammatory and infectious lesions of the nasal cavity, pharynx.
- Rhinitis of the acute or chronic stage.
- Complications after rhinitis.
- Constant or periodic increase in intraocular pressure.
- Concomitant use of antidepressants.
- Kidney disease with concomitant proteinuria.
- Pregnancy, lactation.
- Age to two and a half years.
- Individual intolerance to the drug.
Use with caution with coronary heart disease, high blood pressure, as well as with an increase in the hormonal activity of the thyroid gland. It is not recommended to use for washing the sinuses.
The product is tolerated quite calmly by patients, without causing discomfort. Sometimes an allergic reaction to the skin may occur in the form of a rash, redness.